.Zantarni Chronicles. (Hiring Historian)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion [Nov.'19]
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:04 am
@Xarxes: Me too. I've got my laptop back, but still a midterm on monday, and one the week after that. But other than that I have more free time now.

Have you guys had anymore progress on the projects?

@EternalHearts: I know how that is. Hopefully you can enjoy what we come up with though :3
Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:22 am
I have had one interview for the historical thing, but I have been waiting on Sceado to have what he would like the first chapter to be, and now that you have time, we get to see what you would like the first chapter to be, if you would like to do that. I plan on getting those three entries, and us working on a way of combinging the ideas we like, and scrapping the ideas that don't work out.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:57 pm

I will absolutely enjoy it Amurita!! And, although I'm not terribly creative, I would like to offer my editing skills or suggestions during my breaks. I'd love to help out on a regular and consistent basis once I graduate in May.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm
@Xarxes: I'm working on editing/making my own version right now :3

@EternalHearts: That sounds great to me, especially since my grammar skills aren't the best ^^;
Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:21 pm
I'll be waiting. :]

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Amurita wrote:
@EternalHearts: That sounds great to me, especially since my grammar skills aren't the best ^^;

My pleasure! I love grammar Embarassed

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 pm
Glad to have you, Hearts. I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. My time had been limited lately, but I'll make time for those interested in helping.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 am
So now we've got an editor?
Fantastic! Thank you Hearts.
^_^
I'm sure we all will do our best
In each our separate parts.

Yes
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:15 pm
Hello there! Very Happy I may not be much help to the actual story writing, but I AM highly interested in making a "historical society" of sorts-- to record our wonderful land's past events/change in rulers. Perhaps we two groups can work together to achieve both goals? Very Happy
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:48 pm
Good. :]
I'll be leaving soon, but you can begin asking around and searching threads for the details on the first St. Yorick event.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 am
So far, all I've found is the original story behind St. Yorick. Would that be any help to you? ow o
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 am
Yeah, go ahead and post it up.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 am
Quote:
Celebration in honour of Yorick the Brave

There was an ancient tale. It told of a fight between Lilitu and some meaningless Humans. As Lilitu always wins, she abandoned those Humans. She punished them and made them live isolated from civilization.

Yorick, he was one of those Humans, he was an inventor. He was the first to break free and return to the world of Zantarni. Bravely, he travelled to Edingtol. He would let the world know what Lilitu had done, and he would fight her. Once arrived in Edingtol, Yorick ventured down into the sewers. He sensed something. There was this sparkle, this light, this familiar feeling. Too late, he realised what it was. It was Lilitu herself, there, waiting for him and waiting to destroy him. Yorick knew he could not turn back and that he had to face the goddess. If she would not take his life, she might extinguish all of Zantarni.
The moment those two pure lights, Yorick and Lilitu, the moment they touched, there was an explosion. An explosion so great it blew the streets of Edingtol away. The great hall of the Wizards Guild and the square in front of it were devastated. Still, amidst the fire, the cracked stone, the wounded... there was a glimmer of hope. Small round objects started to appear. Orbs of pure magic. They would remind the people magic was neither good nor evil and it only existed because both good and evil existed. Those orbs were given to the citizens of Edingtol and they would be treasured.

Yorick had given his life to free his people and to protect Edingtol... and especially to warn Edingtol for what was to come. This was Yorick’s gift and it was celebrated.

Yorick had died in late spring… but at that moment a fire only just started to spread and the sun still had to rise. The celebration for Yorick would not be celebrated until winter… the beginning of winter. When snow would start to fall and when trees were empty… the citizens of Edingtol remembered Yorick and remembered that because of him they were still alive and they would survive through the winter.

Yorick the Brave. The warmth in winter… and the warmth should be passed on… and gifts should be exchanged. Yorick the Brave, you will always be remembered.

As found in 501 AMT I ^^;
Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am
I saw that and forgot to save it, thanks. :]
Also, did you know that St. Yorick was actually the name of the first server? "Yorick" was it's name. I asked around and found that out.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:21 am
:3 No problem! ^_^
Really? Very Happy I didn't know that. Very Happy Haha. I'll have to make note of that interesting tidbit. ^_^
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9