Won't ever wear that!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2, 3, 4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19]
Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 pm
I will usually where just about anything, but i tend to avoid pants.
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 am
@Rhavaniel: I have the Fumashuriken and do like it, but...it's so hard to match! So I don't wear it that often. Wearing it with a spork all the time sounds like a wierd combo to me, but to each his own I guess x3

And yeah, Paganbeer's hairstyle is definitely distinctive as well as I've never seen her change it. As for your avi's hair, maybe it's just that since it's your virtual representation of you, so maybe you subconsciously make it similar to your irl hair.

@Adrinaline/Death: I remember someone mentioning that before about the masks. I think they said it had something to do with the outline of the eyeholes or something. But I'd think that Death would want to look creepy xp

It is a shame sometimes about wings, especially when they're so small that some of the hair covers most of them.

@BandAid: I like the design of the peace dresses, but I don't like the layering. It's such a big item and hardly anything that layers with it can be seen with it, so I always feel kind of limited when I wear it. The dragon dresses I also am sort of lukewarm too as I am to most dresses, but I have managed to incorporate them into my outfits from time to time.

@SpicedRoses: Zantarni doesn't have a lot of pants for girls, so I don't tend to use them that often, but I personally do like to use them, especially when layering them with shorter cut dresses. I just with that pants and skirts could be worn at the same time.
Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 am
This is going to sound rather contrary to my current look, but oh well. *clears throat*

I normally try to avoid blue. In small doses, sure, blue is fine. Completely washing an avatar in blue, however, is so common. Blue is supposedly the most commonly used colour on the internet, and I just... I don't know... I kind of find blue to be boring.

I also try to take in the criticism of what others like and dislike when creating avatars. Some people are just going to hate everything, and I realize that.

What I do try to look for in an avatar is balance. I try to bring out every colour in a given item and make sure there is at least one other item that matches it. It's just one of those OCD-like tendencies I have. Again, this is not the case in my current look since I ignored the red glow around the flame. I couldn't find a way to make red work with what I already had, but I felt that was a minor enough detail to overlook (though I grit my teeth over it).

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:41 pm
^ lol, it is a bit contradictory looking at your mostly blue avatar, but I can understand why you contradicted yourself. It's like how myself I don't like to wear more than two items from the same set, three at max, because it feels like a lack of creativity. But at times there are items on the site that look so good as it is, but doesn't fit with anything else so I can't help it.

Oh, and I had no idea blue was the most common colour used on the internet. I'm sure that I've had a nearly all blue avatar sometime, though I actually do really like the colour. I dunno, maybe because it's associated with the colour of water and the sky - so it has that dreamlike quality to it.

I also like to keep my avatar balanced, but not to the point to having to match the little bit of red on that flame. Hahah, I didn't know you were so OCD about that stuff xp
Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 pm
I usually don't like to wear too much pinkish items

Knight of Zantarni
Thu May 05, 2011 5:40 pm
Yeah, me neither. It can be surprising sometimes though, of how nice a colour you don't like can look with another colour. For example, pink with purple or pink with green. Adding different colours can really make it look totally different.
Thu May 05, 2011 6:14 pm
I think I tend to avoid pink and yellow. Gold is fine but I rather dislike the colour yellow just in general as well as any colour with too much yellow in it.
When my avatar is a boy I usually like to avoid shirts if I don't have to sacrifice colour balance. XD And with girls I like to not give them pants, but just panties.
I, too, have a bit of a thing against weapons. I only occasionally use them which is silly since I have so many. >__< -went on a bow buying spree one time-

And Amurita; I LOVE you current avi. It's so nice. >o< I might have to copy you on that one sometime. D8 If you don't mind.
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm
Hahah, that's interesting, especially since gold is so similar to yellow. I guess it's the metallic sheen, or is it the more warmth that comes from gold...or are you just trying to say you want gold :p

The shirtless and bottomless preference is also pretty interesting. For girls, I usually avoid having no bottom, as it always feels scantily clad to me and that's not really my style. Though I have done it before, and have really liked the outfits. I also tend to dislike big dresses or robes (lol, like i have right now) since it's hard to layer them with other items.

And thanks for the complement, I've been in a slump lately. I usually change every week, but lately it's more like every few weeks, so it's good to know it looks nice at least x3

And sure I don't mind.

I also love the outfit you have on now, and the one from yesterday...and most of the ones I see you wear, actually Heart
Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm
For me I would never where pink. I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Knight of Zantarni
Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 pm
Pink, eh? Seems like a lot of people don't like it. I need to come up with a new outfit anyway, so I'm going to try to incorporate pink in there just for the heck of it xD
Mon May 09, 2011 8:48 pm
Haha Amurita that would be cool. I like it on other people but not me. Though NOBODY can beat JuanaLene at wearing pink on this site. She makes Pink look Smexyful! Yes XD

Knight of Zantarni
Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 am
Hahah, that's true. Juanalene = Pink!
Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 pm
Your Avie Amurita is all types of awesomeness!

Knight of Zantarni
Wed May 11, 2011 5:21 am
Thanks again! This shade of blue is surprisingly hard to find in other items, so I had to use these shoes with it. I do like how this jacket looks with the shirt though, so I wanted to keep it on.
Page 4 of 4