{ Zan Musings }
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 6170, 6171, 6172  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:43 pm
November 5th - November 10th:

ACK!! I'm being stalked ... by Xarxes!

So... announcing another mini-Musings Challenge!! Blaze wants to see.... your best Blazestorm impersonations!! Let's see them, folks... (edit: this is now closed)

Arrow Sept.10th-16th
"Blaze Wants to See" Challenge... now closed. Thanks for participating and entertaining your Queen!! :3

Arrow Feb.13
Vday outfits: [contest now over]

Arrow Feb.12:
Mardi Gras Avs: [contest now over]

Arrow Jan.7, 2013:

... I'm just sticking this here, above the usual first-post, first-page stuff that has been here FOREVER! Feel free to scroll down to read it if you're so inclined, but I'm not scrolling through it to update it the way I once did...

The important thing to know is that Musings is having a contest... it's the first one in a while... and it should be fun! Come join us! (and make me artz!)

The details:

Lanatin wrote:

Zan Musings Page 6k Contest!

It has been a long time since Musings has seen a 1k page turn and in celebration of Page 6k approaching we are going to have a little contest. First we will start with the prizes.

1st Place: Opalesque Wing & Horn Set and Matrix-esque Wing & Hornset or Choice of either set & 5 items from Dream Widget Market

2nd Place: Choice of Opalesque or Matrix-esque Wing & Horn set and 3 item from Dream Widget Market or 5 items from Dream Widget Market

3rd Place: Choice of Opaleque or Matrix-esque Wing & Horn set or 3 items from Dream Widget Market.

The Rules

This contest is a celebration of community and page counts. Its a celebration of involvement but I want to keep it simple. So here are the rules.

• Contest will run from this post to that last post on page 6,000 of Zan Musings.
  • All rules for posting must be followed.
  • Post must contain a minimum of 20 words to be counted. {These must be actual full typed words. Formatting not included. Links not included. Quotes not included.}
  • You must count your own words and post the word count at the bottom of the post. IE= "Word Count = 35" {I will check them if I think it is close. The word count portion does not count towards your actual word count.}
  • Person with the highest post count will win first place, 2nd highest 2nd place, & 3rd highest will win 3rd place.
  • You must have one of the following images in your signature to participate.

Code:
[url=http://bit.ly/XfUPt4][img]http://tinyurl.com/2xnoq3/ZMP6K.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.zantarni.com/zan-musings-page-6k-contest-t27590.html][img]http://www.zantarni.com/Blaze_mockups/ZMusings-p6k.jpg[/img][/url]

As always, Blaze & myself are ineligible for this contest. We have the right to modify these rules prior to its ending. Anyone found to be breaking the rules and/or spirit behind this contest will be disqualified.

Welcome to Zan Musings!

Zan Musings was originally begun on August 7, 2007 for the Day of the Dead celebrations. Since then, it has been deleted twice (losing better than 1,700 pages). Still, it perseveres. It has seen good citizens leave and new players come in, it has witnessed drama and excitement and played host to games and contests, and to some rather corny jokes in its time. Many good things have happened here.

Musings is, and always has been, open to everyone provided that a certain level of respect for each other is maintained at all times; I, or the regulars here, will not abide by rudeness or spam or anything that breaks the Rules of Zantarni or ignores basic common courtesy.

The primary theme to Musings is to discuss the daily goings-on in and around the realm; events and their details, glitches and fixes, new features added, details of how to accomplish certain tasks and other things of that nature. The conversation in this thread is often rather varied; It can be silly or intense, or anything in between. The pages can also fly by sometimes, and some posts may get overlooked... if this happens, don't take it personally - just jump in to the conversation!

The regular posters of Musings are also varied and include well-established citizens as well as those who recently found Zantarni... and many of us tend to pop in and out of the conversation randomly - especially since many of the regular posters are Knights. The atmosphere here is pretty laid-back though, and as mentioned before, all are welcome.

Daily (or regular) updates are posted in the first post of the thread (here), along with a wide assortment of information and links associated with the site and recent updates and additions beneath these daily updates. There is older information available through the Archives links towards the bottom of this post.

