Welcome to Zantarni
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:35 am
Taking them back from the Elder, Meldrick, he nodded, as he understood, the glasses fading back where they came -- back into the inferno they had been forged, as he sighed. Hearing the Elder's words, he felt a slight lift in his chest, as he nodded again before joining him on the wall. I hope, Elder, that I shall be around still to hear thy tale, and if I may be so bold, why is it thou art crying, Elder?

Zantarni's Dark Prince
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm
Meldrick reached up and lightly captured the tear with his thumb, then gently rubbed it into the onyx pendant around his neck. He looked to where the young demon sat. "It's a tear for my love, young sir . . .Lajata Natala, whose soul I carry in my pendant. She was the last thing I saw before losing my sight."

He reached down and brought the pendant to his lips, softly kissing it. "She is always with me."

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/vegasbobcat/MeldrickandLajataNatale2.jpg

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:39 pm
Nodding the hellspawn touched the Elder's necklace as well, the tear shed upon it bringing what looked like another sparkle shower to their eyes. Slowly, the sparkles formed a picture, a female's form and the demon couldn't help but smile, as he let it free, the amulet left around Meldrick's neck. She is truely a sight for sore eyes, Elder, but do tell. When thou hast said 'was', dost thou mean she is no longer among us?

Zantarni's Dark Prince
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 pm
Meldrick sighs, "Yes, she is no longer with us . . that is why my amulet contains her soul, for sfe-keeping and so that she will always be with me."

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:05 pm
Twitching his tail, the curiosity grew stronger in this entity, and his silvered eye seemed to show it, by flickering once. Nodding when he was done, he then spoke, his voice strangely serious for what looked like a lad so young. Might I be so bold as to ask what happened, Elder?

Zantarni's Dark Prince
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:11 pm
Meldrick shakes his head, "Some other time young Dante, I am not ready to tell the tale . . . not just yet."

He holds the amulet tightly in his hand, "I have many other tales to tell, but that one will be the hardest to put into words."

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 am
"Well, will you look at that," remarks the young woman that steps through the gates, a smile quirking up her lips. She seems not at all bothered by the fact that she's mostly unclothed, completely comfortable in her own skin. "A welcoming committee."
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:59 pm
Meldrick smiles and turns to whee he hears the voice of the young lady, "Hello and welcome to Zantarni, I am Meldrick the Elder....I hope you take the time to read "The Rules of Zantarni", and The Zandex, which contains a lot of information."

"I am sure you will find that there are alot of kind and generous peole here on Zantarni. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these fair lands, Lady Emelenda ."

"

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 pm
The smile creeps up into a lop-sided grin, and the woman chuckles, low and rich. "Awfully nice of you, sir, if you don't mind my-"

The easy canter of her voice falls silent for a moment as she thinks. And then: "Hey- how'd you know my name?"
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:47 pm
Meldrick chuckles, "Lady Emenelda, I may be blind, but there are other ways to 'see'."

He gently rubs his dark onyx amulet, his soul keeper. It lightly sparkles as he does.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:15 pm
Captain Jim takes note of the conversation between Meldrick the Elder and Emelenda and can't resist making a comment, "Ahoy me sea faring ole friend! I couldn't help but overhear ye say that 'there are other ways to see'. Would ye be so kind then to see iffen ye can locate me pirate's hat?...or even me boots. Me head and me feet be a gettin' a might chilled and me hat and boots would definitely be the answer to me di-lemma...Where'd that scoundrel Cedric make off to?!?"

EDIT: "Since me last posing, some benevolent soul donated a pair of pirate boots to me...And me feet be a feelin' much, much better now. Argh!"

..."But has ANYONE seen a pirate hat?"

LATER: "Well, I finally found that good fer nothin' Cedric. He were a sittin in the Beer Hall laughin' and jokin' with the ladies thar. And when I saw him a wearin' me hat, I grabbed him by the nap o' the neck, swung him around and then preceded to beat him within an inch o' his life. From thar, I drug him by his hair, back to me ship and told me First Mate to put him in irons and throw him in the ship's dungeon with the rats, until me returned."

Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:21 am
Meldrick chuckles at the tale of Cedric's capture, "It seems ye be more captainly, Cap'n Jim."

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:26 pm
She had been looking around for where her dear Captain had wandered to, and so she too had inadvertently heard part of the conversation between the Elder Meldrick and the ever curious Dante. Once everyone else had meandered off in their own directions, she lingered for a few moments to speak with Meldrick...

"Dear Meldrick, may I be so bold for just a moment, to speak a few words to you from a lady's mind?" she asked the very wised man almost sheepishly. Seeing that he did not seem to mind her speaking to him, she continued in her usual quiet manner...

"I know that when we have been fortunate enough to have found the one that we were meant to be with, it can be difficult to merely speak their name when they have been called away into their eternity... even after much time has past. We know that there can be no other that will ever take their place, and rightly so. But I just wanted to tell you, that I have the distinct feeling that there will be another that will find you some day. There will be someone, somewhere in fair Zantarni, who come along, quite unexpected..."

Click here for my wonderful donated arts!
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 pm
Holds apple out to his true love, Nessie. "You be sounden' a bit under the weather me fair one, and in need of more NRG." Heart

Hands Meldrick the Elder an apple too...First rubs it under his chin, so he knows it's there..."Now eat yer apple, me friend and some day we'll be shipmates, we'll be!"..."Argh!"

Slowly walks away and leaves Nessie and Meldrick to continue their conversation.

Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 am
Smiling at Captain Jim's familiarity, "Cap'n, I thank ye fer the apple, they are my favorite and Zantarni has so many varieties."

Meldrick takes a bite and then turns back to Lady Nessie, and pauses before speaking, gently rubbing the Black Onyx amulet around his neck, "Lady Nessie, have you ever heard of a soul keeper?"

He closed his eyes a moment, "There will never be another Lady for me," he continues as he cups the amulet in his hand, "My love, Lajata Natala, truly is always with me, this amulet was originally a betrothal gift she gave me, the fine silk interwoven with the silver chain of the necklace, is really her hair and it was woven several hundred years ago when she was young. It is now soul keeper . . .it contains the essence of her soul and I feel her love around me every moment of the day."

He smiles as he feels the warmth of the soul keeper's surface against his touch, in it's dark recesses, their appears to be small golden flecks dancing within.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The Gatehouse All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32