{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6274, 6275, 6276 ... 6283, 6284, 6285  Next
Andra

Pixelist
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:06 pm
I'm doing well lately.
I've really enjoyed the slightly cooler temperatures and the fact that work is slowing down a little. October has been lovely so far.

I do work retail though, so winter will be the worst. XD
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:54 am
October brings the ability to comfortably wear clothing, cook food, and carry around dolls.

It also brings on full two day work weekends, because my employer is working the craft fairs, and trusts me enough to hold down the fort at the market. I'm still a little boggled at being counted so trustworthy, and part of me wonders if it's just that she has no choice.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:59 am
I'm glad you two are doing well and enjoying October so far!

Andra, why is winter the worst for at your job? Holiday shopping, returns, etc., or is there another reason?

Tam, why does that surprise you?

I too have been enjoying the slightly cooler weather, the opportunity to wear "real" clothes or at least not completely die from the heat. I actually wore jeans for a couple of hours yesterday while running errands (by the time I got home, I was ready to rip them off in favor of shorts, but it was fun while it lasted XD ) Maybe I'll actually be able to do some work in the garden soon without fear of heat exhaustion or similar! Yes

Andra

Pixelist
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:25 pm
Tam, Iím sure they wouldnít be doing a craft fair if they didnít know they could trust you. Have you been working there long?

Blaze, winter is for sure the worst season. Mostly just the end of November, December, and the beginning of January. So itís really only like 2 months total that are bad.
Over all the last 6 months or so have been much busier than usual. Best I can guess, everyone is happy stores are open again. XD
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:08 am
Andra, most Saturdays this summer, she knew me before that as a customer who impulsively tried to sell clothes for her.

Queen Blaze, it surprises me because it's hard to outgrow being called useless.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 pm
Right. Yeah, I bet retail is really busy right now! Do you get the feeling people are trying to make up for lost time, or get a jump on holiday shopping, or are they just ready to get out of the house after looking at the same walls for the last year and a half?

Although Florida has been open for quite a while, I'm still happy to see what looks like normal shopper activity in the stores, but am a bit ... concerned (?) ... at the number of cars on the road - there are a lot, always! It shouldn't really be a surprise, I guess, given how many people from NY, NJ, etc., have moved here in the last year or so, but it's making me a little apprehensive about "Snowbird season" (which hasn't yet hit!) where traffic always doubles in this area...

Oh Tam! That sounds like some long-term, deep-seated abuse... and I'm so terribly sorry! I'm glad your employer recognizes you as valuable and hope that you can let that message sink in to your wounded spots and help heal them Heart Heart

Andra

Pixelist
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Tam, it sounds like you were a good employee before you even worked there. XD
I'm glad your employer appreciates you.

Blaze, I think they're making up for lost time they were trapped inside. And tired of being home. We've been fully open since... June I think? But it never slowed down from the surge of people going out again. It was super busy and first and really is still pretty busy. It's nice because it really helped make up for the sales loss when we had to be closed. But as an employee, I'm a little tired. XD
Personally I hope things slow down after Christmas. Usually after the returns and spending Christmas money season ends, things get slow because people don't go out much in winter otherwise. And I think a break would be nice. XD
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 am
I'll sell things while standing and visiting at a stall at the market, things from that stall. The market guys think it's funny.

*hug* I'm healing, Queen Blaze. I'm also currently wearing a scarf shaped like a mermaid.

I kind of wish people would come to the farmers' market and want to buy some of the things from my employer's shop! Because I often wind up spending a lot of the day chatting to someone in the next stall. Or getting dirty looks after people look at the price tags on our clothes.

Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 pm
*gently pokes Tam* You should take a pic of their clothes for me so I can see what they're selling! Am always interested in seeing what people make and sell.
Also would like a picture of your mermaid scarf when you're up to it. It sounds pretty cute!

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 pm
http://www.dazzlingdesignsbyarchana.com/ Here's my employer's shop. Her clothes are comfy! She still has a lot of the styles on the site, but of course different patterns, because she shops from small vendors and womens' collectives.

And I'm planning to see if I can get a picture of the mermaid scarf tomorrow. I'm wanting to wear it to work. It's too dark here in the apartment for good pictures.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:35 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
... I'm also currently wearing a scarf shaped like a mermaid.

This.is.awesome! Heart

How's everyone doing?

UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:44 pm
I just came home to find a vintage doll I bought from ebay had been left in front of my door and stolen. Ebay won't help me unless I have a paypal account.

Andra

Pixelist
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:09 pm
Oh no Tam, that's terrible. Is there anything to be done about it at all?
(That shop looks fabulous!)
Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Hmmmm...I didn't see any buying options so I think that may have been more of a gallery (unless it's a commission type shop where you'd have to contact her and then she negotiates the price?) but still very pretty items. I'm curious what her prices are like?

And oh no! People can be absolutely awful and it's unfortunate, but most companies don't/won't do anything about stolen packages. So sorry for the loss of your latest vintage baby! :c

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:31 am
Apparently all I can do is buy another doll from a seller who uses the post office instead of those failboat carrier companies.

I put a sign on my door yesterday asking for the parcel to be returned, and today someone stole the sign.

Yes, this is a gallery site. Archana likes to sell face to face, but she'll also sell to people who call and email her. Or, if you know her faithful minion Tam, you say what you're looking for, and I can look for something in that range, and then report to you the price and get it for you if you like it.

Many people give me stink eyes after looking at our prices, but I think that for a one of a kind dress that 110 dollars CAN (Canadian, not US) is a good price. That's a full length dress. The other things range in price below that.

Thanks, Kaderin. I'm trying again, this time from a Canadian seller who uses the post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6274, 6275, 6276 ... 6283, 6284, 6285  Next
Page 6275 of 6285