* Zantarni, Year 1... in review *
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The City Hall
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 pm

So, Zantarni... it has been just over a year now since Zukyun and I took over Reign of the Realm.

In that time, there have been a lot of changes -- we have fended off a Glendor Invasion, seen several Dragons and Warriors come through Edingtol, we've welcomed Elves, Leprechauns, Dryads, Gypsies, Centaurs and Fauns, Nobles, Jesters, Peasants, Sheep, Ducks and even some Bugs... We have had several new shopkeepers and Feature keepers make themselves known across Edingtol, and have very nearly made our friend the Smuggler
(*gasp!*) reputable with the opening of his second shop in the center of Town!

We have tweaked the site design a bit, reorganized the forums, and brought more consistency to the information available and terminology used across Edingtol. The Site Rules have been revised a bit, and Zukyun and I have chased down several bugs and several more typos, and tried on the whole to tie up some of the loose ends while continuing forward progress for the betterment of the Realm. We have been fortunate to have added several wonderful and talented people to the Staff -Pixelists, Artists and Knights alike
(and sometimes, strange combinations of those roles!)... people who have shown their dedication to Zantarni in a number of ways, and who have been working hard behind the scenes to create all the new graphics and items for everyone to spend their gold on!

Zantarni's staff have truly been working very hard the last year. Unfortunately, we've not been able to get nearly as much done as I would have liked. There are, quite frankly, many details to Zantarni's technical side that are just more convoluted and tedious to work with than they ever should be... but we continue to plug away at making the changes that Zantarni needs. What this really means is that Zukyun and I have been spending a whole lot of time behind the scenes investigating different technical options for Zantarni and doing things like setting up web servers, analyzing Zantarni's features and doing a lot of research and testing, while also trying to organize information for the site and finalize plans and features as we go forward with development. Yes, this means that Zantarni is looking at getting a pretty big face-lift in the near-ish future!! (yay!) Getting the new platform in place will take several months of development, however, so please be patient - we want to do this properly and establish a solid base from which we can then "really run"!

This also means that there will be plenty of opportunities for you to help with things
(we'll post), and Zukyun and I will do our best to update everyone as things progress and time-lines become more definite. Until then, please continue to show your support of Zantarni and these development efforts by buying lots and lots (and lots!! XD) of gems and inviting your friends and family to check out the rather unique online community that is Zantarni!

... and that's pretty much where we are right now
(except for all the other updates and changes that have been made and omitted from this post!)

Zukyun and I -as well as all the Staff- thank you all for being a part of Zantarni. We couldn't do it without you... and we're looking forward to what we hope is going to be a wonderful 2nd year!

Kiyo Ayanami

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 pm
Keep up the great work!
Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:54 pm
I can't believe it's already been a year! It doesn't feel like that at all. And I'm quite glad for all the changes that have occurred since Queen and Regent have taken over the realm. They have made the site, with each step, better than it was before.

I honestly think that Blaze and Zukyun have brought much happiness into Zantarni. I've noticed so many people becoming more involved and inspired by the site and by everyone who works "behind the scenes".

And having been a proud member for 3 long years, I can definitely say that I've never seen Zantarni be so properly and positively improved before Queen Blaze and Regent Zukyun took over. It not only impresses me but makes me happy to see the transformation of my favorite online community.

So for the 2nd year around, I wish you two the best of luck and I know you'll not cease in your efforts to give people a Zantarni they will truly call home. For that I say, thank you! Smile

If I've said too much just let me know, haha. I tend to go overboard with praises if I really like something. Wink

http://www.zantarni.com/av_voting/index.php?av=139428 Click to vote!
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 pm
You both have done a great job with this site! I have seen it in the gutters and you both have made this site so much better! Keep up the great work Smile

Aggie, I love you with my whole butt. I'd say "heart," but my butt is bigger.
Heart
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm
I am about as happy as a pig in mud currently about Zan'i. I'd remain content if there were only the Queen's lovely events - and monthly items - added. If there is new improvement stuff coming, it must be quite exciting. Luffles
Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm
**presses the "Like" button & disappears again**
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 am
Can I "like" Lanatin's "like" comment? Very Happy

It doesn't feel like a year yet but I do "like" Zani alot more since Blaze and Zookie took over- the items look better, theres more stuff to see and do, and everyone seems a lot happier on the site overall Smile

Three Cheers for our Queen, Regent and the Staff!

...Still waiting for the release of those monogramed Z towels...
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:43 am
Queen Blaze and King Zyukun, you both have worked wonders for Zantarni. It's been incredible to watch the site grow and improve over the past year, I've never see such dedicated rulers. *smiles* Keep up the amazing work, I look forward to watching the site become even more magnificent than it always is. And, I will help out to the best of my ability.

Art by Lyht <3
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:42 am
It's been a great first year, and i'm looking forward to more with you both!
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 am
It's only been one year? It feels like so much longer... XD
Well, I have to say that this past year on Zantarni has been the best for me. Things were kind of starting to die before you two took over. There has been a lot going on which has encouraged me to be around more and post more, thus I've made more friends in the past year than I had before that, I think.
So yay! ^__^ Even if you didn't get everything done that you would have liked to, it's still something to celebrate.
Heart
Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:16 am
I have to say that you have done wonderful things for Zantarni and I can't wait to see what else you have in store! Here is to another year and to many more after that! *raises glass in cheer*
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:18 pm
A year already... time sure flies. Considering everything that has been done in that year I have no doubt that things will keep going well.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 pm
*cheers and throws confetti*

P.M. Please, If You See Any Wolves...
Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 am
Gosh, it *has* been a year, hasn't it? I'm proud to be a part of this community, and very happy with all the changes made over this last year. I wish you much luck with the future plans.
And, Long Live the Queen!
Long Live the Regent!
Long Live the Dungeon!

I believe that everything happens for a reason....usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:42 am
I will be glad to linger here
For every single wondrous year
That our dear Queen rules o'er the land
With her dear lord at her right hand.

They've brought this realm to pastures fair
And honored is this bird to share
In all the good that they have wrought
With patient hands and careful thought.

And let me ne'er forget our Knights
Whose constant, kindly grace delights
All citizens they meet each day.
I've not enough of them to say!

In one short year you've turned us 'round,
You've lifted us from off the ground
And placed us firmly on our feet.
To be here with you is a treat.

So once again do I take knee
And voice the love I have for thee.
You've done so much for all of we;
Our heartfelt thanks, your Majesty.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The City Hall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2