{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6244, 6245, 6246 ... 6249, 6250, 6251  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 am
Blazestorm wrote:
Yes, I think the world has gone mad. The real question is "to what end?". *sigh*

I know, I know. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I see an end to it unless something major happens to snap us back to reality and to bridge the divide. I believe it's just a sign of the times and a product of letting things go too far for too long. We may be at a point of no return. Sad Apparently, I think I'm Nostradamus this morning. XD

Awww. I'm sorry you never made it to your studio. Maybe today? Technology...that sounds mysterious. Ninja

I know! As awful as this year has been, at least it's went by quickly. XD Here's to hoping that 2021 is a much better year! Very Happy

Sir Scarz, that is so sad about the fires and the loss of animal life. Crying or Very sad It just breaks my heart.

Oh wow. That is a long time. Shocked

I am so jealous! I would go if I were invited to one. I know it's not a good time for one, but they're just so much fun. *pouts* However, the last thing you need to do is put your health in danger, especially right now. Maybe Queen Blaze's suggestion will work.

Queen of the Realm
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:51 pm
Rayven wrote:
Blazestorm wrote:
Yes, I think the world has gone mad. The real question is "to what end?". *sigh*

I know, I know. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I see an end to it unless something major happens to snap us back to reality and to bridge the divide.

Actually, I think this insanity could stop pretty quickly... or at least make some headway along those lines:
    (1) We need to actually talk with each other; stop reacting like every comment we don't agree with is a personal attack of some kind. In other words, we need to act like adults, not five-year-olds on the playground. This applies to social topics, personal interactions, but also concerning "science" and "facts", which by their very nature, are never absolute (yet these days, apparently they are Rolling Eyes )

(2) Make the media actually responsible for its actions. Get the news to actually investigate things again instead of simply reading pre-printed "news" without thinking about what they're reading, and get them to stop over-sensationalizing everything. They are stirring the pot and it has reached dangerous proportions. I truly believe that they are a big part of the problem and partly why things have gotten to the point they are right now.

(3) Set strict term limits for our politicians - the positions were never intended to be long-term things, but right now, we have generations of the same family lines stepping in to the same and similar positions across government.

(4) Break up some of these large corporations; there are some that have waaaay too much power and influence ... on a number of levels. Also, restrict employment/movement between government positions and top-level positions at large corporations and industries. It is a common practice for people to go from Gov't - CDC - large Pharma - etc - and back again. We need to get rid of the lobbyists, period. Lobbyists should be grass-roots people assembling outside government buildings with hand-made signs; that's it. Yes

(5) Get rid of this two-party-only dichotomy BS. We have more than two political parties here, and they should be allowed to debate, etc., instead of being thoroughly stifled by the D and R Membership Clubs.

(6) Bills... should be one-topic only; no more of this tacking a gazillion stupid and thoroughly unrelated to the topic things on to the end of a given bill. If it's a bill about clean water that is being sent for consideration, then it shouldn't include crap about going to Mars or about anything else.

That should make some headway at least^^
*waits for the can of worms that small tirade opens*
(Remember, the above is my personal opinion; it is not an official Zantarni stance. Also note that free speech is fully supported here, but hate is not)

Rayven wrote:
Technology...that sounds mysterious. Ninja

LOL - not really... well, ok... maybe Ninja

I doubt I'll get to the studio today either. It's still early morning but it feels like I just want to finalize as many details as I can and that still need attention, so all I have to do is post an announcement and "click a couple buttons" (it's a lot more complicated than that, but I can dream) to get the event going for you guys.

And in case that wasn't enough of a distraction from getting to my studio, our food supplies are running a little low again -which is a dangerous thing when surrounded by guys, two of whom are teenagers- so I'm going to need to take care of that, and probably do the laundry I didn't do yesterday...

... aaaaaah... I'm such a "Queen" Rolling Eyes XD LOL!

*goes off to find more coffee*
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm
Queen Blaze, I agree with most of what you said. #6 really hit home for me because one of the amendments to the Missouri Constitution that I'm supposed to vote on does exactly that. It's a no vote for me but they did stick a couple of good things in there but the good doesn't outweigh the bad. Also, they don't know this, but I'm sick of new laws and amending old ones. We were never meant to be so restricted. So anything new, unless really, really awesome, gets a no from now on. XD

I don't even take "journalists" serious anymore. They can't be trusted to report the facts and the "news" is full of propaganda. It's really sad because it makes it so hard to know what's actually going on. Sad Local news isn't so bad but national news is the pits.

