{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6278, 6279, 6280 ... 6284, 6285, 6286  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 pm
Isn't technology just grand? XD

Good morning. Happy December.
What has everyone been up to recently?

I have been spending more time outside, now that the weather is nice, and trying to get a few things done around the house. And trying to get some holiday shopping done. That's not going so well this year - the kids are proving difficult to buy for ...

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:50 pm
I've been up to....mostly just struggling with my mental health as usual. Trying to find ways to remain productive and remind myself that my normal energy and general productivity isn't the same as everyone else's.
Also the weather isn't helping. We're so close to Christmas and haven't had any significant snow yet. And it's just been off-and-on with the wind, which is driving me crazy. (It's 61F out today! Why is it so hot out?!?)
Probably gonna try to get Derpy's Christmas tree up either today or Sunday. I don't really celebrate or decorate outside of that though. XD

Kinda glad I don't have any major holiday shopping to do. Gotta pick up a cute something for Derpy and maybe some treats for the cats though.
And I gotta make a few things for Derpy (a new Christmas skirt!) and one of my friends (a tote bag).

Queen of the Realm
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:21 pm
You can't compare yourself to everyone else Kaderin, but I completely understand what you mean. My energy can fluctuate quite a bit too. I have learned to just try to go with the flow and listen to what my body needs, and hope that I can make it work around RL responsibilities.

Our tree is up and more-or-less decorated. I haven't had much luck with shopping this year, but my kids are adults now and I just don't see the point of buying them more "stuff" that they don't really need.

You seem to have a cute little ritual with Derpy Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:14 pm
It can be hard, but I'm working on it. I try to accomplish at least 1 thing on my day off. Whether it's small like painting my nails or bigger like...housework or working out.
Sometimes even doing that can be a struggle, but when I do more than 1 thing, it makes me feel very accomplished. Even if there's still a ton that needs done.

As an adult can say that, though not everyone feels the same, gift cards are probably my fave gift, so maybe that's something you could get them? Idk. Just a thought.

Lol. Yeah, it makes Christmas feel slightly less....depressing and/or pointless I guess. Media makes it seem like holidays and birthdays are bigger/more important than they really are for single people without kids...but since it was determined that Derpy is my dragon kid, it only feels right to help him celebrate.
Gotta come up with some small gifts for under his tree! Almost forgot lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:06 am
Kaderin, it looks like Saphire will be going home after December Christmas. Maybe it'll get there before January Christmas. That last thing is still in the making/sending.

And in the package is a little baby for Derpy, too.

Blazestorm wrote:
Isn't technology just grand? XD

Good morning. Happy December.
What has everyone been up to recently?

I have been spending more time outside, now that the weather is nice, and trying to get a few things done around the house. And trying to get some holiday shopping done. That's not going so well this year - the kids are proving difficult to buy for ...

So grand. :p

Give 'em hand made beef jerky? (if you eat meat)

Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:56 pm
No rush!
Awww. More little friends for Derpy!

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:55 pm
How things are with me right now. https://tam-i-am.dreamwidth.org/684714.html

Kaderin Triste wrote:
No rush!
Awww. More little friends for Derpy!

Yup, you know that massive ball of mint coloured yarn? Well it made a TINY baby mushi!

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:04 pm
Hello and good morning and happy Tuesday and all that!

How is everyone? What's going on?

What's the weather where you are? It has been very foggy here lately. It always makes for an interesting time of year...

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:33 am
Slippery ice, lots of snow, bitter winds.

And a darn apartment heater that isn't working this year as well as it did last year. (but at least I can still be warm)

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Tam. 'Tis the season for it, though, I suppose... Sad

Can you do anything about the heating at least?

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:49 pm
*rolls through*
Kinda forgot how much secret Santa stuff can be a pain. Lol
At one of my jobs we got to (totally optional to participate) fill out forms for the secret Santa (stuff like favorite color, coffee or tea, fave book, etc). And the person I drew only filled out maybe 1/4 of their form. Tbh, that's not too bad as I pretty .uch have plans for what to get them. It's the $10 spending limit that's throwing a wrench into it.

