Won't ever wear that!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19]
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 pm
There are a few things I won't wear... I do not like the valencia/Medea hat and dress for males (just my own preference), the bruces and the domestic cats (I just think they could have been done so much better than they were).

I don't like the over-sized weapons such as two-handed swords and I really dislike all the orb items, they ended up being a major disappointment from what they were originally discussed to be. . .and to not to have included helmets seems a major oversight.

(The original discussion even talked about the original Dark Orbs containing a dragon. . .not sure if it was to be more of a background creature or not) I used to have a link to some of the items that were designed for the original orbs, but I lost the link, it was to be clothing and weapons and things magic from what I remember.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 am
^I can see what you're staying about the medea dress, as it does look a bit feminine imo.

I also agree with you on the bruces (speaking of which, what a wierd name for a creature xD ). But, I find the domestic cats to be cute personally, the only thing i don't like is that they all have pink scarves, so it's harder to use them in outfits.

I've never been a huge fan of oversized weapons or items in general myself. However, I do like the two handed-swords, though I've always found it wierd that our avi's only carry them with one hand xp

When the armor came out I was a little disappointed too. I liked some of the weapons, like the level 1 or 2 weapons because they were smaller, but I expected something more myself. The armor I found, just got to be way to bulky and excessive as it increased in lvl, while the lower lvled ones were too plain. And I agree it would've been good to include helmets. But with so much of the armor in the market as well, it really helped to diminish the specialness that it should have had I think. If the original and crystal orbs had had different items that would've been great.

In terms of wearing the items though, I've incorporated the items before. Oh, i just remembered one of my outfits i used before where it got into the top 10:

Too bad you lost those links, it would've been interesting to see.

At least there's still some hope for the dark orb since they haven't opened yet. Assuming it will open one day. I bet the items will be super expensive too considering so little people have dark orbs, esp people who are still active today.
Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:20 pm
the horns
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 pm
^Wow, you don't like the horns on Zantarni? They're actually one of the more popular items on the site.
Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Yeah, I like the horns a lot...

I also don't like a lot of the masks like the scary mask, cyclops head, and the masks from last year's Halloween event...

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:41 pm
I usually try to keep my avi's original hair color (dark brown) and just change the strands.
I noticed the hair makes a bigger difference than the clothes most of the time.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:45 pm
I normally will refuse to wear more than two items from the same set at the same time. I prefer one but two is ok.

But I will NEVER wear the Pharaoh Ankh. I think its tacky looking and poorly positioned.
Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 pm
Hmm… I haven't posted here before, but I always meant to.

Some things I would never use: the Creepy Spider >.> …the Bruces or Domestic Cats; quite a few of the masks, including (but probably not exclusive to) Cyclops, Vampire, Zombie, Mummy; and… the Fumashuriken >.< (!!!!).

Those are the items that spring to mind.

On a more positive note, I love how some people's avatars are instantly recognisable when you see them online, without even checking their name. They have a "look" they've created which is identifiable as their personal style, no matter which outfit they are wearing.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 pm
Laughing And lady Nema just happens to be one of those people who's avatar is recognizable. ^.~

Oh I almost forgot about the Fumashuriken! I greatly dislike that weapon!
Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm
*blush* Thank you for saying so, Lady Miko.

Yes, the Fumashuriken is pretty dire. I think I'd wear almost anything off my "no" list, in preference to that… but not the Creepy Spider, because I can't stand having it anywhere near me. When we got them during whatever event it was, I had to give mine away instantly, as I couldn't stand seeing it in my wardrobe. >.>

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 am
@Shugga: I'm fine with wearing the smaller masks, but I tend to avoid wearing the whole head ones (ie minotaur, vampire, etc). I dunno why, I guess I just like showing the avi's face.

@Manah: Hair can be important and can bring together an outfit. However, some people don't like to change it as part of their character. In those cases, I just look past the hair or other features and look at the rest of the clothes. I mean, in rl I don't change my hair drastically every time I change, so I just think of it like that.

@Miko: I don't like wearing more than 2 either. It's probably the influence of joining avatar sites over the years, but wearing too much of the same set feels unoriginal...but it looks so good together that at times I can't help it.

I actually like the pharoah ankh, I don't use it much but I have used it in my outfits at least once.

@Nema: I agree with Miko that you are very recognizable. When I see blue elf skin, white twirly hair and purple eyes I think: Nema.

Curious though, are you one of those people who are deathly afraid of spiders?

I don't mind how the fumashuriken looks, but...I can never make a good outfit with it! Those colours just don't seem to match anything D':
Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:51 pm
Yes, Lady Amurita, how did you guess? I am terrified of spiders and having that pixel version in my inventory was (almost) as bad as finding a massive one in my RL wardrobe would be… It also gives me the creeps when people wear it on their head…

I intensely dislike the Fumashuriken, as you may have gathered.

Regarding masks, I was thinking about this after I posted here yesterday. Not to give the wrong impression on this, I recognise that those masks that I listed are very well made, and other people look great in them, with the right outfit. Those particular ones are just "not for me".

I have had great fun with Zan masks, though… I've fairly recently made outfits with The Red Devil and the Orc Mask, I love the Minotaur for some reason (it's cute!), and I even wore The Joker during one Halloween.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 pm
Hahah, my sister-in-law is like that too. It can be amusing at times, but not when she needs someone to kill a spider for her ;]

I've also seen people make great outfits with those kinds of mask as well, so I don't really dislike them either but it's one of those harder items to use.
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm
the bruce, the ugly golem thing that I didn't get because it was so ugly

I'll wear pink but I'll never wear that bruce thing

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm
What about the pink bruce? I bet you'd love that ;]

I was never motivated to get the bruce's either during that event. Come to think of it though, I've hardly seen anybody dress up with a bruce.
Page 2 of 4