Zantarni's Make a Snowman Contest - Winners Announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Official Tournament Archives
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 am

Come one…Come all, to Zantarni's Snowman-making Contest.

All members are welcome to enter the contest (no mules please). One entry per member.

How to enter: We will provide you with the basic outline for the snowman...or lady, and then let your imaginations run wild by dressing them up in their Zantarni Finery, you can even add a background, if you like. You may use Paint or the Mac equivalent; any type of paint program or you may print out the base and use crayons or colored pencils and then scan it and save it to Photobucket or some other image-hosting site (as long as you use the base provided). The contest will be judged on originality and the use of Zantarni items (the use of artistic license is encouraged...to make it fun for all).

Winners will receive a choice from the Fake Wing set (Cherubim, Angel, Archangel). The first-placed winner may choose one pair of wings from the set of three, the second-placed winner may choose between the remaining two pairs of wings, and the third-placed winner will receive the final pair of wings.

Contest Rules

Arrow Follow the Rules of Zantarni and the TOS.
Arrow No Mule entries will be accepted.
Arrow All entries must be your own original work.
Arrow All entries must include the user's name and the date the snowman was created.
Arrow All entries will become the property of Zantarni and may be used at our discretion.
Arrow One entry per person.
Arrow If you have concerns about an entry, PM a Knight. Concerns are not to be dealt with by the players, as this could be considered "harassment" as per the site Rules, and will be dealt with accordingly.
Arrow Only one prize per person, across all contests. You may enter all of the St. Yorick's Day contests, but win and claim a prize in only one.

So …come one….come all and enter Zantarni's Snowman-making Contest and good luck to all.

The snowman must be submitted by midnight PST on 12/25/09, the judging will take place at that time and hopefully the winners will be announced as soon as the judging is completed.

Here is a base for you to use for the contest:

And here is a sample....Seems Lord Scarz is all dressed up for St. Yorick's Day...

Entries:

Lady Ice

Laur

Ducky 333

Karia Taki

Celestrya

Lanatin

Sinister Sassy

Lady SilverFlames

Takai

Mouynaka Senshi

BettyxMe

MaiKaiKun

Lady G

Nina Windia

Liriel Baenre

Zinn

Haru

Smiling, Meldrick steps forward, " and the winning snowmen are:"

1. Karia Taki

2. Celestrya

3. Zinn

Meldrick smiles, "I apologize for the delay in announcing the winners, but we had a very unusual circumstance, Lady Haru garnered the top votes in two contests and elected to accept the award for the Art Contest."

"I congratulate all the contestants as I truly love this contest."

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.

Last edited by Meldrick the Elder on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:33 am
Ohh I cant wait to do this! Maybe I will be lucky enough to get my comp back before this contest is over XD If not then I will have to color it since I suck with MS paint ><;;

I am excited to see a new contest for a change <33

Aggie, I love you with my whole butt. I'd say "heart," but my butt is bigger.
Heart
Celestrya

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:38 am
Also very excited! Very Happy I started drawing right away, just needs to be colored now. ^_^
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 am
*chuckles* I had fun making mine and I see by the banner, some of Meldrick's little friends are having fun, too. *smiles*

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am
That has to be my favorite contest banner, ever! ^_^ Very well done, it made me smile, as did yours Sir Scarz. I can't wait to see what others come up with.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:59 am
Thank you...and I cannot wait to see some very 'cool' snowmen *chuckles*

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 am
This looks like a nice contest, Sir Meldrick, I hope you get a lot of entries!

That's a truly awesome banner!! *admires it*

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 am
I quick question Meldrick.

Does the snowman base have to remain in that exact positioning..? Or are we allowed to move him around the canvas? (keeping him intact of course!)

--I can't wait to get started on mine. Very Happy
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:40 pm
edit: i made slight change and rather funny edition to my picture lol

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo128/elicia1016/snowman-3.jpg

who loves my semi evil looking snow women it took me about 15minutes i dont know who to make it like meldricks so i just sed the regular paint thingy that comes with thecomputer....i hope i hav a chance Sad to win

Last edited by Lady Ice on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 pm
Cool contest! I like being able to print him out and drawing by hand so I may go with that option.

Can't wait to see what people come up with!

I just thought of a question though, when it says, "Dressing them up in their Zantarnian finery" are we only suppose to dress them up in Zantarnian clothing we have on the sie? And if so, do we have artistic liberty to how we want to represent the items?
Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:50 pm
heres mine! Hope everyone likes!

my mule is Derian
yay spectrum wings!!
Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 pm
Well, I suppose I can try. =P All for fun..

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 pm
Wait, it has to be in Paint?
Also, I advise you resave the snowman outline as a .png as it's a .jpg with fuzz everywhere right now, which makes it really ugly in paint.
QUESTING GREEN UNHOODED CLOAK, OFFERING ART, PM ME.
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:52 pm
Meldrick smiles, "Lady Nobody, the base is the key. . as long as the basic snowman is made from it..it can be on any side or even laying down, your choice. . . Lady Betty it has been changed and any art program will be acceptable as long as the base is used."

"Lady Amurita, yes they need to be dressed in Zantarni clothing, but as always, artistic license will be allowed."

"Also, if you want to change your entry, you can do so any time prior to the end of the contest...just be sure to let me know of the change and I will change it in my first post."

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:31 pm
I noticed the base is a little fuzzy. Are we allowed to clean it up as long as the original shape is there or do we just kinda work around it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4