.Zantarni Chronicles. (Hiring Historian)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion [Nov.'19]
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 am
It'd probably be good to look at all the NPC's as well (listed on 2nd page of zandex with brief descriptions). There were also a few rp-ish threads that NPC's made in the past in Zan Chat, but I can't look for them right now as I'm busy studying for midterms. I'm pretty sure Alric made one a while back.

Oh, btw I wrote a contest entry blurb before that I based on an imaginary history of Zantarni. You know how we have the two types of Medea clothes (Valencia and Kaimana) and that Yorick fought against that one goddess, Lilitu Medea? I imagined them as sisters, past goddesses that are no longer worshiped. I'd love to do something on that angle, what do you guys think?

And here's the entry I had (last post on the page):
http://www.zantarni.com/winners-announced-zantarni-s-winter-writing-contest-t50299.html
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm
First installment coming up. Warm up yer message pigeons.

Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 pm
Not sure if you sent it out yet, but can you send me the 1st chapter too?

As for the title 'Zantarni Days' I like the graphic, but I'm not much of a fan of the title. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it doesn't feel that old to me, but more modern sounding. Kind of like it could be the name of a videogame or something.

Maybe 'Zantarni Chronicles/Chronicles of Zantarni/Zantarni Chronicled' or 'Days of Zantarni Past'. Or maybe add a subtitle, so it'd be: 'Zantarni Days: A Historical Tome'.
Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 pm
I like your idea. :]
I actually have to do some work to it, and then I will let you two see what I have done. The two of you are totally permitted to alter/critique/edit, or even make you own version. I just thought I would go in the direction of telling the story of someone visiting Zantarni now, instead of starting in the past. It seems more relevant, and I assume most readers want to see a progressive story with bits of our history squeezed in, rather than a history lesson.

Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 pm
That sounds like a good idea actually.

Though I would love to write down the actual stories separately some time later with more details just in case anyone would be interested in them, plus it would be fun to do x3
Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:18 pm
That is a good idea as well. The history of Zantarni should be recorded, but by whom? I can't do it because I don't know as much about it as half of the users here, perhaps. Laughing

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 pm
Agent Xarxes wrote:
The history of Zantarni should be recorded, but by whom?

This is actually a question Zukyun and I were discussing the other night. We can not ignore the rich history this site has, nor should we give it undue emphasis. We also can not base Zan's future on its past (this would be counter-productive). What we do need is some kind of synopsis of Zantarni's history compiled - for reference, for simplicity, for preservation...

Whether or not this task (or idea) falls in to the scope of what you guys are discussing here, or whether it would help you to do this... or even if anyone is interested in starting something like this, I'm not sure. Some of the Knights (& Anastasia) are well-versed in Zan's history, and, as you know, some is documented in the Storyteller's Forum, the Zandex, Zan Musings, a couple of the older threads in Pubs n' Clubs... scattered around the site, basically.

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:22 pm
When you say Zan's history, are you just referring to the storyline side of it, or are you also thinking of actual event of the site's past (ie when the site opened and stuff like that)?

I may be able to do that as I've actually lurked the past threads of zan chat and other areas and learned some of what happened or was planned to happened in the storyline. Of course, since I wasn't here for all of it I would want to pm some staff/older users about it...unless you already have someone who's planning to do this, then that info would be helpful to have.

Of course, if I were to do it I'd probably have to start next week when my schedule is more free and I get my laptop back.

Queen of the Realm
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 pm
Amurita wrote:
When you say Zan's history, are you just referring to the storyline side of it, or are you also thinking of actual event of the site's past (ie when the site opened and stuff like that)?

Actually, both - particularly since they tend to be intertwined (but a separation of Zan storyline and actual (physical/virtual) site history) would be good if we can manage it.
Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 pm
I am willing to write down everything about Zantarni that I can find. But as you well know, it will take help from everyone knowledgable in the past of the land.

Amurita;
I am anxious to get your less divided attention on this. We'll be a good team, the three of us. :]

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm
Is it possible to possibly create a History section in the Library that will house links to the existing material, THEN have an NPC (Clio, Muse of History comes to mind) that "manages" that section.

I'm not totally sure on how to appoint someone to "control" Clio (I'm using this for th sake of typing ease) or if the history team (Agent Xarxes, Amurita, Sceadu Phoenix) will repot to a Knight for updating purposes--that's outside of my realm of understanding.

Or I'm making no sense. I think this is a fantastic idea and wish grad school wasn't such an energy drain.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:29 pm
That sounds like a great idea, but what we are doing is two seperate projects. The first is to make a story for Zantarnians to follow, and preferably enjoy. And second, to make a History Tome of reference for those interested. The Historical Book would contain the information that would be used in the section of the library you speak of.

I can see the story getting off the ground first, though.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 am

AH! Okay, I understand now. My misunderstanding. So the story would be current with references to the past or include the past and then continue into the present/future?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 am
EternalHearts wrote:

AH! Okay, I understand now. My misunderstanding. So the story would be current with references to the past or include the past and then continue into the present/future?

You got it. :]

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Very intersting; and daunting. I'm incredibly impressed with the idea and wish I had half the motivation needed to help with it. Alas, school is too much to handle.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9