What are your absolute Zan favorites?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm
So I'm curious....

What are your absolute, all-time favorites, across all of Zantarni, from any time since its beginnings 11 years ago...?

Arrow Forums?

Arrow Specific threads? Are they still active? (link?)

Arrow Activities: fishing, fighting, games, etc.?

Arrow Event(s)?

Arrow Clothing type: dresses, tunics, cloaks, armor, horns, animorph items (mermaid tails, centaur bottoms, Noxmare head), backgrounds, hats, masks, pets, hand-helds, etc.?

Arrow Specific pieces of clothing... and why? (please don't list everything... try to limit it to a handful of items - your absolute favorites!)

Arrow ... favorite "anything Zantarni" not mentioned above...

Exclamation bonus! What are your least favorite places, items, activities, etc., of the things listed above?

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:19 pm
*reserved*

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:51 pm
Forums?- Pubs and Clubs and Main Hall

Specific threads? Are they still active?-Of the threads that are not mine I would say SDD Hangout was my favorite, not active. The majority of my friends there left in 2010?

Activities-I sometimes fish. I haven't done much else since the systems were introduced.

Event-My favorite event was the 2007 bone event. I'm not biased because that's when I joined.

Clothing type- Horns are my favorite.

Specific pieces of clothing... and why?- The big horns are just so pretty to me. I've also always loved the Fake Angel wings and it is probably the only item I am on the look out for.

Exclamation bonus! What are your least favorite places, items, activities, etc., of the things listed above?

Forums?- Uhhh least favorite I'm not sure, there are a lot of forms I just don't go into anymore.

Activities-Lest fave is the games. They just don't seem put together or even necessary for a sight like this.

Event-Any event that involves town quests. I am really, really sick of them. They feel like a chore on a to-do list.

Clothing type- Pets and pants. Just in comparison to everything else they do nothing for me.

Specific pieces of clothing... and why?- Why were the furry pants a thing?

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:40 pm
Forums
I'd say the Pubs and Clubs, the Heroes Realm, and the Wordsmith's Nook are my favorites.

Specific threads
Right now, no one specific thread. I look for active threads, and post in those.

Activities
I only mine when I log on, only because that's my source of ZG. I fish when it's needed for quest items. But otherwise, these activities don't really interest me.

Events
I love all events, especially the Quests, because I love puzzles that make me think. And to get a little more honest, I don't know how I feel about posting for event currency (but how else would we get it?). I guess I have this expectation that more people would come out of the wood work for events, and that is true, but sort of. I want to help people, but I don't want people to rely on the Event Charity Thread. It's a balance that I seem to go back and forth on with every event, and I don't know what to think about that.

Clothing type
I like wings, and we do have a ton of wings. I really like the different types and colors of eyes, and would love to see more of them.

Specific pieces of clothing
Xmas wings because they are gorgeous, Bat Wings and Skull Armor Rib Cage because they are wicked cool. There are way too many to list Yes

~Least Favorite
Forums
The Gaming Tables. I honestly can't think of a sane reason why, but I really dislike this forum.

Activities
My least favorite would be the games, second would be training/fighting.

Event(s)
My least favorite part of events would be the lack of participation in contests. It feels like it's been a stretch to get the minimum number of entries just for a chance at one of the rare prizes.

Clothing type
It's hard for me to get pets to work with whatever outfit I create.

Mini wings, because I don't think they're easily seen, especially with longer hair styles.

Other
I'm not sure if this is possible or feasible, but if there were different items in the RL Store, I would consider buying more items. I'm just not really interested in anything that's in the store.....

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 pm
Before I answer I have to say that this makes me very nervous. I got fired one time for answering questions like these. It turns out it was a trick to give my boss a "reason" to fire me. Not a good reason. She used my honesty against me, and only me, to get rid of me before I got a promotion that would have put me above her. I found that out after the fact. I have learned that just because I can tell my opinions doesn't mean I should. It has bitten me in the butt more times than I care to remember. However, I am going to try to trust that Zan is a safe place where I can share my opinions/honesty, especially when asked. Please keep in mind that these are my opinions. They are not meant to be critical or hurt anyone. They come from a place of love, and the hope that our answers/ideas may improve Zan so that it can flourish again. Not that I mind a small Zan (in fact I prefer it), but small isn't paying the bills.

Favorites:

Forums:

I mostly just like the Pubs and Clubs, Main Hall, Scholar's Room, but the Places of Dreams and Market Exchange can be useful. I don't personally have much luck selling/trading things though, but I still think it's a necessary part of the forums.

Specific threads:

Besides my own pub, I always enjoyed the Shugga Shack, but my beloved Shugga is missing and the thread is not active. I always loved The Rainbow Room too, but it is also not active.

Activities:

The only thing I really do is mine, go to the forge, and trade the things I make there.

Edit: I also perform deeds.

