What's the weather doing at your location?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 6, 7, 8  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 am
I woke up to thunder and lightning this morning fully expecting rain and we got about 4 drops *sighs*, so today it was hot . . .and muggy (a rarity for Vegas).

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:56 pm
I just woke up from a nap and my eyes must not be working yet. I read that as "thunder and sighing". XD

We got a little rain but not enough. Enough to make the road not so dusty though. Very Happy It's hot and muggy again today.

Defender of the Realm
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 pm
*chuckles* probably because I was doing a lot of *sighing* as I really wanted to see rain, milady.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:03 am
XD Awww, Sir Scarz. *hugs* I shall try to send you some of ours. We finally got quite a bit of rain last night. We live in an odd place I guess because most of the time rain goes around us, especially bad storms, and we only get it if the sky is a solid sheet of grey. I'm thankful we miss the bad storms but sometimes we could really use the rain and it goes around us. You can actually see on the radar how storms tend to go around this area and go to the north or south of us. Weird. *shakes head*

Right before it started raining last night I took Max out to potty and my dad came out to check on his little pond. All of a sudden lightning hit very close and scared us all so bad that we ran for the door. XD Too bad someone didn't have us on video because I'm sure we looked like a bunch of scaredy cats.

I have no idea what the weather will be like today. Probably hot and muggy. I'm going to try to go swimming so I hope the creek isn't up.

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:03 pm
Where you live sounds a lot like where I live in regards to rain. . .many times it rains all around us and skips where I live. . .we are in the middle of what is called "monsoon" season, but it has not been a very wet "monsoon". . .more like a "none-to-soon".

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 pm
Scarz wrote:
"none-to-soon".

Very appropriate description. XD

We actually shouldn't be getting any rain right now but I'm glad we are.

Defender of the Realm
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 pm
*sighs* it's beginning to look even more like "not at all". . .the rain keeps going around us.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:56 pm
Oh poo. Sad

We haven't had any since I last mentioned it. It's just hot and humid here. It's supposed to cool down into the mid-eighties this week. We'll see. *shrugs*

The poor birds are taking lots of baths today. XD

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 am
Here, about 25 grackles have taken shelter under our big elm tree in the backyard. It is so funny to watch them running or hopping across the backyard. . .it used to be only one big male would come to my bedroom door (French doors) and stare in to see if I was here when he was hungry, today I had three different ones come up to the door to check it out, pretty funny.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:42 pm
XD You might need to move if they learn how to ring the doorbell. LOL

We had a gullywasher last night. Very Happy Picture this. Cicily, 1948. (Just kidding. Little Golden Girls reference there. XD) I had just taken a shower and went outside to help Dad start the fire for dinner. The plan was to have hotdogs and S'mores. I noticed the sky looked pretty angry so I told everyone to hurry up and cook their food. I cooked mine and went inside as my mom was cooking hers. My Dad piddled around but finally got his cooked but my brother never did because he got an important phone call. Suddenly, it started to rain. Dad went out with an umbrella to cook my brother's food but it started pouring so fast it already had the fire almost out. I went out to help and was just in time to see the poinsettia I brought back from the dead get blown down the basement steps. Shocked I ran down to get it and went back to rescue the other two that I have perched along the wall along the basement steps. By the time I got done I was soaking wet and felt like I'd taken two showers. XD By the way, the poinsettia only lost a couple of leaves, and my brother ate brats cooked on the George Foreman grill in the kitchen. Sigh

Today it's sunny. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm
The weather here is ... well, it should be interesting for the next day or so given the storm that's headed roughly this way. I haven't yet checked the current track, but if it stays along the east coast of Florida, today especially should be a lovely day here. Tomorrow will probably be windy and rainy regardless - it's just a matter of degree

edit: We're under a heat advisory for today, apparently. And the hurricane is looking like it's going up the east coast (and it's only a category 1, so no big deal). It's looking like we might be feel some of it on Sunday now instead of on Saturday.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:18 pm
I'm glad you're not getting slammed by the hurricane, Queen Blaze. Heart I was wondering about that but I forgot to ask. I don't pay much attention to hurricane details since I'm landlocked. Embarassed Now, if someone says tornado, my ears perk up. XD

It was raining this morning, so odd for July, um...I mean August. XD It's dry now but still cloudy. It's been chilly the last couple of mornings.

Defender of the Realm
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 pm
Another day over 110 F (112, right now) and pure boredom, I feel like I could be at work right now, but still haven't gotten the go ahead from my doctor and she seems to be talking about not giving me the OK until late September. . .*sighs*

I have been looking so forward to the start of the Stanley Cup playoffs, only to be disappointed by the NHL. . .I thought the NHL would be immune to the "social justice" garbage, but getting ready to watch the Blackhawks' game, all of a sudden I am being preached to about social justice. . .then the American National Anthem is played and we have someone kneeling????? Did they kneel during the Canadian National Anthem, too??? Because I didn't hang around to see. . .as soon as the guy took a knee, I was out of there.

I found out afterwards that they did NOT kneel for the Canadian National Anthem. . .if this is not about disrespecting OUR National anthem, shouldn't they have knelt for the Canadian one, too. . .Damn, I really was looking forward to watching hockey and they ruined it, too!

Queen of the Realm
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 pm
The weather here is hot and sunny, but generally pretty nice out today. Temps, according to the local weather, were upwards of 96* with a "real feel" of 110*... so definitely hot!

And yes, we have a hurricane coming. Tomorrow, I think (hard to tell with the hurricane), should be pretty nice here in the morning and then we'll probably start getting bands of rain as the thing moves north.

I'd rather deal with hurricanes -and all the advance notice you get with them- than to have to deal with those sporadic crazy tornadoes! (although we do get some tornadoes here too sometimes)

I understand your frustration, Scarz. If I watched sports, I wouldn't be supporting the teams right now either. I don't want the opinions of sports people or movie stars - they get paid to entertain, so entertain (or play)! If I want a lecture I'll take a class. If I want to feel guilty about something, I'll go to church... XD

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
I understand your frustration, Scarz. If I watched sports, I wouldn't be supporting the teams right now either. I don't want the opinions of sports people or movie stars - they get paid to entertain, so entertain (or play)! If I want a lecture I'll take a class. If I want to feel guilty about something, I'll go to church... XD

That is exactly the way I feel, your Majesty. . .it truly sucks. . .

As to the Hurricanes, I am not a fan of them or tornadoes, so I guess I will just have to deal with the desert heat *sighs*

Page 7 of 8