63%
 63%  [ 333 ]
No, needs improvement
13%
 13%  [ 70 ]
Don't really care
4%
 4%  [ 22 ]
oohhh pickles x3 (Whats that got to do with this? o.O)
18%
 18%  [ 96 ]
Total Votes : 521

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm
I always thought about presenting the items like Blaze does when she's making the DI release post, and turning the image into a link. When people click on the picture they can see the items individually on a larger scale, as well as the low and high end of each item.

It probably will be very time consuming which is why I haven't been saying anything about it. When was reading your posts about limited space that's what trigger my lost idea. XD

Bought in BM:
Dark Net for 9000 Zg
Dart Frog Legs for 7000 Zg
Dart Frog Hat for 5000 Zg
Dart Frog Belly for 5000 Zg

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:46 pm
Bought in CM:
Splendid Cloak = 7k
Splendid Coat = 5k
Splendid Coat = 5k
Splendid Belt = 3k
Splendid Gilded Brush = 2k
Splendid Gilded Mirror = 6k
Splendid Gilded Mask =3k
Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 am
Hmm.. I wouldn't have a clue where to put those posts if I were to do that, Ivy. I certainly can't do anything like that on my own, heavens no, sleep is necessary and vital to my functioninggg. But it sounds like quite an efficient idea, aesthetics-wise. Yes (I do appreciate a need and tidy thread.)

I forgot to mention, Amurita. For the time being, I do have the items charted out on a google document, so I can see the trends of sales for my own utilization (yes, I'm a wee bit OCD sometimes.) If anyone would like to know any sales information in particular for specific item(s) I can provide that.

I've updated the prices with what's been provided. Keep them coming, please!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 am
Bought Zanderland Socks of all kinds for 9,000 ea.

I feel like the price guide limits both the inflation of items and the deflation of items.

When you sell something in the shop ((or buy I suppose too)) you almost always go off of the price guide. If it's a relatively recent item, they sell ((or you buy)) it for around the price of the price guide even if it may be worth more ((or less)) now.
*ramble ramble*

I don't know how this could even be fixed. Just food for thought maybe??

*luffles Ivy and runs off*
You are doing a fantasterific job Inspire :3
Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 pm
Thanks for the report and discussion, Lady Lion :3

For everyone to read wrote:
I've seen quite a few sales going around in the MP which I'm happy about, but I just don't have time to track the market place and get them. If anyone else can spare some time to report what they see (where, and when if possible for the 'books') I'd seriously appreciate it.

I noticed as well that users primarily follow the guide, even when it was outdated by a year.

My issue with pricing the items is that although I would ideally like to be able to guide users with what the prices are selling for, but to do so I need/prefer users to guide me with their prices bought and sold. I could very well adjust it myself in attempt to guesstimate price changes, but I don't think users would appreciate me guessing on prices even just to get them adjusted for now(and I'm not positive it would be the best) without any sort of feed back. . . or I'm wrong here, please do say.

We've had quite a few changes to the realm since this guide's last update, before my first. Originally, the prices were set up to match the impending inflation when we were able to fish and mine endlessly, and that's where it stayed. When Queen Blaze became the owner of the lands she implemented a cap on the mines in attempt to fix this, but we still had seemingly endless pure in circulation for some time. As pure began to thin out and became worth something we had few tracking the prices at that time. When I volunteered to upkeep the guide, I had limited resources available to update with, and a guide that had a year's worth of updating required still ongoing.

Now... soon enough prices will continue to have to adjust with the new forging/mining/fishing cap implemented.

Should I attempt to adjust the guide to match the economical impending status, as was done previously? Or should I let citizens decide what's best for the prices?

Frankly speaking, if I were to do the latter, the prices may not change with our previous track record of users continuing to follow the guide. And with the former idea, there's all the changes made that impact the economy to consider and I'm not sure what factors are most important to consider as of current.

I've been sitting on this for a while, which is why the majority of older prices have not been updated (lack of sales) and now I have another cap to consider. I'd like to do it the right way, but I'm not sure there's a definitive solution that will bring me there.

That is why I am considering (for the time being) to emphasize the prices lacking updates with either a bold, italics or colouring to raise awareness.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 pm
Sold in the Citizen's Marketplace -

Golden Feather Hairpin - 2,500zg
Frosted Green Headband - 2,500zg
Box Hat - 2,500zg

Bought in the Citizen's Marketplace -

Tattered Bat Wings - 16,000zg
Purple Magical Eye - 65,000zg
Guandao - 450,000zg
Xmas Horns - 390,000zg

And about your questions, I think that you should not try to adjust the prices, and let it run its course... The prices will eventually go down over time as we feel the impact of the new mining caps... We will start accepting less pure for items than we once would and those prices will start to drop that way... But I like the idea of putting some color coding or something to show just which items haven't been updated in a long time, so that we can maybe adjust the prices ourselves instead of following the prices that are out of date... Yes

And I want to say thank you for doing this Inspire, its so nice to actually price things again with a guide, I was neglecting to use this thread for awhile for its lack of updates before you picked it back up...
Heart

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Starry belt - 200k and one gem

CLICK DA PETS
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 pm
Sold in the Auction House -

Yorick's Mini Wings - 150,000zg

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm
I love how the mini wings were baught as such a reasonable price :3
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm
Inspire the beached, tropics, and hibiscus items that go for 8-20k i have been buying for 10-15k. That seems to be the reoccuring reasonable price for those items.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 am
gem - 180k in CM

CLICK DA PETS
Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:03 am
Thanks everyone!

Thank you, Shugga. What you've said is reassuring. As I consider it, I do know that users will have no choice but to adjust the prices eventually.

I've noticed a lot of items on the market since the new cap has been implemented. Has anyone been making successful sales?
I was hoping so since there's so much to buy.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 pm
sold in the citizens marketplace:
You just sold 1 x Winter 06 Starry Mask for 750000 Zg
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 pm
Thank you, Toxic :3

*Update*
I've begun bolding items that have been updated after the mining/fishing cap, and will continue to have them in bold as new pricings are taken into consideration.

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:53 am
Thanks for the update lnspire! As for your question about adjusting prices, I'm basically of the same mindset as Shugga :3

On to the transactions...

Bought in CM:

July 30
Splendid Boots = 7000 Zg

Aug 1
Gem = 20k (Thought it was a mistype but then I saw them reupload it again at this same price of 20k so maybe they were just being generous?)

Aug 4
Zanderland Green Belt = 4500 Zg

Aug 8
Large Palm Fan = 10000 Zg
Hibiscus Wrap = 10000 Zg
Tropics Sandals = 10000 Zg
Tropics Wrap = 10000 Zg
Tropics Short Wrap = 10000 Zg
Tropics Belt = 10000 Zg
Ribbon Background = 10000 Zg
Splendid Stockings = 10000 Zg

Aug 10
Beached Blue Top = 5000 Zg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Castle Bazaar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 61 of 66