Well, you are a queen. You're just a very busy one. XD Heart

I'll be gone all day tomorrow. I'm going to go volunteer In Jefferson City at the Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief headquarters? with a gentleman from my church. He helps them all the time. This will be my first time going. I'm not sure what I'll be doing but probably sorting through food or something. It will be a mini adventure for me. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 am
... didn't mean to let the conversation drop over here (I agree with you though!), but I got busy doing something else - probably setting up the details for the Halloween event XD

How did your volunteering go, Rayven?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:59 am
XD That's ok. You're a busy woman. Very Happy

It went great! Very Happy It was hard work but I had a great time. It was just me and like 7? men which is awesome for me because I get along better with men (most women are too catty and don't like me much) and work goes smoother. They were all super nice including the director who runs the whole thing. He worked with us most of the time and he was pretty funny. We got a lot accomplished. Very Happy

Something pretty funny happened too. The director wanted me to close the door on the big truck we unloaded so he raised me up on the lift and told me to grab the door strap while he lowered the lift back down. In theory, the door was supposed to come down but that's not what happened. The door didn't budge so I almost got lifted off of my feet. XD Everyone started laughing. We did it again and this time I tugged on the door a little first to make it came down a little. It went smoothly after that.

Have you been able to get a little more you time since the event was launched?

Queen of the Realm
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:05 pm
It sounds like you enjoyed your experience! I'm glad.

I have been able to breathe a little bit since launching the event. Whether or not that qualifies as "me time", I'm not sure... especially when I found myself reorganizing the garage (which needed it -and still needs it- but also isn't necessarily an immediate priority)...

And now I need to start thinking about December and January here...
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 am
I did, thank you. Very Happy

Reorganizing the garage isn't quite what I had in mind for you. XD But speaking of which, I need to do that too. My dad and brother are super messy and they never put anything back. Mom and I have straightened up the garage I don't know how many times. *throws hands up in the air in frustration* I was going to try to make them live with their mess but it's not bothering them, it's bothering me. XD

Oh, yeah, there's no rest for the wicked and you must be pretty wicked. Wink XD Heart

Edit:

I forgot to tell you that we got one trick or treater last night. XD The neighbor brought a 14ish-year-old boy by that was dressed like Zorro. XD

Also, can I just say that I'm very sad that Sean Connery passed away? Crying or Very sad

Queen of the Realm
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:09 pm
The same thing happens here too- the guys just don't see the mess they make but it bothers me to no end. I hate the idea of always being the one picking it up, but if I'm going to get any break from the chaos, it's usually on my shoulders...

I did hear about Sean Connery. It's unfortunate, but expected. He was 90, wasn't he? I don't know what the cause of death was, though. Do you happen to know?

We had Trick or Treaters! In fact, we had more this year than last year and I was thrilled to see them! My son dressed like a weird cowboy and rode one of the horses he works with down our street - the whole neighborhood is apparently talking about it, although he only came part way down the street with her. I guess it helps that she's a big black part-draft horse! XD
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:11 pm
I know, it's not fair. Grr

They said he had dementia for some time, which I didn't know about. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think they mentioned him being ill lately but I don't know what with. Maybe the dementia just got worse recently.

That's awesome! Lots of trick or treaters and your son is a local celebrity. XD I would have liked to see someone ride a horse down the street when I was a kid. Actually, I'd like to see that now. XD I bet she's a pretty horse. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:10 pm
She is a lovely horse and she was definitely the hit of the night for those who saw her. She likes giving kisses, which can be a little intimidating when you aren't expecting this big horse head coming straight at your face! XD

So what are your plans for the next couple of days? Do you have anything fun scheduled?

Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:50 pm
Awww I hadn't heard about Sean Connery. Crying or Very sad
But like others have said, he was actually pretty old so it wasn't unexpected. But to lose such an iconic actor can be sad.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
She is a lovely horse and she was definitely the hit of the night for those who saw her. She likes giving kisses, which can be a little intimidating when you aren't expecting this big horse head coming straight at your face! XD

So what are your plans for the next couple of days? Do you have anything fun scheduled?

XD I know the feeling. When I went trail riding recently, I leaned up against a gate and before I knew it a horse was nibbling at the back of my head. All I could think of was, Please don't eat my hair. XD

Not too much the next couple of days, but I'm going back to volunteer again on Thursday. Very Happy That should be fun. Oh, I almost forgot! I'm going out to dinner with my mom and aunt tonight. Very Happy We always have a nice time.

How about you? Have you been able to reschedule your kayaking trip yet?

Kaderin-Yeah, I don't find it as sad as Robin Williams, that one hit me hard for obvious reasons, but this is still very sad. Sean Connery was such a handsome, charismatic man. May he rest in peace. Heart

Queen of the Realm
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 pm
Yes, our icons come and like all people, they go. I think I'm still mourning David Bowie's passing. *sigh*

A ladies dinner out sounds like a lot of fun, Rayven! I hope you enjoy yourself Yes

I may go kayaking on Wednesday. Or I might not. I need to keep an eye on the weather and decide from there. If I don't go kayaking, I'll probably stop by a friend's house or meet her for lunch. It has been far too long since we've seen each other!

Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:17 pm
Rayven: I think Robin Williams was definitely a more sudden and unexpected death to deal with for a lot of people as it wasn't just old age or physical illness.

Oh gosh...David Bowie. Ngl, I keep forgetting he's not alive. I think I'm still in denial about his death.
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 pm
Ugh so jealous of you guys. Trail riding, kayaking.
About all I can do here now is freeze.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6244, 6245, 6246 ... 6249, 6250, 6251  Next
Page 6245 of 6251