The weather here has persisted in its unseasonal "heat wave". We got snow...that lasted about 2 days. And the wind keeps gusting hard, which is driving me insane.

Tam: Awww sorry about the heater. That sucks! Hopefully it can be fixed?

Pixelist
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:41 pm
It's already really cold and windy here. No snow yet.

I've been busy at work and haven't had a chance to post with my phone or do art on my tablet at work. So I sadly haven't been on Zan much lately.
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:23 am
Blazestorm wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Tam. 'Tis the season for it, though, I suppose... Sad

Can you do anything about the heating at least?

Kaderin Triste wrote:
It's the $10 spending limit that's throwing a wrench into it.

The weather here has persisted in its unseasonal "heat wave". We got snow...that lasted about 2 days. And the wind keeps gusting hard, which is driving me insane.

Tam: Awww sorry about the heater. That sucks! Hopefully it can be fixed?

Nooooo. Blaze, ice and freezing rain isn't normal for this part of the country. We're supposed to just get drifts of snow.

I suppose I could call and complain about the heater, but my brain is not in the right place to face the potential of strange men stomping through my apartment and bumping into things. Strong wind hurts my brain.

...ten dollars. The young guy who came into the booth last weekend or the one before said his Secret Santa thing let him pay 25, but that's CAN dollars. He bought a scarf.

Gusty blusty wind drives me bonkers. Especially when it blows upward and I want to wear my usual dresses. Yesterday I was trying to stay upright on glare ice, and the short dress I was wearing with leggings was showing the world my butt.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:31 pm
Oh yeah, I feel ya Kaderin. You can't buy much of anything with $10 at this point - even softcover books are usually more than that these days!

I'm actually going to a lunch today with a secret santa / white elephant type exchange. I spent about $20 and did ok with it, I think, but it still feels kind of cheap somehow. I guess we'll see how it compares and how well my gift is received later today...

We have had a lot of fog lately, in the mornings. That's about as close as we get to "snow". I preferred it when it was just cooler and less humid than it is with the fog...

Aaaah... well, uhhh... I'm not sure what to say about you guys getting ice and freezing rain then, Tam! At least you had on leggings... if your butt was going to show, at least it was covered! XD

It doesn't feel like Christmas-time to me... we have a small tree up and there are gifts under it. There are lights thrown on the bushes and palm trees outside. But it doesn't seem like the holiday season to me somehow. Maybe because the Princes are older and harder to buy gifts for? Maybe because I've been busy with other things lately? Maybe ... well, maybe a lot of other things, but it doesn't really matter.

Does it feel like the holiday season to you guys? Do you have the tree or other ornamentals up? Gifts bought? Holiday parties to attend or have attended?

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:10 pm
Thanks to my employee discount at my other job, I think as along as I ignore the shipping cost of one item, I should have a decent Secret Santa gift: A coffee mug with a red cable sweater-type pattern (good for more than just Christmas time use!), a small bag of white cheddar popcorn, and a merlot lip balm. All of which should put me just barely under the $10 limit.
And based on the limited info she filled out, covers all her likes except Snickers and Reese's.

I understand trying to go with lower spending limits so people who don't earn as much don't feel like they can't participate, but $10 just feels too low. It's doable, but very tricky these days with how expensive everything can be. I expect a lot of $10 gift cards to be given...

And yeah, it really doesn't feel like the holidays to me either. I mean, they seldom do for me anyway, but this year even less than normal. But Derpy and I did get his tree up at least so decorating has been done.

And we've got a Christmas breakfast at the library today with the secret santa exchange next week, but other than the anxiety-inducing and unavoidable "Christmas kidnapping" by my dad for actual Christmas (where he sends my brother to pick me up without asking if I want to even go to "home" *coughnotmyhomeanymorecough* for the holidays on Christmas eve and then forces me to play pinochle while mocking me for being bad at the game since I hate it so I never play it the rest of the year and then making my brother take me home the next night after a Christmas dinner where if I'm lucky there will be a gardan salad I can eat in addition to potatoes), that's probably the most celebrating I'll be doing. I'm not much of a party person, holiday or otherwise. XP
Page 6279 of 6286