*hug the Moon*

Ahhh, my crackedness is contagious!

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:29 am
XD Yes it is.

Established Citizen
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 pm
My pastor says in Texas they're having to deal with gators coming all over the city with the filthy risen water.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 pm
One sheriff was advising people to watch out for gators, snakes, rats and floating islands of fire ants (seems they can hold legs, make a big ball and float. . .there are pictures on Google. . .
Link

And our list of bad things happening, we forgot to include the forest fires in California, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming and Montana. . .as well as torrential downpours in Italy. . .

Irma is now hitting Florida and our Queen has hunkered down. . .Jose is hitting what was left of the island of Barbuda. . .

And that is just the natural disaster. . .

~edited by LillieRose due to page stretching

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 pm
Oh that's horrible! I can't even imagine. Sad The bad thing about natural disasters is even once they're over there's a ton of clean up and money needed.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 pm
I'm not surprised about the gators and snakes (etc.) taking advantage of the flood waters. It's a real hazard. Yes

Scarz wrote:
Irma is now hitting Florida and our Queen has hunkered down.

... yes, it's headed directly at us (Tampa Bay) and although some of our local friends have noted some wind and rain, we're not seeing much other than an occasional breeze and a light rain most of the day. It's actually pretty boring - and I hope it stays that way, but we're not betting on it. We're expecting the storm to be directly overhead in a matter of hours, with worsening conditions between now and then. Yes
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 pm
*fervently thanks the Lord for lack of fire ants*

I'm praying as hard as someone as addled as I currently am can. *sends out hugs*

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
. . .we're not seeing much other than an occasional breeze and a light rain most of the day. It's actually pretty boring - and I hope it stays that way, but we're not betting on it. We're expecting the storm to be directly overhead in a matter of hours, with worsening conditions between now and then. Yes

Here's hoping Irma will be slowed down a lot by the time she hits you, they say it is over Marco Island , south of Naples. . .

Stay sheletered, your Majesty.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 pm
Thank you both. I'll post an update if (and as) I can but there may be a point when you guys know more about what's going on than we do, due to lack of electricity. Friends and family in Cape Coral are reporting power loss already. Tonight is going to be just lovely for us! Rolling Eyes ... I love it when storms come to a head in the middle of the night! /sarcasm. If you look at the current track map, where it intersects 5 counties at the top of Tampa Bay, that's pretty much exactly where we are... *hunkers more* Wink
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm
DX I shouldn't have checked. Now I'm worried about both ants and Blaze.

Queen of the Realm
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Safe! No electricity and limited cell service, but we are safe and secure. Two trees down in the neighborhood but no damage. Mostly little branches just blown around. I'll check in again when I have power. Thanks for worrying about us-we're fine 💙
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm
Tis very glad I am to hear that thou art safe, milady. . .from what I heard it seems that almost half the State is without power, hopefully it will not be down for too long. The main thing is that you and your family are safe..

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm
I'm very relieved that you're ok Queen Blazestorm. I hope you have electricity soon. See? No storm can take out The Blazestorm. You're the ultimate storm. XD *hugs*

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 pm
I'm sending you lots of love and good thoughts Blaze.

I hope you get out of this safe and unharmed.

Heart

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm
Thanks for the well wishes and the concern, guys! Luffles Heart Heart

We have electricity now- yay!

We're mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted from all the hurricane preparations and now, the cleanup... but we are safe. We are trying to help friends & family who may not have electricity or ability to do what needs to be done at this point. The immediate danger is pretty much gone, except for some non-functioning intersection lights, high water levels in some places, and the very real risk of "critters" roaming,trying to escape their waterlogged homes (like the pygmy rattler on our walkway yesterday. Fun. *NOT*!). It's not quite life as normal, but we're getting there. Anyway, I'll be distracted for a few more days dealing with the aftermath, but I'll be "around". Thanks for your concern for our safety and for keeping an eye on Zantarni while I was trying to hide from a rather erratic, but very strong (if fickle) hurricane. Yes

And I must say, although these types of things are messy and some people take advantage of the chaos for their own means, my entire neighborhood came together the last few days - helping each other prepare for the storm, sharing information, offering use of their generators, clearing debris from each others' yards, helping out the elderly neighbors, etc. It is a good reminder that most humankind is kind... nice... generous... helpful. Yes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8