{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6275, 6276, 6277, 6278, 6279  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:05 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
I put a sign on my door yesterday asking for the parcel to be returned, and today someone stole the sign.

That is both hilarious and truly sad!
I'm really sorry that your purchase got stolen, Tam.

*waves at Kaderin and Andra*
How are you two doing?
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 am
Yeah. *shakes head* It's really kicking me in the CPTSD, though.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:49 am
So am I fair to assume this is where the cool kids hang out?
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:09 pm
LOL... well, it's one of the places XD Yes

Welcome to my thread, Myosotis. How are you doing today? What's going on?

Tam, I bet it is, and I'm so sorry to hear that! Heart {hugs}
How are you doing today?

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm
cleaning up my room, just finished the bathroom. So basicaly weekly chores. Feeling slightly light headed and I dont even know why.
Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:05 pm
*waves back*
Heya Blaze.

Things are. Good but crazy all at once for me. XD
Last week the library was closed for a few days (still open for the few staff, myself included, who weren't sick so people could still pick up holds and because we have a lot of work to do) so that was kind of nice actually as I got most of the books shelved and got a good amount of rfid tagging done (putting new tags in all the books for a new system we're getting soon for tracking books).
Also...how the heck is Halloween already coming up on Sunday!?
I'm actually really happy because I get tomorrow off so I'm gonna pick up some vinyl materials when I get off work and attempt to finish modifying some boots that I may or may not wear to work on Saturday. Also need to find out if we can dress up for Halloween on Sat at the library since I know we're participating in the downtown "safe trick or treat" stuff.

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:48 pm
Maybe it's one of the cleaners you're using that's making you lightheaded, Myosotis? I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that, regardless of the cause and I hope you feel better soon Yes

Oh wow - RFID tracking for library books? That's both cool and a little scary! XD It does sound like you have a lot going on, Kaderin! It sounds like good stuff though, so I'm happy for you. It would be cool if you could dress up for Halloween! I hope you can.

I was at my local library yesterday, looking at the used books they had for sale. When I went to buy them, the librarian opened a box of little baggies with a candy and a piece of paper in it and told me to choose one. The paper was a Halloween discount for the used books! It was a nice, unexpected surprise.

Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:21 pm
Lol. I suspect the new rfid tagging is just an updated and easier to add to books way of helping prevent book theft. Because we already have a system where if anyone walks out with a book that we haven't "bumped" (deactivated whatever the current tag in them is), it will set off an alarm. But the system is slightly flawed and will beep sometimes if people are too close walking through the doors or sometimes can be set off by phones or other devices.
Tbh, I actually really enjoy doing the tagging, but my boss is always apologizing if I get stuck doing a lot of it or, like last night, I finished the books we had in back for tagging because it was mostly pretty quiet for the last couple hours and she was all "oh, you didn't have to do all of them!" But I didn't mind. It's a simple process so I can get stuff done pretty quick.

I'm 90% sure we can dress up, but will double check with the boss on Friday. Am gonna wear the same thing as last year probably, though my claw rings are pretty impractical and will probably not be able to be wear them for most of the day.
And I may need to pick up some eyelash glue to help hold my ears on...and dig out my ears... lol.

Awww that's awesome! Discounted books! I forgot how cool libraries can be until I started working at one. We've been giving out little diy soap bar kits for kids that have plastic eyes and spiders in them for the last week or so. Idk if that will be for Saturday too or if we'll have other stuff.

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:26 pm
The new tech is probably meant to be easier and more exacting, and it's cool... but it's still a little scary, imo (but I'm a little weird Wink )

So if you're dressing up, what is the costume? You've mentioned boots and now rings, eyelashes and ears, but... what's the end result??

I don't know if I'm going to dress up for Halloween... probably not...

Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 am
I jinxed it. Got stuck working tomorrow so gotta try cramming in as much tonight/tomorrow night as I can. Ugh. Gotta walk home first though.

So the costume is gonna be the same as last year probably, which was a generic fantasy elf outfit. This actually:

Lol. And no eyelashes, just eyelash glue to help hold the ears down. I debated doing makeup and stuff, but I literally never wear makeup so my skills are a bit lacking and idk if I can pull off any of it.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:10 am
Blazestorm wrote:
Tam, I bet it is, and I'm so sorry to hear that! Heart {hugs}
How are you doing today?

Tired and achy. I was trying to cut paper dolls out a couple times this week, and have found out that it makes my eyes and hands hurt. o_O

Kaderin, that's not a generic elf. That's a generic dark modern fantasy elf. lol

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:56 pm
might be or still a side effect of the anti depressants I went off of. ( No worries, all with guidance of a docter )
If my English is a bit off, I apolegize, it's not my mother language. Heart
Andra

Pixelist
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:35 pm
Even on such a slow forum I've lost track of this thread.

It's all the prep for the things coming to Zan soon, so I hope everyone likes it all. Poor Blaze has to guide me through so many things though, since I don't know how everything works yet. I'm probably slowing down the process. XD

Queen of the Realm
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm
Cute, Kaderin! Thanks for sharing! Heart Did you get an answer on whether or not you can dress up for Halloween?

Awww, Tam. Sad I'm sorry.

Myosotis, I never would have guessed that English is not your native language. Can I ask where you're from or what you first language is?

LOL - you're not slowing down the process at all, Andra. Without you, we wouldn't be about to have an event... that is assuming that I can overcome my burnt out brain and get all the stuff done that needs doing in order to put all your lovely pixeled items to good event usage! XD

*disappears to wrestle with things*

UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 am
YOUCANDOIT, Blaze!

...Please forgive the yelling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6275, 6276, 6277, 6278, 6279  Next
Page 6276 of 6279