Wake Up, Heroes' Realm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19]
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:38 pm
i hate requirements and just want to have some fun

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm
Certain requirements or rules prevent the RP from turning into chaos. Fun can still be had even if there are requirements in place.
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 pm
i would follow rules but hate having long rules for rping

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 am
I suppose we disagree then =)
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:54 pm
i didnt mean to disagree, i just know that sometimes i get confused about things is all

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:14 pm
It's okay if we disagree Yes Very Happy
Not everyone agrees with me about RPs, and that's perfectly fine.
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:20 pm
i made a rp about the warrior cats book series with a twist

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm
Riley wrote:
Certain requirements or rules prevent the RP from turning into chaos. Fun can still be had even if there are requirements in place.

lady catrina wrote:
i hate requirements and just want to have some fun

I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to requirements. I think it really depends on a lot of factors, and sometimes my mood switches between hating or liking either. A lot of fun can be had in a group with high requirements that keep the world consistent and easy to jump in (at least, for people willing or able to keep up with the rules). Other times, it's nice to just fool around with a free form game, especially when I don't have the head-space to handle rules. It really, really depends.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 pm
bohemian wrote:
Perhaps people could throw out ideas to help revive this section of the site. I know I was one of the people who asked for the 1x1 and the group rps to be separated just so I could see what group rps there were that were active...and sadly, it was only the 1x1 rps that were active. I wouldn't mind a casual rp that I could jump in and out of, but not a full on rp with crazy requirements. >.>

How about a one on one where you need to write coherently (which doesn't seem like a problem for you), but that is pretty casual otherwise? I'm looking to find people to show around my Backwater nexus. It's not on this site, but the people of Eddingtol could come, since it's a nexus between realities.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:14 am
I'm curious now, for those who don't really like rules and or requirements - could you give some examples?
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 am
What do you mean?

Chrysothemis

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:16 pm
Riley wrote:
I'm curious now, for those who don't really like rules and or requirements - could you give some examples?

I can't speak for everyone, but generally shorter profile skeletons, and no post requirements are usually what I mean when I talk about no requirements.

(Especially the later, since I'm tired of RP websites that tell you "1000 word minimum or GTFO" which is not an exaggeration, I promise you. Quality and speed are better for me, over quantity and purple prose.)

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 am
Ahhh. My requirements are coherent writing, fairly correct spelling, no rogue apostrophes, an attempt at paragraph structure, and no heavy reliance on one liners that don't further anything, though sometimes a one liner is all you can do in a going story. Also *beep* out the cusswords and then cuss freely. Or use @$@%@#, because @#$#@@$ is funny. As for character profiles? Hit me in the OOC and tell me what I need to know about 'em. I still seem to be able to remember those sorts of details.

Oh, and keep it pg, because I'm an old prude. Very Happy

That's really about it. You can even just post once a week. Um... and I might be mean to vampires.

Okay. More requirements than I said at first. But I love to go back and reread the stories.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:28 am
i am talking about extremely long profile skeletons and then of course posting long paragraphs too

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:14 pm
I hope there's no rule against necro-ing threads (at least, I checked and didn't see anything Embarassed ), but I wanted to poke this old thread to say that I'm back and I'd be interested in making a small group roleplay if anyone else would be interested?

The only rules would be a paragraph at least per post (I know we talked at length about word counts being restrictive to some but anything less than five sentences is very hard for me to reply to and usually just makes me lose interest fast), and the ability to fill out a small profile that I'll come up with eventually, once the thread is up. I've never really headed a group RP before but that sounds more than reasonable to the average RPer, doesn't it?

I've been having the mad urge to see some group RP and I figured, if you can't find any, make one yourself, yeah?
Page 2 of 3