Young People These Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19]
Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 am
Firstly, they should have looked at the trailer, whether it be a commercial or over Youtube, read reviews, or learned about the movie before seeing it, so shame on them. A lot of kids are so caught up in the graphics of a movie, they tend to neglect paying attention to writing, which is why directors have easy times making crappy sequels for profit. When I saw Philomena in theaters, it was a welcome change from graphics-laden and animation-heavy movies. I, as a young person, feel in the minority because I have a tendency to get impatient with bad writing and awful pacing of movies.
Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 am
I am honestly sick to death of exploding movies -_- I do prefer midevil, western, celtic, ect over most movies but yea, i am not really into anything that is pointless murder and mayhem its a HUGE turn off for me. I like STORIES and the LIFE that the characters live... Like Vikings, walking dead, Alexander hailys Queen, The skeleton Key, and yes there are some murder movies with a back story or a point or a good plot. (the decent, Hills have eyes... ect)

What really gets me annoyed is Bollywood movies lol... i HATE bollywood super cheese and cannot fathom why anyone on this planet would actually sit there and watch one. My husband is REALLY into old Chinese films as well.. Those annoy me too! The words are off, the action is just awkward and there is no real plot... The newer ones (read only) crouching tiger hidden dragon and stuff are borderline annoying the fantasy hop-flying is stupid. But the movie it self was really good.

I am 33... Dont know if i am a "younger crowd" but i also dont watch movies in the theater unless its a good one... Lord of the rings is a good example.
Annnyway thats just my two cents, cant make a quarter but you can save it for a rainy day Wink
Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 pm
I'm 22, so probably fit under that "younger crowd" category…and to be honest, I'm just as disgusted by the idiocy of most people my age. I end up hanging out with people 10, 20 years older than me because I have a hard time relating to my peers.

I do enjoy a good story more than explosions or pretty CGI (I came out of Avatar feeling like it was basically Pocahontas with blue people). I also strongly dislike a lot of modern comedy because it tends to focus on humiliating the character, overuses stereotypes, and is painfully predictable. However, for whatever reason I seem to be alone in my preferences.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2