What's The Last Movie You Saw? What Would You Rate It?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:50 am
I haven't been to the movies lately. I did watch some ice catastrophe movie on the Sci fi channel I guess frozen horror was in this year. The story seems corny but the special effect of the two meters that fell and cause the catastrophe was great. I loved the way crystals looked as they shot out of the ground. I would have liked to seen that on a much bigger screen. It made it seem as if it was actually going after certain people I would give it a rating of for it effects and background.
Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:07 am
Just went to see The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies.

Absolutely fantastic visuals! I'm not going to do any spoilers, in case someone's waiting to see it, but I will say that it was a FANTASTIC movie...until it wasn't.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:55 am
Currently watching Die Hard With A Vengeance. The Die Hard series is my favourite go to Christmas movies. Yes
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000

Eir

Eir
Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:06 pm
In the theatre: Mockingjay part 1.
I admit I didn't have terribly highhopes for it, but it was better than I expected. Rate it maybe 3-3.5/5

On tv: American Hustle.
what was up with all the zoom-ins?
The story is pretty standard sting-operation, characters are meh and it drags on forever.
Did however love Jennifer Lawrence's character/acting so it wasn't totally unbearable.
move 2/5
Jennifer Lawrence 8/5
Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 pm
Hmm. Lessie... The last movie I saw in theatres was... Geez, I think it was Guardians of the Galaxy. I LOVED it. I still don't own it. I can't wait to buy it! I'm such a nerd and I LOVE it!

Last movie I saw on TV was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2! Love the movie. I missed about half of it though.

The last movie I saw on TV (Netflix) that I had never seen before was... I forget because I saw two recently so it was either The Eagle with Channing Tatum - which is a pretty good movie but I like movies like this. He was a Centurion soldier. Good stuff. The other was Red Dawn, the new version with Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It was pretty good. But again, I like war and action movies lol.

WTB: Event Bows, Fiddle Bow - PM Me
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 am
The Mockingjay Part 1
I have not read the books nor do I plan to. Despite that, I really enjoyed it. There were a few parts that got my heartbeat going, lol

Interstellar
In general, I'm still not sure how I feel about this film. It wasn't bad, it was just one of those that I think needs to be watched at least twice. I really enjoyed the story, though there was a section that detracted from the overall plot in my opinion. But, there was a part where I just broke down and cried, and if a movie can get me to do that, then I give it serious props. The ability to tug on your audience's emotions is a skill. Definitely go see it.

Into The Woods
Fantastic movie based on the musical. If you are a fan of Disney and Grim Fair Tales, go see it. Meryl Streep was fantastic, and there was the most hilarious duo with Chris Pine. I think the movie could have ended sooner; I felt the last bit of plot was unnecessary. Overall, decent movie.
Angel Spirit Girl

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:49 pm
I saw The Hobbit : The Battle of Five Armies two weekends ago. I really liked it. The Special Effects, Makeup, Costumes, Cinematography, and all were great. I'd give it Five Stars out of five. <3
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:18 pm
The last movie I saw in the theatres was Mockingjay Part 1. I saw some reviews that gave it a lower score than the other movies, but I already read the book so I knew what I would expect going in. I have to say that I actually enjoyed the movie a lot more than I thought it would. Critics main complaints seem to be that it was slow, and I expected that it wouldn't be that action packed either, but what it did have I actually did enjoy. I have to say too, that even though I knew what to expect in the ending it was a lot more intense than I'd imagined it would be as well. Overall I'd give it a 3.5-4/5. I liked it better than the first movie, but not as much as the second.

I also saw The Interview recently. Admittedly, I only wanted to watch it because of all the controversy surrounding it. The movie turned out to be the type of movie I expected: partly funny, partly gross and no parts serious. I would say it was okay, maybe a 2.5-3/5.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:50 am
My husband and I saw The Imitation Game last night. Such an awesome film! Benedict Cumberbatch should win something for that role; he did a great job with his part. My only complaint about it was that it was full of British actors, whom I have a hard time understanding - something about their accent and tendency to mumble. Other than that, great film, most definitely go see it!
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:41 am
Tonight me and my sister watched the second Thor movie. Now I wish I had seen the adventures movie that time these two movies together.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:01 am
The hubby and I watched Blade Runner earlier. Good movie.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:42 am
Kingsman: The Secret Service
A spoof of the typical spy movie. Maybe worth watching once. I laughed a lot only because I knew it was going to be an awful movie. It was an awful movie but it was pretty darn funny. Eh, if you never watch it, you're not missing anything.

American Sniper
Am I the only one not in love with this movie? Am I the only one who is not worshiping Chris Kyle as a hero? It was only an okay movie in my opinion. Though, I suppose if I wanted to watch a good war movie, I'd go watch Black Hawk Down. The movie had some really good parts that I appreciated, but, honestly, I wasn't impressed. Worth watching at least once.

Gone Girl
Go watch this. Now. This was a very well done thriller. I'm not sure what to think of the ending, but this was a movie that kept my attention.
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:13 am
Maleficent
Amazing. Crazy amazing. I loved the story line, I loved the actors, sets, scenes, everything. Wow. I have always been a Maleficent fan and never really bought the Sleeping Beauty story Maleficent. She needed her own, and now she has one. 10/10

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:51 pm
Run All Night
I am always a fan of Liam Neeson, but his movies are pretty much the same. I enjoyed watching it because I knew what kind of movie it would be - entertaining and ultimately forgettable. But, I was able to enjoy it more because I didn't have any expectations from it. If you're board and want a shoot'em up action-y film, go watch it.
Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 pm
The Kingsmen.

It was better than I expected. It was exciting from start to finish. Hilarious at the end.

Never gonna happen ^
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13