World On Fire--OOC
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19]
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 pm
Main RP: World On Fire
See first post for plot and rules.

OOC Thread Purpose: To provide a place for more involved plot discussion and Q&A with players both current and prospective.

Current Players:
  • CrystalMind
  • Amurita

Current Characters
  • Damia Isardin, Human, Illusionist {Wizard} (CrystalMind)
  • Titus Isardin, Human, Wizard (CrystalMind)
  • Thalia Tirnel, Elf (Amurita)

------------------
Important Maps and Diagrams
Tyr Mantas (Schematic)
------------------

This post is subject to revision at any time

Last edited by CrystalMind on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm
-pokes the new OC thread-

@Crystal: Just an fyi, that I only have the slightest backstory for my character and what she wants to do. Otherwise, I'm just basically winging it. So if you have some direction you want this to go and I'm messing it up, let me know :3

Oh, and for anyone else reading this, join us in the rp! You know you want to Wink
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 pm
@Amurita: Don't worry about it! I try to keep the world a little more open and develop plot points as needed. We're still early, yet. Feel free to go a little nuts.

I've used Titus and Damia before, but not in this context. Usually Titus is much more in the background. XD

---------
Quick Review of the Relevant Plot to Date: Right now, the humans (upper-class decision makers) are convinced that the Elves are raiding the countryside. It is strongly implied that the refugees themselves do not believe this--they know there's something out there, but it's not Elves.

On the other hand, when the Elves (who also know they're not at fault) tried to go explain this, their entire delegation was murdered. The guilty party at this point is strongly implied to be upper-class humans. They may have been influenced by an outside force, but I think it's safe to say they're at fault for that one.
---------

And yes, assumed audience. Join us... we have virtual cookies for you! Very Happy

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:59 pm
Just wanted to say, sorry for taking so long to post. My natural lurker tendencies tend to procrastinate my posting and so that's why I tend not to do 1x1 rp's. I've also been busy with some zan stuff, plus trying to edit my nanowrimo novel for camp nano, so that's been slowing me down as well.
Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 am
You're a knight; Zan stuff is always priority. Wink

((And NaNoWriMo is critically important in its own right. *shifty eyes*))

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't sweat it. So long as there's eventually a post, I can wait. Smile

My own RP tendencies lend themselves to a rapid response in most settings, but I don't mind waiting. You're good at what you do, and right now our characters haven't really interacted, so we're making up setting and stimuli as we go. Once characters are in the same space is when things in an RP get interesting.

It might be easier if other people would jump in, but no luck thus far--more loss for them. XD

...as for where I left my own post, I mostly cut it off there because A.) It was getting too long, and I'm not sure if you're prepared to work with 500-1000 word posts on a regular basis, B.) I'd inserted a minor timeskip and didn't want to mess up anything you might have planned.

If I ever leave off at an overly-inconvenient point, just let me know and we'll figure out what I can add/subtract.

TL;DR
Don't worry about it.

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:28 am
Decided to maneuver Thalia to the walls too as I figured it was the only place she could go to sleep, plus it gives our characters a chance to meet (assuming they're in the same area). Unless you don't want them to meet yet, we can always do it later Wink
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:54 pm
Yay! RP threads are much easier when you have another human to interact with!

Next question: do you want me to timeskip closer to morning, or is there something you want to put in over the course of the evening? I was thinking there might be a communal hobo-soup-type breakfast that we might be able to take advantage of?

((Also, working on a diagram of the city 'rings' so that I can throw it up into the first post of this thread as a resource.))

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:08 am
I don't have anything plan, so feel free to do a timeskip.

And great, having a visual map is a great way for us to better have an idea for the setting Yes
Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 am
Schematic of the capital has been added to the first post. There's not a lot of detail; it basically just puts into images what we'd discussed previously. I might have time to draw a more detailed map later.

I'll get the next post up by tomorrow. Thanks for the timeskip approval, Amurita. Smile

As always, others are welcome to jump in!

EDIT: Next post is up! XD

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm
Map looks good! If anyone wants to join, that's all the basics they really need to know anyways Yes

Also wanted to note that I've seen your post, but I've decided to go back to school and since it's been a while I'm feeling pretty drained. I'll try to get a post out soon though.

---

Edit: And after over 2 weeks, I finally post thunk
Hopefully I can start posting more frequently... as for my post... it was kind of useless Dead
I wasn't sure how exactly we should meet. Spot you guys in the line or wait til after we get the food? So yeah, just in the line for now, eheh.
Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 pm
Sorry that it took until now for me to see that you'd posted! Hopefully I'll finish settling into my new routine, soon.

I'd thought that you might spot them, but your post is fine. Titus is impatient--he'll do something to move things along... *ponders*

Give me a day and I'll throw a response up. I need to remember how my characters think.

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm
No problem :3

Yeah, I was thinking that Thalia could spot them too, but I couldn't figure out a good way to word it so...I just ended it with her being in line, eheheh.