Have fun... and welcome to Musings!

-none at this time-

-working on the site- go check the recent announcements in City Hall- Razz

LOL- I will update this page when I get a chance, but I have been busy trying to take care of other things besides keeping Musings' front page current. I have a sneaky suspicion you'll forgive me! XD

Arrow Current Knights (Mods): (updated 21July10)

... Juanalene - Sr. Knight - currently on extended leave from Zantarni
    ... Nema - Sr. Knight
    ... Tisiel - Sr. Knight

... Amersemt
    ... LillieRose
    ... Strawberry13

... Blazestorm - owner, Sr. Admin., "Queen of the Realm"
    ... Zukyun - co-owner, Sr. Admin., "Regent of the Realm"

... Scarz - Admin Assistant, "Defender of the Realm"

Arrow Zantarni Pets, v.2.0 FAQ Kindly provided by Musings' Squire, Lanatin. There is additional information provided in Lady WishingMoon's thread HERE, although I have transcripted some of the information here for easier reference:
Lanatin wrote:
OK, so here is a guide to the new pets.

Arrow Pick your Pet - Now when you go to adopt an egg you can pick from a Zanto Egg or Gryffe Egg.

The colors however will remain random.

Gryffe Colors
  • Green
  • Pink
  • Silver
  • Blue
  • Red

Arrow Feed Your Pet - When you visit a pet it will have a Hunger Bar and a Feed button

If the Hunger bar is fully green your pet is full and does not need to be fed, otherwise he is hungry and clicks will count for less than the whole value. To feed him, click the button and a list of the food in your inventory will be displayed below the button. You must click on one of those items to actually feed the pet.

(NOTE: Your pet will eat even if he isnt hungry. Feeding him when he is full will gain you nothing extra but will take the food item out of your inventory.)

Arrow New Growth Rate - Now your eggs growth depends on the Number of "Unique Visits" (People who have never clicked your egg before), "Return Visits" (People Who have clicked your egg before), and the Pet "Hunger".
(Note: The egg will only count the first visit in each 24 hour period from each user.)

This part seems to be complicated for many people and I will try to explain it.

The Pets Hunger Bar is similar to Energy and the most growth can be accomplished when they are full. I will go into greater detail on Hunger in a minute, but you need to understand this before I continue.

The Max growth for a New Visit is 1.0
The Max growth for a Return Visit is 0.1

So lets say on Day1 UserA, UserB, & Userc visit your pet:
UserA's visit will make your pet grow 1.0
UserB's visit will make your pet grow 1.0 giving him a total of 2.0
UserC's visit will make your pet grow 1.0 giving him a total of 3.0

On Day2 UserA, UserB & UserD visit your pet:
UserA is a return visit and will only grow your pet 0.1 for a total of 3.1
UserB is a return visit and will only grow your pet 0.1 for a total of 3.2
UserD is a new visit and will therefore frow your pet 1.0 for a total of 4.2
UserD visits again on the same day which does not grow your pet at all.

Now those values only work if your pet is full. If your pet is hungry the amount of each visit is reduced.
Say your Pet was only 75% full on Day1:
Then UserA's visit would make your pet grow 0.75
UserB's visit would make your pet grow 0.75
UserC's visit would make your pet grow 0.75

And if he was only 75% full on Day2:
UserA's visit would make your pet grow 0.075
UserB's visit would make your pet grow 0.075
UserD's visit would make your pet grow 0.75
UserD's second visit would not grow him any more

It gets more complicated but that is the basics behind the feeding system.

Arrow The Older the Pet, the Less the Need to Eat - A growing pet needs more energy to grow. Your pet will

start off 100% full and will grow hungrier as time passes. At the Baby stage his energy will be depleted completely in

approximately 1 day. At the Mature stage the energy will be completely depleted over a period of approximately 3 days.
(Note: This is the best I could get from Lord Alex. More research will have to be done to determine this in a

more exact fashion.)

Arrow A Zan hatchery is in the works - Lord Alex has given no official information on this yet, but he has said to stay tuned and that it is in the works.

