{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6253, 6254, 6255, 6256, 6257  Next
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:37 pm
Rayven wrote:

Yoari-I bet the guy who blocked the canal just wants to crawl in a hole and never come out. XD

I found out that my neighbor's cancer wasn't helped by the radiation and is actually worse. Crying or Very sad His spirits are awful too. They're putting him back on chemo starting Thursday and I'm going to take him for that. Poor guy still wants to try and garden with me this summer. He wants to stop by and buy some stuff after chemo. I just hope he feels like it.

Unless any publicity is good publicity XD
I guess that doesn't work when you block global trade for a bit

Oh no that poor guy Sad
I wish you both well, it's very kind of you to take him Heart

It's work to build but a raised planter might be easier for him if he does really want to help but can't. Chemo is rough Crying or Very sad

CLICK DA PETS
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 am
*sneaks in and whispers loudly* HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAZE!!!! *sneaks back out again after basically obliterating the room with confetti that comes up to everyone's waist*
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9650/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:13 pm
Thank you, Bo Heart
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:52 pm
Yes happy birthday Blaze!

Like 80% of me thinks it's an April fools birthday but just in case Wink

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Ok! So, you guys with the innocuous "what's up, Blaze?" type questions... this is a sample of my last couple of weeks or so, in no particular order:

son#1:
  • started a job as technology fix it guy
  • got in to a car accident last week, totaling the car. He's a little sore, but he's fine. It wasn't his fault (he had right of way; Amazon delivery van did a u-turn in front of him, threading the needle a little bit, while a minivan was making a right turn from a side street in to the path of the amazon van; the vans stopped in front of son#1 who had nowhere to go and no space to stop) Dead I'm SO glad it wasn't any worse!
  • insurance and all that goes with that... Rolling Eyes
  • rental cars and the stupidity that goes with that
  • traipsing through backwards weird areas of Tampa to find the tow yard so he can get his stuff out of the car. Dealing with another stupid Amazon driver on a one-lane road during that trip... Rolling Eyes
  • dealing with INSANE drivers on some of the major roads (believe me, it's a harrowing experience driving on I-4 and some of those roadways... and I am not a faint-of-heart driver!)
  • chiropractor evaluations and appointments
  • ETC.
  • Looking at car options for him all over the damn place (found one last night, fortunately)

son#2:
  • has been aggressively asserting his newly-found adulthood, much to Zukyun's and my chagrin sometimes... it has been challenging Yes
  • (about a month ago, within the same week) - skidded and drove in to a ditch (rural road), got run off the road around a 2-lane turn lane (not so rural a road), and was pulled over for running a red light (no ticket; major road). He's fine. We think he has learned his lesson.
  • had his truck break (transmission failed), which meant general chaos and helping run him to and from his FT job, when GF couldn't help
  • has been running all over Florida with GF trying to find a replacement "beater" truck while trying to figure out what to do with the busted one Rolling Eyes
  • bought new beater truck and added complications to our lives with the registration and everything DMV related because technically the last truck was in Zukyun's name (again, he insisted on doing this largely on his own and letting us deal with the fall-out)
  • fell off a horse and broke open his skull, requiring 5 stitches (he's fine; it was superficial, but still...)
  • still has unresolved high school / college type stuff to do and I hope that he is actually passing the classes he has this semester, because I have no idea ATM

dog:
  • ate 99% of a chew toy last night and has been throwing up -all over the carpet- all morning. Rolling Eyes

misc:
  • pollen. It sucks. It's everywhere.
  • received a recall notice on my vehicle that I need to get checked and haven't had time to follow up with.
  • Drivers and traffic everywhere, all the time: snowbirds, spring breakers, newly-relocated people... (I'm stopping there)
  • I don't want to think about anything else; I'm sure I'm missing things

^^Now aren't you glad you asked?? XD

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:56 pm
Yoari wrote:
Yes happy birthday Blaze!

Like 80% of me thinks it's an April fools birthday but just in case Wink

Thank you Yoari.
I admit, it's not 100% my birthday, but it's close, so I appreciate the wishes all the same Heart It's a good day to celebrate a Spring birthday! Yes I haven't had time to think about birthdays with everything going on though...
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:32 pm
Wow Blaze the car gods have a vendetta against your family! I guess you haven’t sacrificed a new bicycle to them in a while…

I am glad Son 1 is okay, that does sound harrowing! Learning about the insurance world sucks but should help him out in the future. It may be worth getting these guys dash cameras for their respective birthdays.
Congrats on his new job though, tech can lead to other places pretty easily and for finding a replacement car. Very Happy
Best wishes his medical inspections come out clean!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Son 2 a legal adult? Sounds like it’s time to charge rent then Laughing
Kidding, I don’t have kids so don’t take my advice No
Wait he has a fulltime job? Okay so he is a legal adult or a master at time usage at 16. WAIT a FT job and in school…. Wow I am impressed by that. If I worked more then like 12 hours I started failing classes in college

It took 3 major events to “learn a lesson”? I guess we’re all a bit more risky in our youth. Does he need a truck? We’ve found people in trucks think they are untouchable and drive as such even though they are pretty unsafe vehicles by safety standards but if he works construction or something he might need one. And used your name for registration!?! He can’t do that and run through lights, you will be sent the bill instead…

“Figure out what to do with the old one” Fix it, sell it, or scrap it XD (but in my youth I wouldn’t have listened to my parents about that and they would of looked at that eye-sore for months… or until my dad would have had it towed away)

AND a horse accident. When did you have time for monthly DIs!?! You are a wonder Blaze. I am glad it was only superficial but that’s so scary

