Won't ever wear that!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19]
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:33 pm
AH HA!! Page 3! Woop
welll I would say, REALLY big items just like amurita XD
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 pm
Woot~ good job xD

I'm glad someone else also agrees with my dislike of big items. The bulky-ness of them always gets me.
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:59 am
Pink. I'm allergic. >.>'

A light peachy pink is acceptable. Barely...
And a purple-fuchsia can be done for shock value.

But that's about it.

There was some item in specific I remember seeing once that made me go, 'uh, nooooo.' but I can't remember what it was now.

-hm, tastes like chikin.
Vote me if you like my Trinity Blood outfit?
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 am
There is actually quite a bit of those purple-fuchsia colours on here. It always kind of confused me though because I always think of them as more of a purple colour.

I wonder though, what item you were thinking of that you'd never wear.
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 am
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to keep my avatar's hair and/or colour. Part of it is holdover from Gaia where it costs to change hairdo, but it's also because I think it's more realistic to keep it.

To get more on-topic, I never wear the Headless Cloak because it looks weird when worn. I rarely wear full-face masks because most of them are for smaller eyes, and I like using the big ones.

I never use the Vampire Sleeves because it keeps unequipping most of the items I want to match with it. Crying or Very sad

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm
^I can understand the appeal of staying in character. When I was active on gaia before I never used to change my hair either, mainly because it cost money. But when I did change it, it was always blue because that was the signature mark of my avatar. But when I expanded out to other sites where it was free to change hair, like Zantarni and Menewsha, it felt quite liberating. So now I like to change my hair to suit my outfit.

In theory, I like the headless cloak, but I also like it less when equipped. I think it's just the shape.

I like to use the vampire sleeves too, but you're right they do unequip with some nice stuff. I did use them quite often before, but not recently. Talking about them though, kind of makes me want to use them.
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:04 pm
I rarely use pets of any kind. It's not so much that I don't like them - on the contrary, there are quite a few pets that I absolutely adore - but I can never seem to find a place for them >.> With the rare exception, of course ^^
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:08 pm
I don't try to avoid any item, because I know the less used ones are better challenge to work with than if I stick with only items I find I like... if I did I'd never be able to find a new fashion to dress with, and I feel that's lately what it's been heading to, my balance has been thrown off. XD' Reading this has reminded me that risks are what can make an avatar look great. 0.o

Although, there's one item on the top of my head that I've avoided using, a Peruvian mask~ when I create an avatar it almost never goes around a mask, so when I get to adding it on it seems to throw my character off o 3o'

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 pm
The only thing that I think is a no-no is wearing both wings and a cape. It's just not practical. I know it's tempting, I've done it myself, but I always end up taking one-or-the-other off (thank you Chanel).

The other thing is that the masks always make people look eyelash-less which creeps me out, so I don't wear a mask unless is black. Which is a shame, because I have the White Armour Mask, but I don't use it. I wish they'd make the eye holes big enough to show the eyelashes...

*edit*
The Valencia and Kaimana dresses are my favorite Zan items. Now, with this event, we finally have decent dresses to go under them!

Siggeh by Manda of HeartsEnchanted.com
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:46 pm
@Stormwhisper: I have the same problem, I've been able to use pets in my outfits sometimes, but most of the time they never really fit in. Even if I want to use them.
-pets my neglected pets-

@Inspire: I understand what you're saying, when people can pull off the not-so-pretty looking items, an avi can turn out really great looking. I remember someone made a great outfit with those seashell crowns that I've never been able to use.

I really like the peruvian mask myself, it just feels so...exotic I guess, and I really like it. I've used it a few times, but not really that much.

@Crystal Charee: Hahah, I have that same reasoning with having weapons in both hands xD

I'll admit though, I'm pretty sure I have worn capes with wings...I can't help it, I just love them both separately that I have to put them together, even though it probably wouldn't work out too well if it was real.

I haven't really noticed the lash problem myself, except with some more recent masks, like the peacock one, I feel like the eye is shaped weird with it.

And ditto with the medea dresses. I actually made an outfit with the purple one not too long ago with the kraqu dress.
Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm
Note: The reason Nema's look is so signature to her is partially due to the fact that the twirly hair was unavailable for a long while, if I remember correctly. She really was the only person with it.

The only items I can think of right now that I don't like are the 2010 hats and circlets. I just hate things with numbers. Or at least, those ones. The colors don't help matters either.

Actually, I think I just dislike most hat items in general.

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am
Oh yeah, I think I remember that. Nevertheless, I've found some other people who always keep the same hair style that have always been available to everyone or some other feature do seem like a part of their signature style.

I'm not a fan of the 2010 items either. Firstly, I've always had the biased thought with things that are named after a certain year, that they never feel relevant anymore when you past that date.

Plus, I just don't really like the look of it either ^^;

I like hat items, but I just wish I could wear the different types of them at the same time.
Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:31 am
Rav doesnt like the horns, or the skeletal items. if i had the Fumashuriken, though, i would totally wear it constantly. with my giant spork. whether or not it went with my outfit. Yes (if anyone would like to get rid of theirs, PM me the price. that or the enchanted naginata. i'll do it even if i have to mine my fingers off!)

i also don't like the full-face masks. the half-face ones are win, though.

also, i won't wear most of the shoes/boots. they usually don't layer right with what i want to wear them with. i like the sandals (even though some of them don't layer right either), but not the full-foot shoes.

*edit*
another person with signature hair is Paganbeer. its always the green twirly kind! i dont know why, though. the way my hair looks on Zan is approximately the way it looks irl, except i dont have colored strands and i have way more "poof". also, i normally wear it up in a ponytail, but that just wouldnt look right in a fantasy avatar.
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 pm
There's no specific items that Death "dislikes" other than most of the masks... they just have a creepy quality to them.

Death's only other complaint is some of the wings (Frozen is the one that comes to mind) are soo beautiful, or at least they would be if they weren't so tiny. The small wings really bother Death because most of the wings here are so beautiful, but so small...

Want to RP?
http://www.zantarni.com/enlightened-fantasy-rp-t52992.html
Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 am
I'm not to fond of the peace dresses, call me crazy but i just really dont like them that much..... and i guess the dragon dresses are alright but they're def. not my favorite.
Page 3 of 4