Zan "I'm Safe" Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 6, 7, 8  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:43 pm
It's great to hear that your power is back on, milady. . .also your community working together to prepare and clean up afterwards, shows that people are not as divided as the media would have us believe.

Your little visitor is a reminder that even the critters were looking for higher ground.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:43 pm
That's good to hear my Queen, I'm glad you and your family are safe and that a community effort is being made to deal with the aftermath.

It's so good to hear that people are not running around headless like the media would have us believe.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 pm
So glad to hear! I hope you're able to get some rest from the whole ordeal Yes <3

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Thanks, everyone! Heart Luffles

LillieRose wrote:
It's so good to hear that people are not running around headless like the media would have us believe.

There's usually a few knuckleheads with any given situation, but I doubt there are too many (I haven't seen any). Unfortunately, the knuckleheads "sell papers" Rolling Eyes so "media" tends to feature them disproportionately (IMO).

Anyway - thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! Heart
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 am
It's always a small handful of opportunists around who will take advantage of the situation. But the majority show what human spirit really is. Which is great. Now to watch out for the scams that will no doubt do the rounds in an effort to "help the relief fund". Rolling Eyes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8720/10000
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:56 am
I am safe, though I do hope everyone here is safe or at least going to be safe.

I'm out in California and we haven't had much weather damage(except there was an earthquake in southern CA recently but I'm more central).

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am
Kitty I'm glad the earthquake didn't seem to affect you. Very Happy I've never experienced one. I don't think I want to.

Defender of the Realm
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 pm
After last night's massacre here, I am well. I had a few friends who went to the concert and they are all right, too

You see all this insanity that is going around and never think it will happen where you are. . .and then it does. . .

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:19 am
I'm so glad you're safe, Scarz! Heart {{hugs}}

... natural disasters are one thing (and we've had enough of them recently!). Man-made ones are something else entirely.

I'm so sorry...

... but I'm glad you're safe! (and your friends!)
Celestrya

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:55 am
I'm glad you and your friends are safe. My sister was at that concert with her friends. A couple pushed them over a fence to get them out if harms way. I'm so thankful to them.

The world has been scary lately...
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 am
Lady Celestrya, I am glad your sister and friends are safe and there are so many stories of heroism by so many, people helping others, off-duty first responders, former military who helped those that were victims. . .stories of strangers taking the injured safely away in their trucks and SUVs. . .

This was something that Vegas has been preparing for, but never really expected. . .the actions of the madman may never be fully explained, but it was great to see people getting together, helping each other. . .I just wish that it didn't take a tragedy to see it.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 am
The World is scary but there are knights with and without armor to counter the fear.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Water Dragon wrote:
The World is scary but there are knights with and without armor to counter the fear.

Yes there are! Well said. Very Happy

Sir Scarz I'm glad that you and yours are safe. *hugs*

Celestrya I'm also glad that your sister and friends are safe. *hugs*

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who were not so fortunate.

The world has always been a scary place full of tragedy. It is more difficult to see it on the news, or experience it firsthand, then to read about it in the history books.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm
I'm very happy that I made this thread. It's our very own safe place thread. It doesn't matter if it goes off topic slightly, the main thing is to know that our friends (basically family really) are safe and their friends and families are safe also. Heart
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8720/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:28 pm
It was a great idea Bo! Very Happy And very needed from time to time.
Page 3 of 8