{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6218, 6219, 6220 ... 6236, 6237, 6238  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:23 am
Blazestorm wrote:
It's a beautiful cool Sunday morning in Florida, and although I do have some work to finish up here, I'm trying to decide what to do with myself and this beautiful weather! What should I do? Go for a hike? Go to the beach? Kayaking? Horseback riding? Grab a friend and go shopping? Hang out in a hammock on the lanai reading a book and watching the birds? ...

Shocked Confused Lucky you! Wink It's snowing here. XD

Last time I checked, which was the other day, I didn't see the safety/check in thread.
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 am
Also jealous, not liking this snow lol.

also sorry I've been mia, went back home. Boo isn't doing so well -shrug-

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 pm
Rayven wrote:
I didn't see the safety/check in thread.

I just double checked - it's here, in the Citizens' Hall forum. Thank you.

And yes, the weather has been lovely here the last few days! I am really enjoying it, but I wish I were a little less distracted/obligated and could enjoy it a bit more than I have been able to.

MungoBoo wrote:
Boo isn't doing so well -shrug-

Ohhh, I'm sorry to hear that Boo. Do you want to talk about it?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm
Queen Blaze you should go enjoy the weather and relax. Could you let Zan go for a few days? You've done a lot lately. We want you to enjoy your life too. Heart I'm sure you have other obligations besides us, but maybe you could let a few go and have a mini vacation. Very Happy
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 pm
eh, basically I just feel very lost in life right now. I was laid of from my job a long while ago and I still haven't been able to get anything else... I mean, I'm sure this is the bulk of my issues. Of course there are the other life things that happen -shrugs-
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:50 pm
Oh, Boo, I'm sorry. I know how startlingly difficult being laid off can be for a person! I hope things improve for you! Are you doing ok, overall??

Thank you Rayven. My ability to get out and enjoy the weather is often affected by my needing to run the younger Prince to/from his classes or needing to be "relatively available in case of emergency" because of him/them (which can limit my time to do things I might want to do), needing to take care of RL mundane things (cooking, etc. which never seem to be done) and having to battle our chaotic, messy garage or finding the things I need or want in our limited storage space in the house, if I want to do something like go kayaking or even hiking (it's often more trouble than it's worth). Also, I usually end up doing things alone for various reasons... which can be good or not good depending on the day and activity, but my schedule is... weird.

Please rest assured, though, I do enjoy my life. In fact, as soon as I post this, I'm going to go put on some music and work on a painting that has been sitting too long unfinished, with the windows open to enjoy the gorgeous weather... before I have to get groceries and get the Prince from class, taking care of RL stuff and then hopefully coming back here to finish up some of the things that need my attention, or that I want to do. /minor peek in to my day/

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:22 pm
You're welcome Queen Blaze. Very Happy Kids! They ruin everything! XD I know what you mean. RL just gets in the way of fun stuff. It's no fun doing stuff alone either. I went to the movies by myself twice in my whole life. The first time I felt like such a loser sitting there by myself, and the second time I felt better because I was doing it to prove a point. eBil I wanted to go watch the new Ghostbusters, but the moron I was with didn't want to see it because, and I quote, "It won't be as good with women in it." Rolling Eyes Grr He had a bachelor party to go to and I was like, "See ya! I'm going to the movies." XD

I wound up decorating until 7 last night. Shocked The good news is that we're finally done until we get a tree in the middle of December. Woop
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:52 pm
Overall things haven't been great recently. :/
I'm having trouble getting out of bed in the mornings. I just don't know what im doing anymore or what I should do.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm
Congratulations Rayven. I haven't even begun thinking about Thanksgiving, nevermind Christmas!! Ugh - it's just too early for me!

I'm really sorry to hear that Boo. Is there anyone local you can talk with, or anything you can do to help change your current situation?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:50 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
Congratulations Rayven. I haven't even begun thinking about Thanksgiving, nevermind Christmas!! Ugh - it's just too early for me!

Me too! It was forced upon me. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:18 am
Bo prefers doing things alone. Sometimes it is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much hassle to try to organise people to get together to do things. Rolling Eyes Sigh
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9520/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 am
I can understand that too. Years ago I was usually the one to set up a girl's night out every Friday. Make sure who was coming, where, etc. Some weeks it was like pulling eye teeth. Party poopers! Lol
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 am
I'm sure there are things I can do to make things better.
But its hard when you're stuck in a stupid cycle of not doing anything because you're depressed but depressed because you don't do anything. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:55 pm
Boo it sounds like you're in an old fashioned rut. Sad Maybe just try to do something different every day for awhile, even if it's just something small like going for a short walk, watching a new show on TV, etc.

Queen of the Realm
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:21 pm
Bo I agree with you. Most of the time I prefer to do things alone as well - it's simpler, usually better in terms of timing (either more efficient or more relaxed, depending on the activity), and less complicated. But there are times when it would be nice to chat with a friend while hiking through the park, for example... or safer or even necessary (things like kayaking - I can't even lift the stupid thing on to the roof of my vehicle by myself, even if I could dig it out of the garage!).

Boo, we understand. I suspect we've all found ourselves in that type of cycle before. Try doing just one thing ...making one change... for yourself each day. Go for that walk, like Rayven suggested, or make that one phone call that you need to make, or choose to drink an extra glass of water... whatever small positive change you want. Just do one. And stick with that one thing for a couple of days... then, when you're ready, consider adding one more something to your "me care/feel better" routine. But there's no rush. Just focus on the one thing for a while...

... and how are you Rayven?

It has been a few days since I've done one of my little games, so let's do one...

ArrowArrow Read My Mind, game #4
Challenge: I* am thinking of a letter found in the first half of the English Alphabet... what letter is it?

*"I" in this case is actually Zukyun. Not that it matters a whole lot, but for this instance of the game you'll be reading Zukyun's mind, not mine...

EDIT: This weekend is the anniversary of Zan Musings*, which was set up Sat Nov 17, 2007. Musings is 12 years old.
(This version of Musings, which is actually the third version of the thread; it was a well-established thread that was deleted twice in an unfortunate hacker incident. Musings in its original form is actually older than 12 years.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6218, 6219, 6220 ... 6236, 6237, 6238  Next
Page 6219 of 6238