{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6181, 6182, 6183 ... 6189, 6190, 6191  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:28 pm
Sooooo, how was the eggnog cheese cake?!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm
It was edible, and it turned out well. However, it's not my favorite, and I think my brother will wind up eating the whole thing. XD I like eggnog, but for some reason it just didn't work for most of us. You don't know unless you try. lol I'm picky though. I've had lots of cheesecake in my life, but only found 4 I really love. I'm going to keep trying though. Very Happy

Did you have some good food yesterday?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm
That is true! My hubby is really picky about his cheesecake too; there's only a small amount that he really likes too.

My mom tried something new this year. She made spinach and cheese manicotti, which turned out amazing! I'm going to have to get the recipe from her.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:43 am
I think most people who really like cheesecake become connoisseurs. XD It's just one of those things that once you find what you like best it's hard to like anything else.

Oh that sounds good. I'm a picky eater so I don't know if I would like it, but it sounds fancy. XD I would be willing to try it. My parents don't even bother trying anything new. They're pretty picky too I guess. Apparently I got it honest. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 am
I got my mom's love of food; I'll try just about anything. And there isn't much that I don't like. My sister is the picky one when it comes to food, but she's been branching out more. Her boyfriend got her to try sushi, oysters, and something else. I am encouraging this, because food is amazing Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm
I agree! At least about the stuff I can eat. XD

Did your husband get you something good for Christmas?

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
We actually agreed to not get each other any gifts this year. When we think of something to get the other, we just get it and give it Very Happy Though, last year we said we would buy a new mattress, but it never happened. I might push for that this year XD

How about your hubby?

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 am
I'm glad that works for you guys. If I did that I'd never get anything. XD A new mattress sounds great right about now. We not only need a new one, but a bigger one. We only have a full right now, but we need at least a queen. I prefer king though. XD

That turkey didn't know what to give me, and gave me money. :/ I always have to help him. It kind of annoys me, but I guess I just need to accept the fact that he's not good at that. At least I can buy what I want now. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:16 am
My husband never really gets me anything for birthdays, Christmas, or anniversaries. And it really stresses him out. I have to tell him I would rather have memories than things, and I think he's starting to believe me Laughing I tell him to at least get me a card, which he's usually pretty good about. At least with a card, he'll take the time to find that perfect one from him to give to me, which matters a lot to me. Usually I don't get anything else, which I have grown to accept.

Any ideas on what you're going to get yourself XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:28 am
Riley you're nicer than me. I guess I'm greedy because I want memories and things. XD E's good at getting me cards too, and writing sweet things in them.

XD I think I want a laptop case, and I also want some hot rollers for my hair. It was a lot easier to think of things I wanted when I was a kid. I had to strain my brain to think of those two things. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Even as a kid I've had this view. I guess it's odd, because my parents didn't go out of their way to teach me this - I just kind of fell into it on my own.

That is so true. At some point, it became much harder for me to think of things I'd want for Christmas or for birthdays. Same with hubby. Perhaps we've realized that what we want can't really be given? My dad always said he wanted an extra day of the week whenever I'd ask him what he wanted. I never understood it until I was in my early twenties.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:49 am
That's good. My Dad told me even if someone gave me a bag of dirt I'd better act like it was the best bag of dirt I ever had. XD That lesson I stick to. Especially with strangers.

XD Your Dad's right about that. More hours in the day would be good too. I asked my Dad what he wanted for Christmas, and he said he couldn't think of anything either. He said he guessed he didn't deserve anything if he couldn't think of something. I'm starting to feel that way too. I know he really wants a black leather jacket though. I just haven't been able to afford to get him one yet. It's on my to do list. Very Happy Why he waited until he was 71 to want to be like the Fonz I don't know. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:32 am
Cause black leather jackets are amazing and everyone should own one at some point in their life? XD I had one I found at the thrift store. It was my favorite thing to wear, but part of it ripped really badly and it was unwearable and not fixable because of where the rip was. Sadness, but not the end of the world.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:40 pm
Bo is still currently without her laptop. *grumbles under her breath about a 5-8 day fix and it being a month later and still no laptop*

I start summer school for chemistry in 8 hours and I needed my laptop back by YESTERDAY at the latest to make sure I had everything I needed for this subject...but no. So much for a bloody "quick fix". Next laptop I get will NOT be from that company...or that computer brand either. Need to save for a dedicated pc and laptop for either later this year, or next year. thunk
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7500/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:26 pm
Riley-I guess you're right. Maybe I need one too. XD Awww. I hope you can find another one sometime.

Bo-Hopefully it won't be much longer. I wish you weren't all the way down under. E could probably fix your laptop. What's wrong with it?
Page 6182 of 6191