Events:

I like any event really, but my favorites are probably Halloween and St. Yorick's Day. I would really enjoy something for Valentine's Day, and just more random events. They could even be small, mini-events, and I would be tickled. Perhaps that's not feasible since they take so much work. Maybe group some of the mini-event items so that they cost gems??? It might make it worth the extra work, and bring in more money for the site. Events are just the only time I really feel like I have something to do, and look forward to.

Clothing Type:

Dresses, cloaks, wings, pets, shoes, and accessories that go in the hair. I'm picky apparently. A lot of the items that I see others in love with just don't interest me at all. Mostly I just like pretty things. XD I'm picky about color, theme, quality, etc. I'm crazy over pets, but I only really like them if they could be actual pets. So preferably something alive. They don't have to be animals, but I don't really want an inanimate object as a pet 99% of the time. Plants are cool too.

Specific Pieces of Clothing:

I prefer a lot of the older items. The Pharaoh items, Blood Red and Golden Dragon Dresses, and the Abraxus Wings are awesome. I really enjoyed the Glo and Yin items recently.

Random Things I love:

Playing in my wardrobe, events, chatting, and the citizens of Zan.

Least Favorites:

Forums:

I don't even use most of the forums. To be honest, it's kind of hard to find things sometimes. Especially if I haven't looked for a specific thread in a while. They're made kind of confusing, but I manage because I've been here a long time. I can't even imagine how confusing they are for a new person.

Specific Threads:

Nothing specific. Just a lot of inactive places/threads that make it feel rather cluttered to me.

Activities:

I really only find mining useful. I don't do anything else. I feel there is a definite lack of things to do. If there's not an event going on, someone to chat with, or if I don't feel like changing my outfit, I don't really know what to do with myself.

Events:

I'm not too crazy about the Eidyllion Festival. I think that's the one with the centaurs. I'm not exactly sure why. I think because I usually don't like the items associated with that as much. I don't actually have anything against centaurs. XD Easter too for the same reason.

Clothing Type:

Horns, animorph, weapons, hand held, armor, hats, mini wings. There are exceptions to those of course.

Specific Pieces of clothing:

I don't want to go there. There's a lot to be honest. Maybe I'm too particular. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for everything we get, but I don't want to own items I don't like. I have a hard enough time picking out an outfit without sorting through items I won't ever wear, and I can't afford to buy things (with real money or Zg) that I won't wear.

Random Things I Don't like:

I don't like the avatar battle. Sometimes it feels like a popularity contest, and sometimes it just seems plain mean. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I prefer to live by, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." It hurts when I spend two hours picking out an outfit that I like (and I think will be presentable), and I get rated a 1. I know I'm not the best outfit designer, but I know I don't look that bad either. That feature just never sat right with me. I don't use it hardly ever anymore.

Last edited by Rayven on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Good stuff?
Forums
Hmmm...I'm going to have to say the Main Hall (including the majority of the subforums) and the Wordsmith Nook...if it were more active.

Specific threads
Anything I create! Laughing
I do like the word game threads in the game forum. I always pop in and out of threads, but Musings will always be a favourite place.

Activities
I use the job centre and have been switching between "working" and "working out" in the gym to use up the tickets I seem to have collected. I also alternate between fishing and mining to stock up for events.

Events
I always enjoy the events and look forward to them. Especially the quests with having to hunt through the forums and other parts of the site to find the goodies needed.

Clothing type
I don't have have a favourite clothing type...maybe the hand held items.

Sitting here thinking...but nothing is coming up.
Just thought of it, the backgrounds...if they were easier to search for in the wardrobe. Yes

Not So Good Stuff?
Forums
The Heroes Relm...it's not as active as it once was. And much like Moonie, there are a lot of places I don't go to any more.

Activities
The games. I mean, aside from making a small amount of Zg from them, I've never seen the point to them. I'd have to be EXTREMELY bored to even go there.

Event(s)
The lack of activity when it comes to the competitions. For me, I try and do the writing competitions because I can write (sometimes badly, but I still try). When it comes to art or colouring in, 1) I can't draw stickmen to save my life and 2) I rarely have time these days (nor do I remember my photobucket pw) to colour something in. I try to bump and encourage in other parts of the forum to get more activity for them, but it doesn't always pan out as we want.

Clothing type
Unisex clothing. I was in the against making every piece of clothing unisex. And while not EVERY piece of clothing is unisex, I still feel the males are left out in the cold a bit due to everything being available to female avatars as well. Like the kilts, that should have been a male only item. I know it makes it easier on the pixelist who create the clothes.

Probably the "troll" looking items. There are a few items of clothes that I don't use because, well I just don't like them. Not for Halloween, not for April Fools. I just don't find them appealing.

Other
The Smuggler's Sets Shop. There have been a few times were there were things that could have been put in there instead of being separated in the Smuggler's Shop. I feel it is under utilised in that aspect.
And is the Wood Cutter's Hut ever going to be opened? Ninja
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7250/10000
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 pm
I must admit I think it grand
For those who share this lovely land
To share just why they love it so
And how they hope to see it grow.