Well, I think that about covers everything on the new pet system. If you have any more questions please feel free to post your questions and I'll try to answer them or clarify something if you don't understand what I said.

(Note: Visits are tracked by IP so if your IP changes the visit rules don't really affect you since your are considered a New User each time your IP changes.)

WishingMoon wrote:

Pets:
Zantosaurus (Class Obsidian) is Lord Alex's Royal pet.

Zantosaurus takes 100 unique clicks to hatch. Returning visitors give .1 If the pet is fully fed. If the pet is only 75% fed the click will count as .075, etc., etc. This is from my understanding. It has 4 life stages. Any stage stopped becomes an item. Names will not carry over once the pet is turned into an item.

Clicks are not counted for pets who have been turned into items.

Baby. Youth. Adult. Mature.

Colors: Black, red, gold, pink, green, silver, blue

Gryffe

Baby.Youth.Adult.Mature.

Colors: Green, pink, silver, blue, red

Egg color does not determine the color of the baby. Baby color is random.

Eggs:
As of now you may have as many as you want. There are 4 egg types so far. Two eggs can not have the same name. Colors are random.
Blue and gold starry.
Red and white stripped.
Pink and purple polkadot.
Silver and white sparkle.

Breeding:
Shugga Magnolia has eggs that apper to be the offspring of Mikochans Adult.

Feeding:
You must have food from the Food stores to feed your pet. For the Food store go to Town> Market>Food store.

Tags for sigs:

Code:
[url=http://][img]http://[/img][/url]

A rotating signature host is:
http://www.clintonio.com
To shrink the url:
http://www.tinyurl.com

Profiles: (Thank you Lady Nema for this info)
To add the eggs (or any other linked images) to your profile, first add the image:
click where you want to position the image
click on the icon that looks like a small tree (2nd row of icons, on the right)
insert the image url

then add the link:
select the image
clink on the icon that looks like a chain link (2nd row of icons, before the tree)
insert the url link

(Note: if you have a video link in your profile, you will have to re-insert it after editing your profile, because it gets wiped.)

Save changes.

If you have any questions about any of this information please feel free to ask.

(Provided by Squirrel Hybrid)
Babies - 5 attack, 0 defense, 10 durability
Babies (black and red) - 6 attack, 0 defense, 12 durability
Young - 10 attack, 5 defense, 35 durability
Young (black and red) - 12 attack, 6 defense, 42 durability
Adult - 50 attack, 25 defense, 150 durability
Adult (black and red) - 60 attack, 30 defense, 180 durability
Mature - 30 attack, 40 defense, 100 durability
Mature (black and red) - 36 attack, 48 defense, 120 durability

Red and Black have 20% higher stats then other colors.

Color chart for the Gryffe:

Arrow Helpful Links: (Updated 21Apr09)

Arrow Thread Archives:

... Archive #17, page 5074, information going back through most of the last year of Lord Alex's reign over Zantarni
    ... Archive #16: Page 4750, Sept-Nov'09 Gryffe pet, Halloween, new Smuggler items, etc. (incomplete info due to iRL keeping me busy)
    ... Archive #15: Page 4605, May-Aug.'09: Zantarni Pets, Links to some of Zan Musings' Discussion highlights, Knightly Names and "Named like a Knight" lists, P2K banners, Weapons-making and Black Market overview notes, Experience & Stat Charts/info
    ... Archive #14: page 4361, March 16 -May 12 '09. St. Pat's, Easter, animated wings
    ... Archive #13: page 4078, Jan. '09 - Mar '09. Vday, P4K, etc.
    ... Archive #12: page 3764, Dec.'08 - Jan.'09
    ... Archive #11: page 3628, Oct. & Nov. '08
    ... Archive #10: page 3394
    ... Archive #9: page 3175: July through mid-August 2008. Zan Musings 3k page & Zanniversary celebrations
    ... Archive #8: page 3025 June-July; new Knights, P3K
    ... Archive #7, page 2714: April-May '08
    ... Archive #6, page 2380: April '08
    ... Archive #5, page 2273 ('quiet period, pre-sale') March, '08
    ... Archive #4, February-March '08 is posted on page 2108, towards the bottom of the page.
    ... Archive #3, January-February '08 is posted on page 1592. This is the tsunami of updates to Zan.
    ... Archive #2 is on page 1053
    ... Zan Musings Archive #1 is on page 389

