Zan "I'm Safe" Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:08 am
That is the thing about the Australian's and New Zealander's. We all pull together in times of crisis. I mean, we will take the mickey out of each other, especially when it comes to sporting events and other insults, but when push comes to shove, we will and do support our closest neighbours, hence the ANZACs. I know Australia is just as shocked about what happened in NZ as the Kiwis are, and I think more shocked that an Australian was a part of it too.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8800/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am
I've just spoken with my cousin from Australia and he said that New Zealand is practically a state of Australia and that despite taking the **** out of one another, Ausies and Kiwis are essentially the same people. XD

I do believe the whole of Australia is also reeling from the events of today but I also know that the people of this region will support each other through this hard period of recovery ahead.

I've seen nothing but messages of heartfelt compassion and love all throughout the afternoon and evening from local communities as well as communities from all around NZ and the entire region.

And believe me, people will remember that more than the hate that has led to the events of today.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am
Oh yeah, most of us do see it that way. Although, my dad keeps saying that he wishes NZ would drag Tasmania over to them so we wouldn't have to put up with them. It's typically to do with politics though. Rolling Eyes

If the aftermath of the Lindt siege is anything to go by, the outpouring of support from the local community will be huge. Yes Heart
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8800/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am
I am very happy to hear that you and yours are safe, Lillie, during this truly unfortunate and violent incident! *hugs* Heart
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:04 pm
I'm glad you and yours are safe Lillie. Heart

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm
Thank you all. Heart

There have been 50 confirmed fatalities, 38 people are still in hospital, 12 of them are still in critical condition.

The outpour of love and support has been amazing.

I am pretty sure a couple of fundraising pages were broken due to the volume of people signing in to donate to the families of the victims.

I've seen a lot of messages of love on social media over the weekend and it was heartwarming to see that people responded with love, rather than hate to this tragic event.

There is increased police presence in our town and it will go on until they have made absolutely sure that it's completely safe.

I am sure you can all follow what is happening in the media, so this will be my last post on this matter.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8