What's the weather doing at your location?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 4, 5, 6  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:02 am
The sun came out today. It was really nice to see it after all the rain! It's still humid and relatively hot, though (I think it was about 85*F today).

75* has you turning on the heat, Scarz? Wow - that wins over most Floridians' inability to deal with the cold - I'm impressed! XD

Good luck with the rain Rayven. I guess it's your turn for it! XD

LOL Kaderin! The whole "I have an umbrella" thing was my motto once upon a time, but rain in Florida is usually either absolutely torrential, making the umbrella utterly useless, or inconsequential enough to make an umbrella pointless, so I stopped carrying one. Enjoy the rain and the moisture!
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:49 pm
The rain here can be pretty hit or miss for umbrella use tbh. We can get:
Very heavy rainfall: useless
Very light spitting rainfall: not worth using
Medium rainfall: perfect umbrella rain
Any of the above plus wind: useless

But this time of year, I try to carry one with me just in case.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 pm
Scarz wrote:
Gawd, I had to turn the heater on here in Vegas, we are in the middle of a cold snap. . .I don't know if I can handle 75 degree weather!!!!

*blinks rapidly* Shocked Sir Scarz, I don't recommend you moving away from Las Vegas. I think you'd die anywhere else. XD

*pinches Ratwyrm and runs away*

Thanks, Queen Blaze. You'd just couldn't resist sharing some of your rain, could you? XD

I don't think we got quite as much as they predicted but we might get more tonight. If I'm lucky, it might dry out by the 4th of July. Rolling Eyes

Kaderin-That reminds me of the time that I was on break at work when my umbrella turned itself inside out at least 3 times. Until then I thought that only happened in the movies. XD You seem like an umbrella expert. I could have used some of your knowledge. LOL
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 pm
Rayven
*is pinched*
Hmm. yes. I, too, know that I'm that irresistible. 😌

TODAY WAS A TOUCH HUMID. IM NOT READY FOR SUMMER
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 pm
If the wind is really strong, there's no way to prevent that, but in just average/moderate winds, this may help:
Don't carry your umbrella like they do in the movies (straight up and down), it makes it easier for a gust of wind to lift the umbrella, much like it would a short skirt.

Do hold your umbrella at an angle like in animal crossing. Unless your umbrella is super tiny, you should be able to rest the pole part of it against your shoulder and still have the umbrella edge cover your head (and now part of your back too!) while blocking the wind.

Unfortunately if you're walking into the wind, nothing can help and umbrellas are generally useless at that point anyway.
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:04 pm
True. If winds are that strong, at that point umbrellas are useless. But it's kinda fun to experience the wind almost lifting me off the ground when holding the umbrella wrongly. 🧐 i feel sorta like Mary Poppins.

today has fairly good weather with sunny clear skies sitting at 85 ish temps
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:41 pm
I'm jealous! I'm too heavy to be lifted by an umbrella and the wind. They break well before lifing me. But when I was a kid, I used to get lifted by the wind occasionally if I held my jacket just right. Or when carrying my giant foam board science fair display. That thhing was great for getting temporary, minor airtime.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:45 pm
Shocked Conceited much? Razzzz *pulls the cowl down over Ratwyrm's face* XD

Kaderin Triste wrote:
this may help:
Don't carry your umbrella like they do in the movies (straight up and down), it makes it easier for a gust of wind to lift the umbrella, much like it would a short skirt.

Thank you for the tip. Very Happy That's exactly what I was doing wrong. Embarassed

I'm jealous of the both of you! I've never even come close to being lifted. The wind has pushed me a few times but apparently I was chonky even as a kid. XD

It didn't even get to 70 today. Grr

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:38 pm
Right now, the sun is out. I have no idea of humidity levels, though, which can take a temperature from "nice day" to "gasping for air sauna" in the blink of an eye. I'll find that out soon enough when I go to walk the dogs. Otherwise, the summer weather pattern of afternoon/evening storms seems to be starting up around here again, and the temperatures are definitely rising. Hello summer in Florida Rolling Eyes

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:26 pm
I think it's going to be another hot one today. I've got to get my outside chores done before it gets too hot.
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 am
*readjusts my cowl* I only speak the true. Cool

Today was cool, absolutely perfect weather to take a walk!!!
but I didn't. ha.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 am
XD

It's only supposed to get up to 86 today. It should be a lovely day! I'll have to take Max for a walk before church. Very Happy He's too chubby to handle the afternoon heat. XD
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:49 pm
It's kind of chilly and breezy and probably going to rain.
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 pm
The best type of weather is outside. Brisk but sunny.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:12 am
I believe it's going to be sunny and hot again today.
Page 5 of 6