Arrow Main Forum Links:

Arrow Historical Overview:

Zan Musings originally started on August 7, 2007 with the start of the Day of the Dead celebrations [X]... Since then, the thread has been deleted twice (1,700 total pages with the first version and about another 50 pages with version 2; both deleted in early October'07, in short succession). Zan Musings persists because of the wonderful people who frequent it and the free sharing of information on all things Zantarni-related. I am sincerely honored to have a thread which can boast many new friends being made and difficulties overcome. Thank you all, and welcome to Zan Musings!

Arrow Support Zan Musings:

Code:
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/d53dgf][img]http://tinyurl.com/2l39jc/Muse9-10.gif[/img][/url]

Code:
    [url=http://www.zantarni.com/zan-musings-ack-spins-april-fools-t27590.html][img]http://i7.tinypic.com/8fxrggl.gif[/img][/url]

(just for fun XD)

Arrow Blaze's footnotes XD
... Blaze's Zanniversary: 30 Mar 2007
... Blaze's Knighting: December '07 or January '08 - I don't remember Embarassed
... Blaze becomes Admin: Jan.29, 2010
... Blaze's Art shop opening/anniversary: May 20, 2007
... Zan Musings Anniversary: August 7, 2007 (original), Nov 17, 2007 (current version)
... RL DH, Zukyun, joins Zan: Jan.27,'10
... Blaze announces her "take over" of Zantarni: 2 July, 2010

Last edited by Blazestorm on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 705 times in total
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:16 pm
    [Hyperventilates]
    This has to stop.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:18 pm
Holy Cow it happened again? wtf
When another takes my place?

Last edited by Turtle on Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:21 pm
Now they're mad 'cause we got along so well anyway. XP
Edit in: *Gives Rain a paper bag*
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:23 pm
Greetings.. Sorry I've come back to Zantarni at such a bad time. Shocked

Lee

Lee
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:24 pm
Now he's just doing it out of spite. I'm pretty sure that he was only after Scarz's accounts. But if you haven't run a spysweep, please do so ASAP.
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:24 pm
This is becoming pretty sad if you ask me, does this person have nothing better to do on a Fri/Sat then mess with peoples accounts on a website. Get friends and go party instead, its more constructive.

You got your "revenge" or whatever the first time around why bother to continue

When another takes my place?
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:26 pm
Blaze will return when things clear a bit.

PLEASE run anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computers and take screenshots of your inventory if you have any reason to believe you may be targeted. If you can not take screenshots, go to "donate (any) User" and copy the list of your inventory for future reference.

Best of luck. Be safe. I shall return...

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:29 pm
Aww. XP'
No worries, we'll keep Zan musings up and about now while she takes a break. ^^
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:30 pm
Again?! Crying or Very sad I'm so sick of this!
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:31 pm
Apparently they've a dislike for Zan Musings as well, sad sad.

You should click Sir Fwuffle's pet egg

[Quest] [Vote?]
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:34 pm
that's 'cause they're just jealous of our awesomeness.

Well, isn't it lucky I have so many of these things?
*Pulls out the pie and drink contraption again.*
New and improved!
Now with 5 spouts instead of 3! So we can have Hot Cocoa/Coffee/Tea/Cider/Capuccinos! Cold and hot by the way, whatever you want.
And I've added more counter space for the bagel/english muffin/muffin/toast contraption. With an optional biscotti dispenser!

Lee

Lee
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:34 pm
I wish my roommate was here...

... I need a hug.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 pm
Can be a virtual hug? *hugs*

Visit ^_^v
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 pm
Lee wrote:
I wish my roommate was here...

... I need a hug.
[hug][gives a cookie] I know it's not as good as a real hug, but it's all I can really offer D:

You should click Sir Fwuffle's pet egg

[Quest] [Vote?]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 6170, 6171, 6172  Next
Page 1 of 6172