What Is Health Inursance For, Exactly?
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 am
Hubby has been feeling sick for going on at least a couple of months now, and had gotten progressively worse. We spent 6 hours in the ER weeks ago and found out that he had a single massive gallstone, and needed his gallbladder removed.

Had to wait a week just for the surgery consult, only to be told that the "soonest" they could do the surgery was over three months out. Hubby was miserable and not able to function, and hadn't been to work in I don't know how long.

We went out of network to get the surgery done sooner. This past week was a story by itself. We drove 10 hours only to be told by the first surgeon that he didn't feel comfortable doing the surgery. And had he have just spoken to my husband on the phone, we would have found that out. At least the company we went through found another surgeon who was willing to give us a call, and agreed to do the surgery. So we drive another 10 hours after barely getting any sleep, get home and immediately leave to get on a plan to Seattle, WA.

We just got home a few hours ago. So, why in the hell are we paying for health insurance, only to be given some BS appointment time over three months out? They expected my husband to continue to be miserable and not work for three months. Or wait until it got so bad, we went back to the ER for emergency surgery. What the hell?

We're eventually going to be switching health insurances, but in the mean time, hubby is still dealing with an unknown health issue that it still causing him a ton of pain, so we still need to deal with the current health insurance. Who has already brushed us off more than once regarding this whole debacle.

It amazes me that even though we are able to afford decent healthcare, it's still crappy. Just why?

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am
This is why I am glad that I live in Australia. Free health care. Sure, there is the private health care/insurance, but it isn't needed. You get some perks with the PHI, like accelerated health care, but you'll most likely end up getting whatever it is done in the public hospital and recover in the public hospital.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
8960/10000
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:33 am
Lady Riley, I think it depends on the State you live in (sometimes the County, too), as I am in Nevada, my friend, who works at the same company as I do, went to the emergency room because of his gall bladder and they rushed him in for the operation right then and there. . .I will never understand why some insurance plans limit everything. . .including what you can actually go to the emergency room for, they would rather you go to the one of their clinics first.

In many countries that have National Health they are not as lucky as you Lady Bo. I know quite a few Canadians come to the USA rather than waiting for cancer treatment there.We always hear horror stories of long waits, none of which make any sense (most likely propaganda). Although, most Canadians I have talked to say their National Health Insurance is good for the little things that ail you.

If they ever enacted National Health Care here, it wouldn't really be free as we would pay for it with higher taxes, the plans many of the 2020 candidates are talking about would end up costing us billions in taxes (and it wouldn't just be the rich whose taxes would go up). . .

I guess the only real way to get free health care in this country is to come here illegally. IMHO

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Riley I'm sorry you and your hubby are going through that. Crying or Very sad *hugs* I hope he gets better soon.

I wish I had a good answer for you, but the only one I have is greed. Insurance companies are at the top of the list of corrupt things on this earth. They are terribly, horribly greedy, and they've forgotten what healthcare is supposed to be about. They just see it as a means to earn a profit. To top it all off they are in cahoots with greedy doctors who have especially forgotten what practicing medicine is all about.

Sir Scarz-I have to agree with the last thing you said. I have been unable to get the help I needed in the past, and met others, who were in a similar situation as me including whether or not they had dependents, that were getting the help that I so desperately needed. Why were they approved when I was turned down? The only difference I could see was the color of my skin. Racism goes both ways.

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm
Rayven wrote:
Sir Scarz-I have to agree with the last thing you said. I have been unable to get the help I needed in the past, and met others, who were in a similar situation as me including whether or not they had dependents, that were getting the help that I so desperately needed. Why were they approved when I was turned down? The only difference I could see was the color of my skin. Racism goes both ways.

I have to agree with you, sometimes it seems some people are more concerned with helping illegals than they are concerned with helping our own citizens.

Established Citizen
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 am
**sending hugs and prayers**

Page 1 of 1