{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6180, 6181, 6182 ... 6200, 6201, 6202  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 am
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. Do you want to talk about it?

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 am
I know it's depression. I also know there are some things I can do that might or will help, but I guess that's the ugly thing about depression - I'm always emotionally exhausted and have no motivation for anything. My goal is to get back to the yoga studio before the end of the year. I know that really helped when I was practicing regularly.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 pm
Isn't that the truth! Once you're depressed it's hard to feel like doing anything. I got really upset the other day, but I made myself do chores. Years ago I couldn't have, but I refuse to let depression sink its teeth into me again. I hope you can get back into yoga if it helps you. I think the only thing that helps me is to change my thinking some, and to remember that I've felt that way before and it truly isn't the end of the world even if it feels like it at the moment. I don't know if that would work for someone who is depressed for no reason though. I always get depressed because something is wrong, and not just seemingly out of nowhere like some people. However, I think bad times take me down faster than someone who doesn't have a depressed bone in their body. I had to cut people out of my life that were keeping me depressed. I got some great advice from somebody one time. I was telling them about my living situation and how bad it was. They told me that nothing is worse than a sinking ship that is sinking slowly, and that it's usually better to just sink it fast. I think that's the best advice I have ever received. I didn't follow it right away. I took time to decide what I could live with, and what I couldn't live without. But when I was ready, I sank that ship super fast. XD I have completely torn down my life several times to rise again. Sometimes things are just so bad all you can do is start completely over again. It's scary, but necessary. I'm getting old enough that I really don't want to have to do that anymore though so I hope I never have to. I don't know if any of that applies to you or will help you Riley, but I thought I'd share it just in case. I hope things get better for you too.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:58 pm
I appreciate the advice Yes I had other people tell me the same thing about a sinking ship in other words, but I like your description much better. I've been wrestling with depression since my teenage years. I've seen many therapists and I've learned many coping skills. But right now, I think I just need to make myself do something, and it's funny you mentioned chores. Cleaning has always been something that helps me to start climbing out of this hole Very Happy Last night I told myself I was going to clean the hell out of my kitchen, and so that is what I will do today XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 pm
I'm glad if I can help even a little. Very Happy I call that "angry cleaning" because usually I'm angry instead of depressed when I do that. XD

I love your outfit by the way! So cute. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:02 pm
My kitchen was clean for a little bit, LOL.

Thanks! I love the red and white on your avatar!

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 am
XD I don't even know why we bother cleaning. It's a mess 5 minutes later. Sigh I guess it would be really bad if we didn't clean at all though. XD

You're very welcome. Thank you! I finally got around to using the earrings. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:21 am
It would definitely not be a pretty sight if I decided I wasn't going to clean anymore, LOL. That and the dust and pet dander would eventually drive me bonkers! I can tell when a room needs to be dusted XD

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:58 pm
I know what you mean. XD My landlord was pretty good about changing the air filter, but lately they haven't been. So I looked, and it was horrible! Full of Chase's hair. I bought some myself, and was pleasantly surprised at how cheap they were. I got 4 of them for less than $3. Shocked

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:51 pm
Wow, that's a good deal! I need to change out our air filters too, I just haven't been able to remember to buy filters :/

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:47 am
XD E was surprised I remembered. I don't think the ones I bought were as good as the ones the landlord provided, but I'm not going to complain for that price. Lol

I'm trying a new cheesecake recipe tomorrow. Eggnog. I hope it turns out good. XD
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:43 pm
I saw a youtube video about "seven signs you have high functioning depression". Yeah. I don't feel much like doing stuff either - especially chores. >.< This coming year I need to start using all the art supplies I have. My house needs a good decluttering, but I hate being wasteful. I should learn about ebay selling and stuff.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:43 am
Angel I think most people have that. I probably do too even if I don't realize it. I only notice when something bad happens, and I completely lose it. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 am
I've been dealing with high functioning depression since I was in junior high :/ Looking back, I can say I've learned so much about it, and there's still a lot I don't know.

Eggnog cheese cake?! omg, tell me how it turns out! That sounds sinfully delicious! Nom

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:37 pm
Ok I'll let you know. When I was making it yesterday I felt like Martha Stewart. XD It was the first time I used heavy whipping cream. It starts out a liquid, and becomes fluff. Shocked I got so excited. XD The mixture tasted pretty good, but I guess I won't know for sure until I have a piece today.
Page 6181 of 6202