{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6254, 6255, 6256
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:12 am
Oh I hope your start to feel better soon!

Well I have never planted an herb, I just bought the seeds recently. We tried a Blue Apron that used rosemary while cooking steaks and it was surprisingly good! We don't eat it a lot but we thought we'd rather have a few springs to pull from at home after then letting grocery store produce rot in my fridge

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 pm
I keep trying to plant herbs. They keep dying. Either they get roasted from the sun and heat or they end up waterlogged, or in the rare instance, they don't get enough attention and end up doing weird things...

I hope you're feeling better Rayven!

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 pm
Thank you both, I'm finally doing better today. Very Happy

I guess I should try being brave like the two of you and just grow some. XD I just like watching plants grow.

Do either of you have any plans for the weekend?
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:28 am
So I did accept a job offer and am now having the check and tests done. They said to be on the lookout for the drug test email since it has a time window - 96 hours.

It came today at 5, I go to get it set up. The map locations give no info so I click the first location and now I am locked into a place.... okay fine whatever. It IS the closest one.... Oh they closed at 5pm and don't open until Monday... cool. Guess my 96 hours turned into the last 24 only (thank goodness Monday is not a holiday).

Next I need to bring a printed piece of paper with me to the place? I don't own a printer. Like where is open in covid for printing. Why can't the just scan the bar code off my phone?

I was rescued by my local library's pick up printing. Course they are closed already today and on Sunday so I took a Saturday appointment slot. Like come on people, it's not this hard to pee in a cup but I feel like I'm building the Sistine chapel Laughing

So I guess my plans are to pick up a piece of paper...

CLICK DA PETS
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:25 pm
Congrats on the job offer! Very Happy

Awww. XD It's often the simplest tasks that trip us up. Murphy's Law I guess. *shakes head*

So, what will your job be?

Queen of the Realm
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:45 pm
You should definitely try, Rayven. Hopefully you'll have more luck and your plants won't die like mine seem to...

That's quite a story, Yoari - pretty funny too! XD We have at least two printers that are plugged in and working right now and probably a few more (that still work) shoved in boxes and stuck in corners somewhere, but I know that's no longer the norm. Congrats on the new job, though! What kind of thing will you be doing?

Rayven wrote:
Do either of you have any plans for the weekend?

I kind of have plans for the weekend. Zukyun and I were going to go kayaking this morning but we're going to postpone that for another time. Instead, we're going to go poke around one or two of the local parks near or on the water and we'll go out for dinner later tonight. I'd like to go out exploring a little further from home and do something different, but we're both so tired of dealing with masks and different rules or trying to figure out what's open, what isn't, or what the specifics are for going anywhere, that it's just more sane to stay closer to home at this point. So we'll try to make the most of it and go have a 'date day' doing... something. Yes

Do you have plans for this weekend?
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:37 pm
Worse I actually have a printer but somehow it is "out of ink" all the time. Throw in new ink, and 1 print later (or just wait a week) and it is "out of ink" again. It is the bane of my existence!
So we just stopped using it and I never figured out how to recycle it...

It's a PM job for healthcare devices. I got two offers in quick succession but one was a contract and the other full time so I picked the full time one. The contract work sounded so cool but seems I am a sucker for safety.

CLICK DA PETS
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:27 pm
Queen Blaze-I know what you mean. The masks are getting so old. Sad I hope you and Zukyun did something fun. Date nights can be great. I kind of miss those. :/

Sorry, for the late reply. I spent most of my weekend helping at my neighbor's house since he got put in the hospital. Sad He has a cat and dog that need looking after and his house was extra messy so I cleaned up a bit and watered the plants and seedlings which, by the way, are mostly growing like crazy! XD I don't know what will happen with them now though because he may not be able to come home and I don't really want to plant them up there if no one is there to enjoy them and I'll have to come by daily which is a lot of work if no one but me cares about them. *sighs* I also sang in the Easter program at church. I nearly fainted from nerves but I made it. My brother said I looked super uncomfortable the whole time. I said, "I was!" XD I shook the whole time, even my face. Embarassed

Yoari-You definitely need a new printer. It almost sounds like it's stopped up.

I don't blame you. It's no fun looking for a new job so full time is better.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 pm
Yoari wrote:
...a printer but somehow it is "out of ink" all the time...

That sounds like an internal sensor for the cartridge is off, broken, or misaligned. It should be a quick fix...

Congrats on the job! Healthcare is an industry that's not likely to disappear any time soon XD There's nothing wrong with choosing a more secure option for employment - especially in this day and age! Contract work can definitely be fun and interesting, but it can be more complicated and more strange too. It really depends on the project, the job, the situation. I'm sure you chose well and I hope you enjoy it Yes

Yes, yes they are, Rayven! Zukyun and I ended up taking a walk around one of the local parks, saw a dolphin swimming around, then went to one of the local little holes-in-the-wall restaurants near a marina, had a couple adult beverages while enjoying the beautiful day before getting called to our table for a late lunch/early dinner. Then we came home just before it started raining and watched stupid things on TV. Yes

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, but I know he'll appreciate your efforts when he can come back home. It's really sweet of you to do that for him Yes

... not one for being in the spotlight (even in a crowd), huh? XD Congrats on getting out there and doing something uncomfortable! It's important to test ourselves once in a while.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Blaze so the printer has an unfixable glitch where it only use photo black ink instead of normal black. Looking for fixes online for this model people just shoulder shrug basically and anyone with a "fix" didn't work.

Photo black is a LOT smaller than normal black so I wouldn't be surprised if it did run out quickly. Then we get the whole "you're out of cyan so you can't print B/W" stuff. I am just over it Mad

Congrats on singing Rayven! Wow your neighbor got real lucky living near you! Maybe hint for a massage envy giftcard at the end of this Laughing
Dogs take a ton of effort just letting them in and out of you don't live there

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm
Yeah, those kinds of things are a pain to deal with Yoari. Sad

So what's going on, guys?
How is your April turning out?

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm
April is excitingly bittersweet. I already miss the extra time I had from not working and I haven't even started yet XD

I had luck scheduling most apts I had been putting off before my start date

And Pokémon Snap comes out soon, woooooooooooooot! Woop

We finally figured out how to decorate part of the living room that has been blank for like 2 years now... I just ordered it so hopefully it actually looks good Laughing

CLICK DA PETS
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:04 pm
Queen Blaze-It sounds like you had a lovely day/evening! Good for you two. Very Happy

Yes, he is very appreciative. He keeps trying to throw money at me but I won't take it. No *is very firm on that* I bumped into his daughter-in-law this morning and the news is bad. Crying or Very sad His lung is septic and needs to be removed, then he'll be on a ventilator probably long term. He was refusing the operation but I finally called him today since I can't visit him due to him being so susceptible to infections, diseases, etc., and he said that he was going to get the surgery. Unfortunately, his daughter-in-law and I both think he probably won't survive the surgery. He just had another blood transfusion last night, he's just too ill.

Especially not if it's singing. XD Yeah, at least I know I can get through it (barely) but I don't really want to do it again.

My April is pretty not good so far. I hope yours is better. <3

Yoari-Thanks! Very Happy I'm just glad it's over. XD

I'd just settle for a miracle at this point. It doesn't look like he'll make it home. Sad

Yeah, it is, but I love her. And they need the help.

I'm sorry your printer is a lost cause. XD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6254, 6255, 6256
Page 6256 of 6256