{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6243, 6244, 6245 ... 6249, 6250, 6251  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:22 am
40-ish event items. It makes more sense when you see it set up ... or at least it does to me (but I'm visually-oriented). That's including whatever items I decide to use for the Quests too, by the way - so all event items. And it's about average for us, give-or-take a few, depending on the event and preparation details.

Anyway... what else is going on with you Rayven? Are you doing anything fun these days?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:59 am
Blazestorm wrote:
Anyway... what else is going on with you Rayven? Are you doing anything fun these days?

Unfortunately not. XD I wish. And the chili cook off and hayride were cancelled at church because Covid is getting worse in our county. Sad That leaves me with no Halloween plans. Grr Oh well, this isn't a normal year.

Casper gets fixed today. Poor guy. XD Everyone is driving me nuts this morning wondering why they can't eat or drink. They don't seem to understand the answer, "Because Casper can't." Rolling Eyes

How about you, Queen Blaze? Have you been able to find time to just enjoy life?

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:28 pm
Rayven wrote:
How about you, Queen Blaze? Have you been able to find time to just enjoy life?

Does running out the other afternoon to enjoy the day and eat nachos on a restaurant patio count? Or reading on my lanai, yelling at the dogs to stop barking and watching the occasional bird come by? If not, then, no, not particularly - at least not so far this week. I'm supposed to go kayaking for a bit tomorrow morning though - I think. I need to confirm those plans.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:20 pm
I think the nachos probably count. XD I hope you get to go tomorrow. Very Happy

It's delightfully foggy here today. Very Happy I'm very thankful for that. I doubt the people in the fairly bad wreck I passed earlier are though. I'm assuming the fog contributed but I can't say for sure.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:19 pm
We'll see about tomorrow - I think there's at least the threat of a storm coming through... tonight? tomorrow? Either way would affect the trip, especially if we go to the Gulf (eek! XD )
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 pm
Boo for weather that gets in the way. Grr What will you do if you can't go kayaking?

It finally stopped raining here so I was able to get a few things done outside. We had a freeze the other night so over half of the plants went kaput. XD I'm ok with it though, I need a break from gardening I think.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:34 pm
No kayaking tomorrow - apparently it's supposed to be windy and overcast. What will I do instead? Work on getting stuff done here, probably... do some laundry maybe... Maybe if I'm extremely lucky, I'll get in to my studio and do some painting or drawing...
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:29 am
Awww. I'm sorry you can't go. I hope you get to spend time in your studio. Very Happy

This is the view I got to see yesterday on my morning walk with Max Very Happy:

http://imgbox.com/qH6Ymtdk

I could just barely see some of them in the fog. It was awesome. Cool

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:13 pm
Oh, that's lovely - thank you for sharing Heart It gets foggy around here fairly often too. I love it.

Well, I could go, but it wouldn't be the safest or wisest or even the most comfortable of decisions given that it is overcast, dreary and slightly rainy this morning...

We shall see if I make it in to my studio today. So far, it seems that there are a lot of things to do -to catch up with

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:05 pm
Lady Rayven, some mornings around here it looks like that. . .only it is smoke from the fires in California!

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 pm
Are the fires still going on? Shocked (I've been avoiding the news recently for the sake of my sanity; it's questionable enough some days without the constant bombardment of weirdness going on in the world) I don't know why, but I keep forgetting you are so close to Ca., Scarz...

Last edited by Blazestorm on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:39 pm
Scarz wrote:
Lady Rayven, some mornings around here it looks like that. . .only it is smoke from the fires in California!

Oh that's awful. Sad I'm with Queen Blaze. I was like, still?

You really should move, Sir Scarz. XD

You're welcome, Queen Blaze. As soon as I saw them I knew I just had to take a picture and share it. Very Happy

Safety is the most important thing. Better safe than sorry. *nods*

I wound up being busier than I thought I would too. I'm just now sitting down to relax.

I've been avoiding the news as much as possible too. I think the whole world has gone mad. *shakes head*

Queen of the Realm
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Yes, I think the world has gone mad. The real question is "to what end?". *sigh*

And I did not make it to my studio today. It's not going to happen now that it's almost 4pm and I'm feeling the effects of wonky sleep last night No On the plus side, although I need to redo one of the items because it's creating a glitch, I think all the items for November are done. Now to do the graphics, etc., and maybe go and take a real look at some technology that I hope will work for what I have in mind...

I can't believe Halloween is about a week away now either... HOW did that happen?? Shocked I need to remember to buy some candy the next time I go shopping... just in case the neighborhood kids come out to Trick or Treat (who knows what's going to happen, really)

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:03 pm
There are still all kinds of fires in California, we have one or two in Utah, as well as Idaho and Arizona. . .the fires are so bad in Northern Cali, that mountain lions are moving into populated neighborhoods looking for food and safety (everyone was aware of how many animals lost their lives in the big fires in Australia, but it seems people overlook what is happening here).

Gawd, I just wish it would rain (it has been over 180 days without measurable rain at the airport). . .

We still are not sure if they are going to allow trick or treating this year. . .I have been invited to a costume party (I can't remember the last time I went to one), but I am leery that it may turn into too big of a party, which worries me, especially after my recent hospital stay. . .so we shall see.

Queen of the Realm
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:14 am
Oh, a party sounds like so much fun! But, IMO, you are smart to be a little extra cautious right now, Scarz... covid or not. Maybe you could go to the party and just keep an eye on the size of it and stay aware of your comfort level, leaving when it feels like it's getting to be too much?

I get the feeling that the kids will come out, here, and that the neighbors will end up chatting (they always do), but we will see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6243, 6244, 6245 ... 6249, 6250, 6251  Next
Page 6244 of 6251