What's your Current Avatar Style?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Avatar Courtyard [Nov.'19]
Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 am
@ Scarlet - I know what you mean about red and white here, that is a good combo to do, lots to choose from. Right now you are doing purple and green, a brave and bold combo! I love it. You must have a bold nature! I have those little dinky green horns too, aren't they the cutest!

@ Manah - how interesting, the same hair, wow, but you are not alone in that I have met others who won't change hairstyle or color. At this other site I go to when I first arrived I would not change my hair from purple for the longest time. But then I did and it was . Like freedom! So you like white and gold too, so do I. There is something beatific about that combination. Clean, uplifting, dashing with the gold. You did a great job on your current. Oooh naga with a tiara...festive! ^__^

@ Harafas - another matchy person, I don't blame you one bit! And what a nice job you did too. I love the purple and blue, it looks fantastic and I also like that little swirl you are standing on, nice! What is that?
Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 pm
Umaeril wrote:
@ Harafas - another matchy person, I don't blame you one bit! And what a nice job you did too. I love the purple and blue, it looks fantastic and I also like that little swirl you are standing on, nice! What is that?

Thank you very much. Smile The silver swirl is called Silver Aura and I think it was a quest item, and not an event item, from the St. Yorick's Day event. I can't remember exactly because I've slept since then. lol I'll send you one if I can locate another one. Smile

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."
Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 am
Thank you so much, that was so thoughtful of you! Really I am very grateful. Did you quest that from this event just past? If so, I had no idea there were quests but I am not a very questy person, lol. I did look at some profiles and got some items. Very Happy

I better PM you to say thanks in case you don't see this!
Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:13 am
You're welcome. Smile

When there are quests during events the front page has an announcement about it to let you know when they're up. I love the challenge so I try to do every quest. Smile

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."
Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:19 pm
I would try but I have so little time on here as it is. Today I have been on a while {Woop} but usually I get only minutes.
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 am
► Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?

I believe my style is simple & elegant. Sometimes I may need several items, sometimes not so much. I like my hair the same cut/style, but I play around with colours to match my outfits. I try to stay true to how I have my character in my mind's eye: a fae raised by dragonflies. Wink

► Do you have a certain something you were going for in your current avi?

I didn't go for anything in particular with this design ... still learning the ropes here, mining for gold, and having loads of fun shopping for new items for my wardrobe!!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 am
I would say you have achieved your look, it is quiet and elegant. Do you have those fairy wings I have seen around? How do you shop for items, do you have to gain zg's? Just curious. When did you arrive anyhow? You look really good for someone new so you must have been around a while?

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 pm
Umaeril wrote:

► Do you have an overall style (like do you have to match all the time, or is there one hairstyle you have to use, or one color you always wear)?

I'd say my overall style is always having to match and not being overly cluttered. Like I read someone else write, while I didn't hang around the AT that much when I was on Gaia I did get slightly influenced by how everyone was matchy-matchy on there. But then when I went to Menewsha I hung around their avatar forum a lot and really got into the whole matching thing, plus the not using too much items from the same set...to try and be more creative.

I don't like how most of the avis I saw in those forums though were really cluttered though. I prefer a more moderate amount of items.

As for my current look, I wanted to go with something more bright since my last avi was a darker blue/black theme...though now that I think about it the hint in the black and blue in my avi does make it more cool looking.

But anyways, I also really like the Twilight top so I based it off that. I also liked how it layered over this bow, so I kind of imagine it like the bow is able to shoot some colourful magic thingy xD

Defender of the Realm
Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm

I just play around with my wardrobe until I find something I like.

I am the Dragon Master *bows and chuckles*

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm
@Amurita - Your avi is really well matched! I see what you mean about your style preferences. I agree about less cluttered, or at least looking like you are less cluttered while wearing a lot. And the Twilight top is beautiful the way you have it layered there. Really well done avatar.

@ Scarz - Hehe, I usually do the same thing. I might get a fancy for an item and use that as a starting point sometimes, but usually it is very random what I wear. I think you have really achieved a Dragon Master look and I love the 3 colors, the red, white and gold, really snaps.
Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:38 pm
Umaeril, I like your current avatar a lot, its so cute... :3
And the colors are nicely balanced, I like how there's just a little gold throughout with the trim on the jacket and in the eyes...

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 am
ShuggaMagnolia wrote:
Umaeril, I like your current avatar a lot, its so cute... :3
And the colors are nicely balanced, I like how there's just a little gold throughout with the trim on the jacket and in the eyes...

Thanks Shugga so much, I worked on it for a considerable amount of time, lol. These avatars do not come quickly for me. I love yours I know that one day after Valentine's day I'll do one in blue and black. Were you the one who was thinking about doing a red blue and black Valentine's day avi?
Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 am
*a Shugga mule*

You're welcome Umaeril and thank you too... :3

And yep yep, this is what I came up with so far...

I'm working on a few more though, using various Valentine's Day items...

Tarcia=Shugga
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 am
I try to wear the fox ears and tail with whatever outfit I make. I know they are fox stuff but I pass them off as wolf items :3
Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:01 pm
Shugga your mule looks exceptionally well!

Riley, are you of a lycanthropic persuasion?
Page 2 of 3