Although my own attendance here
Has sadly dwindled year by year
A part of me still calls Zan 'home'
And, as a ghost, still comes to roam.

Arrow Forums?
    The Main Hall and the Heroes' Realm are where I spent most of my time,
    Engrossed in grand adventures or discussing things in rhyme.
    I quite enjoyed those stories where I got to play a custom part
    And conversations I recall are precious to my heart.

Arrow Specific threads? Are they still active? (link?)
    Within The Gaming Tables, at the moment on page 3,
    There sits the thread of rhymes which is of great value to me.
    As any visitor can tell, it long has lain at rest
    But, in its time, it garnered posts that left me quite impressed.

There also is, of course, a very long list of RPs
    But such things are more personal, so I shall not name these.

And last, but certainly not least, the old 'Zan Musings' threads!
    Wherein our unsuspecting future Queen did pick our heads
    The discourse to be had within was fine beyond compare
    And many hours of my time were gladly spent in there.

Arrow Activities: fishing, fighting, games, etc.?
    The mining is quite useful to accumulate spare gold
    And the gym and coliseum gave me NRG untold.
    I find those features handy, if a little unrefined,
    And I use them all, as well as Jobs, to keep my pockets lined.

Arrow Event(s)?
    I quite enjoyed the treasure hunts that gave us clues to chase,
    Like tantalizing breadcrumbs leading us from place to place.
    I also liked the riddles that cropped up from time to time
    Anything that made us think? I rated 10; a real, true dime.

Events with special currency held their own merit too
    For they encouraged us to be more active through and through.

Arrow Clothing type: dresses, tunics, cloaks, armor, horns, animorph items (mermaid tails, centaur bottoms, Noxmare head), backgrounds, hats, masks, pets, hand-helds, etc.?
    To pick a favorite category here would be no fun.
    My tastes run too eclectic to allow me to pick one.
    They ALL contain a host of options that I like a lot
    So could I pick a singly type?
    Surely not.

Arrow Specific pieces of clothing... and why? (please don't list everything... try to limit it to a handful of items - your absolute favorites!)
    I am quite fond of my red wings
    And my red tail and all my things
    That help evoke my favorite bird
    In ways both wholesome and absurd.

Arrow ... favorite "anything Zantarni" not mentioned above...
    The strength of the community
    Which seemed to have immunity
    To pointless drama and the whims
    Of schemesters, be they 'hers' or 'hims'

The tone is calm, mature, and kind
    And universally I find
    That when you need support, its there
    And if you come out short, we share

So many here are self-assured
    And confident without a word
    and qualities like that are why
    Zantarni shines within my eye.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:00 am
Rayven wrote:

I don't like the avatar battle.
If it makes you feel any better a lot of people can't vote so you would probably score a lot higher, and get better feedback, if everyone could participate.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 am
WishingMoon wrote:
Rayven wrote:

I don't like the avatar battle.
If it makes you feel any better a lot of people can't vote so you would probably score a lot higher, and get better feedback, if everyone could participate.

Thanks Moon. I did not know that. Perhaps I should clarify though, I don't really care anymore if I get a lot of votes. It would just be nice if when I do get a vote it's not a 1. When that happens I feel like either the person hates me for some reason, or is just being mean. I would never rate a person a 1, but if I did I would reserve it for someone that didn't try at all. Which would basically mean they only had on underwear. XD

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:36 pm
Rayven wrote:
Before I answer I have to say that this makes me very nervous. I got fired one time for answering questions like these. It turns out it was a trick to give my boss a "reason" to fire me.

This boss, Rayven, was a complete manipulative ****, and I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

I assure you that there is nothing sinister or manipulative going on with these questions. I am just looking for information on what forums, activities, and items you guys like the most... and which ones you like the least... so that perhaps I can make better decisions for Zantarni going forward. That's all.

So, that said, thank you to those of you who have posted and I'd encourage more of you to post ...

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 pm
I know that Queen Blaze. Thank you for your assurance. I just had to state what I said simply because it makes me nervous to voice my opinion. Not because I don't have any, or because I'm actually scared. But people always get mad or use it against me. I'm not accusing you of doing that. However, I am afraid you or someone else might get offended by what I say.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 pm
I do not offend easily, Rayven.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:10 pm
That is good to know. I sent you a PM.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:43 pm
PM received, Rayven... thank you. Yes

Quote:
The Smuggler's Sets Shop. There have been a few times were there were things that could have been put in there instead of being separated in the Smuggler's Shop. I feel it is under utilised in that aspect.

Yes, it absolutely is! It takes a substantial amount more work for me to set up these "sets" (either DIs or Smuggler Sets) than it does to just release the items to the regular shops, and there have been a number of times when I wanted to get the items out there to you guys and didn't have the time (or patience) to put together the "sets" for the Set Shop, although doing so would have made more sense in a lot of ways. *shrug* Reality.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 pm
You're welcome. Thank you for reading them. I just hope some of our suggestions can be used to make Zan stronger. Very Happy
Page 1 of 2