What's your Current Avatar Style?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19]
Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:30 pm
Everyone has a different style or concept in their head that they are going for when they create an avatar. Sometimes the style is to match, or not match, to use monochrome or maybe to wear all you can wear vs. going for simplicity.

Also, sometimes we go for a concept. Like in Spring I might find myself choosing more pinks or happy colors.

► Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?

► Do you have a certain something you were going for in your current avi?

This is not a rating thread but feel free to post and ask for comments on your style.
Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:37 pm
I usually go for a dark/evil but pretty/sometimes cute theme...
And sometimes I'll have something else in mind, sometimes I'll be in the mood to wear something more elegant or something more sexy, and sometimes I'll try to base an outfit on a certain item or a certain color that I want thrown in with my blue and black...

My current theme is winter of course, but I wanted to keep the dark theme so I went with a little black too...

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:47 pm
ShuggaMagnolia wrote:

My current theme is winter of course, but I wanted to keep the dark theme so I went with a little black too...

Your avatar is really stunning. You certainly did achieve what you were going for. I love the way the black is seen from top to bottom in the different items and the deep blue of the cloak is in the mist of more icy tones with the deep blue accents of necklace and eye. So all in all very masterfully done. Do you spend some time crafting them? Or is it more like a frenzy of creativity, lol?
Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:06 pm
Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?

Avatar Talk on Gaia ruined me FOREVER. So I do have a tendency to match all of my items. I'm not picky enough for my hair or eyes to have to match though so I either have silver or orange hair.

Do you have a certain something you were going for in your current avi?

Christmas Eve. I don't think I need to say much more XD

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:25 pm
Thank you Umaeril... :3
I always do my best to balance out all colors, I hate having too much of one color on top or bottom without something to even it all out...
And I take a long time making them usually cause I'm so picky...
XD
Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 pm
Kiolentia wrote:

Christmas Eve. I don't think I need to say much more XD

I understand about Avatar Talk though I am not an AT'er since "close" is good enough for me, but I do get what you are saying. Your current avatar is very warm and inviting and totally Christmas eve, you really nailed what you were aiming for. I love those tones, they remind me of mulled cider and cinnamon and the scents then just immediately come to mind.

ShuggaMagnolia wrote:

And I take a long time making them usually cause I'm so picky...
XD

Oh yeah I am with you on this one! Some people can just whip something up really fast. I have no idea how they do it, lol. I try to match (and generally fail) and I try to find appropriate accessories. I just wish that Zan had earrings and also allowed multiple layering of head items.
Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:12 am
I randomly give my avatar a dress or outfit..
Very less item in inventory is the first factor..
And also, I have no idea how to make my avatar beautiful! Crying or Very sad
I tried to make it winter theme but ended like the current one~ Sigh

Heart Please Click My Pet Heart
Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:34 am
I usually try to go the elegant route." Lotus spoke, looking at her dressed avatar. "I think my avi still needs a bit of work, but it's a work in progress at least. I think I am about ready to change it. Items are addicing."
Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:30 pm
Quote:
► Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?

I have to match all the time, usually.Atleast one item should match with another or both of the 2 colours should complement each toher. And my eyes HAVE to be the colour of my dress, no doubt.
Hairstyle depends on the outfit.

Quote:
► Do you have a certain something you were going for in your current avi?

Not exactly but it turned out to be
Bells all around Very Happy

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:27 am
Amabas, I think you did well but somehow they made the outfit icy so it is less vibrant. But it is well balanced and I think you got somewhat of a winter theme there. I can make you an avi if I know what you have and what you can spend and what you like too. Or we could work together on one in a thread. So make a thread if you want and I will come and talk to you there. Maybe others will too.

Lotus you achieved your goal you are very elegant or close to it. The pink above does not quite go, you could lose that and maybe put in bells or something just silver. Also I think you need silver shoes if Zan makes them. Very nice though.

Lipsa I love your avi and "Bells All Around" it is, very nice. I have seen enough of your avatars to know you need to match something so you always seem to have a nice avi and generally a cheerful one. Are you a cheerful person overall? :]
Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 am
Uma: Thank you <3
Awwww, thank you <3 I love matchy matchy...

I would like to think so =D

Generally, yes. I tend to stay happy even in bad times p: Maybe I am in denial P:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:16 pm
Lipsa wrote:
Uma: Thank you <3
Awwww, thank you <3 I love matchy matchy...

I would like to think so =D

Generally, yes. I tend to stay happy even in bad times p: Maybe I am in denial P:

Nothing wrong with being an appropriately happy natured person. I say appropriately because I guess one could be inappropriately happy. o__O Too happy...manic, well that would not be good.

Don't you wish that Zan allowed more accessories? Like earrings? And allowed multiple head items to be equipped?
Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:35 pm
I always have to match... And I usually include my horns. :3 I just wouldn't be my normal self if I didn't. I usually try to incorperate red or white into my outfits, they're pretty colors, and though they may not be my favorite colors, but they have a wide variety of shades in the clothing on Zantarni. Very Happy

As for a particular theme with this avatar... I guess I was trying to center my avatar aound my Belled Sword. <3 I was going for a warrior kind of look without a lot of heavy armour.

Art by Lyht <3
Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm
I've never used any other hairstyle than this one XD And I prefer to leave the color unchanged, too. No idea why, it just doesn't feel right if my hair isn't brown^^ (For some reason, changing eye color seems less strange to me...)
I usually choose a color or a specific item and try to make somthing good-looking. They're mostly quite simple without too many items (I bet everyone else on this site uses a lot more items than I do xD) While this is mostly random, I tend to use white/golden items a lot^^

My current avi is just a random holiday/winter-themed outfit. I didn't really think that much about it. I'll probably make another one once I have all event items.

EDIT: I'd LOVE to be able to equip horns and other head items at the same time. So my naga mule could wear a nice tiara or something. Q_Q

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 pm
Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?
I almost always have to match. Annoys me most times if I don't. Usually I stick to 2-3 hairstyles and rarely venture past that. My eye color is always green unless I'm wearing cat eyes. When I first started playing I wore green all the time, but now I trying out everything. Who knows... Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. Smile

Do you have a certain something you were going for in your current avi?
I never get much of a chance to wear pinks or purples as I'm not very adventurous with those colors. With the new DI's that came out this month I decided to take a chance and trying something new and a bit of color blending. Smile

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3