Your favorite Halloween Event activity? (poll/opinion)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

What is your single absolute favorite Halloween Event activity?
Earning Currency & visiting the Event Shop!
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Trick or Treating on the profile pages
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doing a spooky Quest
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Participating in an Avatar Costume Contest
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doing a Pumpkin Carving Contest
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Something else (please post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Halloween is on its way and as I've already mentioned, we have an event coming up to celebrate (yay! event!).

... and I want to know
what is your favorite Zantarni Halloween Event activity or activities??

Please take the poll, post in thread, etc. Thanks! Heart

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:05 pm
And, if collecting quantities of event items is important to you, keep in mind that usually...

... the Event Shop allows multiple purchases as long as you earn the event currency to buy the items. Event currency is earned through posting in the forums or sometimes, surfing through them. The amount of items collected over the course of the event lies mostly with each of you and the time you spend earning the event currency.

... Trick or Treating can normally be completed one time per account (so only one item or set of items is gained). This activity happens on the profile pages and you need to find a new profile for every "door" that you "knock on". Items are rewarded randomly.

... Quests are also usually completed one time per account, resulting in one item or set of items acquired.

... Contests normally put up a prized item (or choice of pre-selected prized items) to the winner or winners. The number of winners for any given contest is usually determined by the number of overall participants.

Atiya

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:48 pm
For me there are three things that I like about the halloween events.

1. Earning the Event Currency

2. Doing the Spooky Quest

3. Trick or Treating on others profiles

All are so fun and entertaining for Me.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm
It's all about the items for me no matter what option provides them. I enjoy the activities too but the end goal is the items. *nods* I also enjoy the fact that the forums are more active during events.

I do feel that if we continue to have contests the number of entries required for the wings (or whatever the prize is) needs to be lowered. We just don't have enough active people to enter the contest, and even if we did, it would take everyone and there will always be those that refuse to enter. Just my opinion and I'll probably enter regardless just because. XD I have notices that the last few contests I think we got a break and that's cool too.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am
I'm with Rayven items are often what I focus on in the event. Though I prefer the quest and profile trick-or-tricking since I'm usually a lurker so the posting is hard to keep up with.

I do understand the point of the forum event currency since it does give the incentive to post for lurkers or just those that pop in for events it gets people to stay longer and chat. It's not my preferred event activity but not one I dislike either.

For the contests, I participated in one a year ago since I enjoy dressing up my avatar but most often the contests are things that I don't have confidence in doing so I don't enter. The prizes as well aren't often items I'm interested in since wings are not an accessory I enjoy using for avi based sites, to me they always look off on the avi base no matter what is done.
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 am
I always love the quests, no matter which event.

I also love items, because I need more items. Need, not want. XD

I am not usually a big fan of the contests anymore, and that is only because there isn't a lot of participation. Then I get irritated if there wasn't enough entries to get the special items. That said, I'm with Rayven; I usually participate in all contests anyways.

A side comment:
I miss roleplaying. I was contemplating on making a Halloween themed, short RP thread and provide prizes, but I haven't been in the right mental space recently. And I know not everyone likes text roleplaying, so I'm not sure how much interest there would be.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 pm
Rayven wrote:
I have notices

I believe this is the first time I've had to quote myself. Holy typo, Batman! XD I really was tired last night. That was supposed to read noticed. Embarassed

I know what Hanahime is saying. Personally, I'm no artist and I have precious little creativity so it would be nice to see a contest that doesn't take any talent. XD I have no idea what that would be though. And I'm not complaining, just feeling sorry for myself, apparently. XD I blame it on the exhaustion. Embarassed

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback so far.

We do understand that there are logistical issues with holding contests these days - it's the reason we have stopped holding the creative-based contests, scaled back the contests on the whole, and offered different prize tiers. Thanks for confirming our suspicions Wink Yes

That said, it's Halloween that's coming up and it's just not Halloween unless there's a costume contest and/or Pumpkin Carving!! XD

... Quests ... interesting. I may have an idea concerning them that might make things a little "differently interesting"... LOL!

Please continue giving feedback about the Halloween Event or events here in general... we truly appreciate it, and I have a couple of different ideas in mind now that maybe we'll try out... Ninja

Riley, I miss role-playing too -and we used to do a lot of that here, especially around the events- but personally, I have been stretched too thin for too long to realistically be able to do it at this point. You could post a thread and see if anyone would be interested in and able to RP with you during the event...?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 am
I have an idea but it's not for an event, it could be an event prize though. We seem to be lacking an opal glendor. Ninja eBil Luffles

Queen of the Realm
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 pm
... Rayven, I am absolutely, and in no uncertain terms ignoring that suggestion Razz XD

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm

It seems that you guys would like to have a Quest for the Halloween event... and I have an idea that will hopefully save a few of my braincells from exploding (they seem on the cusp of doing that a lot these days), be an interesting twist for the event, and be interesting for you guys as well...

SO... let's try this -

Arrow Each of you, come up with a riddle, clue, hint, brain-buster, something to be part of the Quest. I'll collect everyone's suggestions, clues, etc., put everything in the Quest format, set up the prizes, and then let you guys loose to sort out each others' clues and riddles during the Halloween event. Does that sound like fun?

Exclamation Arrow To submit a Quest clue, you will need:
  • The hint/riddle etc. Try to be clear, but without completely giving away the answer. Keep in mind that the clues always seem more complicated when you're the one trying to solve them instead of writing them!

• The location where to find the hidden currency (i.e. the answer to your riddle/hint).

• Send me a PM with this information^^. Do not post the hints or answers in thread, or it will ruin the fun for everyone.

• Locations for currency may be: first-page threads of any forum, site landing or activity pages (pages that I can easily edit; I'll let you know if there's a problem), profile pages, shops, etc.

• Currency: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Submissions: Send me up to three clues/locations. Try to be clear about the information you're sending me, please. Maybe even use this format:
      Clue/Hint: _________
      Location/answer: __________
      Currency (if applicable): ___________

• ... and yes, I reserve the right to edit or alter your submissions, simply because I might need to
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:49 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
... Rayven, I am absolutely, and in no uncertain terms ignoring that suggestion Razz XD

Oh poo! Razzzz XD

Wow. Now I have to strain my brain to think of some clues for the quest. XD At least I'll try to.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm
When I get a break from working, I'll post the RP and see where it goes. But today is my day of birth, and so I have decreed it a day of laziness =^^=

Hmm, seems I might also need to submit some quest clues Ninja
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 pm
Happy Birthday, Riley!!!!

Queen of the Realm
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Yes, Riley -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The Great Hall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2