Dogs…. It’s like they can feel when things are stressful and they want to be a part of it (the infuriating but lovable pups)

I am glad ya told us, this is a LOT of handle. I don't know how to help but we'll be here for morale support or when you just need to rave and get it all out

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:00 pm
There has been a lot of car stuff lately, hasn't there? XD

A dash cam isn't a bad idea, actually... at least for son#1. I don't want to see footage from son#2 No

LOL - son#1 is almost 20 now; son#2 turned 18 a couple months ago and is wonderful and sweet and stubborn and independent and gawd, he's lucky he's 6'3" and twice my size, "or else!" ... XD

We homeschool, Yoari -always have- so yes, son#2 has a FT job, a PT job (with horses), and is taking 2 college classes right now (dual-enrollment program). If he didn't insist on overworking himself and 'trying to start his life', he would be graduating this year from high school and college (with an A.A.). Son#1 graduated from college/high school in Spring of 2020, magna cum laude, with dual associates degrees (A.S. in networking administration, and A.A.) and got "stomped all over" by this covid fiasco Rolling Eyes It has been tough on him.

Son#2 has decided to get the transmission on truck#1 fixed. What he's going to do with it, I'm not entirely sure (especially since technically, it's Zukyun's). Yeah, we're not talking about his driving. I think he's tamed his impulses after that week. He was 17 when 'he' bought the first truck - that's why it was in Zukyun's name. He wants to start his own business as a handyman / farm helper type thing, working with animals. He has been working at a local horse stable for the last 2 years.

I'm not sure what's up with dog. It could be that he's used to us being home most of the time now and we were gone for several hours yesterday looking at cars for son#1. Dog is definitely not feeling well. On the upside, I think he's vomited out most of the toy bits now...

Thanks for the support Heart
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:41 pm
You may be able to start a youtube channel from Sons 2 camera footage XD

Oooh homeschooling makes more sense with having time for other activities

Is an AA an Associates of Arts?
Kids want to grow up so fast, if I could go back to having stuff paid for by someone else, laundry done, house cleaned, food on the table each night… it is tempting. I guess I do like the freedom more in my current life. Working 2 jobs and being in school I’d want the family support though

Yeah graduating right now in Covid has to be rough and with the job market. I remember all jobs saying “entry level: need 3-5 years of experience” and honestly that hasn’t changed. But now SO MANY MORE people are looking for work how have that experience range. I am glad he found that job.

It sounds like Son 2 has a life plan, that’s nice for someone so young!

Well that is a positive at least. Our dogs was on anxiety meds already so we’re not excited about going back to work. He already freaks out when we leave so we’ll have to re go through the separation anxiety trainings from when we first adopted him like 8 years ago. IDK what goes through their little heads… but I am glad he seems through the worst of it... for your sake and for your floors

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:36 pm
Yoari wrote:
You may be able to start a youtube channel from Sons 2 camera footage XD

OH! Good point! Maybe he gets (hidden) dash cam with automatic, remote upload! XD

Yes, A.A. = Associate of Arts. It's a general-topic, 2-year degree.

There are times I want to go back to living at home and having my food taken care of, etc., etc.! Son#2 might be more-or-less out in the world trying to make his mark (technically, he's still living at home but I don't think I've seen him in more than a week), but I'm glad Son#1 is taking a more methodical approach and taking his time - especially with everything going on in the world right now Yes There's no rush -he's just starting out- and there's no reason for him to assume rent, etc., just yet. Covid is definitely screwing up the jobs and opportunities, and doing some serious psychological damage to these young adults (especially to them, imo, but to a lot of people). It needs to "disappear" and soon Yes

Dog seems to be keeping the tiny bit of rice/broth down now. I think he's starting to feel better.
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 pm
Agreed! How is Florida doing with the vaccine roll out?

We just got word it is open season 4/15 here but I have ne idea how our infrastructure can handle that. Some of the big companies in the area, like Microsoft, are trying to help people get vaccinated faster but we'll see if it helps.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my phone screen interview (in like 1 hour) is now a 5 person skype interview… brb just gonna go freak out for a bit, I did not prepare for that
Ghost

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 pm
Oh good luck with the interview! What is it for? I would be a little frazzled facing a five-person skype interview too - especially when I wasn't expecting it!
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:00 am
It was for a contract position at a space company near me for a technical project manager role. They may want someone more experienced but I feel it went alright. I wouldn't be surprised to be turned down or get an offer XD

Covid and working remote has made people more informal so I may just be reading into it going well

But hey - I did the thing!

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:19 pm
You did a thing! I hope it goes well for you. Yes
So... technical project manager for a space company? That sounds interesting!! Is that what you've been doing with yourself recently??
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
You did a thing! I hope it goes well for you. Yes
So... technical project manager for a space company? That sounds interesting!! Is that what you've been doing with yourself recently??

"Recently" I was a PM at an aerospace company but those got hit hard in covid and being union it's last in first out.

More recently just enjoying media like games and books while doing things to keep my certifications valid, right now I have a PMP.

My states unemployment has been pretty great, I never knew until recently each state is on their own about how they do it! And being union I got some extra perks like people to help write a resume (though idk if that was worth it) and when they gave out bonus checks for hours worked in 2020 I got sent one too which was surprising.

I guess there have been some home and lawn projects I have been able to do with the extra time too

OUR TREADMILL ARRIVED TOO!!!!

CLICK DA PETS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6253, 6254, 6255, 6256, 6257  Next
Page 6254 of 6257