What's the weather doing at your location?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:06 pm
LOL Rayven! Sure... come on down! XD There's plenty of beaches around here ... and they're really pretty too!

Scarz, I hate to break it to you, but spotlights bouncing off of sequins, or being in the middle of the desert... neither of those things count as a "beach" XD

I haven't checked the forecast but by looking out the window, it seems cloudier than usual around here today, so we'll see what that means as the day progresses...
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:06 pm
Are you sure? after all we do have sharks and porpoises. . .(Mandalay Bay - sharks; Mirage - porpoises). . .although the "sunny beaches" I am talking about have to do with the two-legged variety and a very old joke my Dad used to tell me (over and over and over again and it has more to do with someone related to a female dog than sun and sand
- I told you it was an old joke).

Queen of the Realm
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:40 pm
I can only imagine Scarz! XD

I'd ask why Vegas has sharks and porpoises, given that it's land-locked, but we all know the answer is "because Vegas", so I guess we'll just leave it at that! XD

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:12 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
I can only imagine Scarz! XD

I'd ask why Vegas has sharks and porpoises, given that it's land-locked, but we all know the answer is "because Vegas", so I guess we'll just leave it at that! XD

Yes, Your Majesty, that is the correct answer. . .Because it is Vegas!

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
LOL Rayven! Sure... come on down! XD There's plenty of beaches around here ... and they're really pretty too!

spotlights bouncing off of sequins

Thanks, Queen Blaze. I'm sure they are. Very Happy

I didn't even think about the sequins. XD

Sir Scarz, I never would have guessed what your "beaches" are. XD

*points to your avi* Sir Scarz of Las Vegas. Nice. Cool

Defender of the Realm
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 pm
Rayven wrote:
Sir Scarz, I never would have guessed what your "beaches" are. XD

*points to your avi* Sir Scarz of Las Vegas. Nice. Cool

The only thing that would make it more perfect was if I had Elvis sunglasses on. . . .Thank you, thank you, very much Wink

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:59 am
You're welcome. Very Happy Now, that is an idea...Elvis sunglasses. XD

Very cute little Elvis smiley. I believe I've seen it all now. XD

We got a lot of rain yesterday. I carried in the groceries during a torrential downpour. Sigh We needed the rain though so I'm thankful.

Queen of the Realm
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 pm
It's sunny, hot, and humid. In other words, it's "Florida" out there XD It's actually not that bad out there today, but the humidity is definitely more than it was yesterday.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:17 pm
Well, let's see. This morning it was cool and cloudy but this afternoon it's hot and sunny. Sounds about right for Missouri. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:08 am
The weather has been pushing me to want to move, as it does every summer. It was in the 100's last week, this week hasn't been that bad, but next week is set to be in the 110's. Why do I live here?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 pm
Riley wrote:
Why do I live here?

Ummmm...I'm not sure. XD We got very lucky this year with the heat. We usually get at least a couple of weeks that are 100+ but we stayed in the 90's I believe.

Today was pretty warm but it was nice. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:27 am
We're talking about moving to the east coast. It's just talk right now, but I'm going to check to see how many vacation hours I have left, and we're going to see about going to visit during the winter. Probably going to visit more than once to get a feel for the weather.

I think the heat waves are over. Hopefully. It was only in the low 90's today. Though it's rather smokey and muggy from the fires, so there's that. But now I can think about going outside to dig a hole. I need to plant the orange tree I bought.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:49 pm
I think this summer we have had 89 days over 100 F, they say we may have a few more days of 100 plus before the month is over. The biggest problem we have is that we didn't get much measurable rain from the monsoon season. They think we will soon pass the record of 150 days without measurable rain. . .that hurts more than the heat.

While I was out of work rehabilitating, we actually lost a few engineers (not covid related), but many have also retired or will be retiring, including one born and bred "desert rat" who actually is moving to Alabama, it will be his first time dealing with humidity, the creepy crawlies there as well as the different types of animals (like wild pigs, nutria, etc.) as well as tornadoes and hurricanes.

Another is getting ready to retire and move to South Carolina (but he is originally from Long Island). . .both are moving there as the cost of living is much better.

I have thought of moving, but when I think of other places, I think about tornadoes, hurricanes, snow storms, forest fires, earthquakes, etc. . .the heat here doesn't look so bad compared to those things.

I wish you luck with the possible East Coast move, despite the weather, I have been to beautiful places back East.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 pm
Riley-You don't want to move to the east coast, you'll just have to deal with hurricanes. You want to move to the midwest. You even have a friend there. *nonchalantly coughs and points to self* XD

Sir Scarz, tornadoes really aren't that bad most of the time. They are if you experience one up close and personal, but you can go your whole life and never have that happen. I've never been close enough to one for it to be a problem and neither has my dad who is 73. If you want to move to the midwest, I promise we'll do our best not to kill you or Riley. XD

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm
eh... I think I'd rather deal with hurricanes, when you have days of warning to prepare and ways to actually do that, instead of dealing with tornadoes that pop up completely randomly (we do get an occasional tornado here too but they're pretty rare). Besides if you're any further north than N. Carolina, hurricanes, if they come your way, aren't usually much of anything ... but then you start having to deal with snow (snow worthy of mentioning; it does snow in GA. once in a while but it tends to limit itself to an inch, if that) when you get north of Maryland/Delaware area...

And speaking of weather, I should probably check on recent activities in the tropics...

The weather here today, like the last few days, is overcast, hot, humid, and icky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11