Mud Factor!
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:10 pm
Starting Line
*I am not in this photo, but that lady looks rather worried XD

Welp, I did my first 5k! It was unbelievably awesome! In addition to the mud, I was climbing walls, crawling under nets, and sliding down a giant slip 'n slide.

I did not lose any of my shoes, though I could see how that would happen. If I were to do it again, I would bring some gloves to protect against splinters. And while my cardio was better than I thought it would be, it still needs some improvement.

And I am all kinds of sore. XD I regret nothing!

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm
She does look worried. XD

Congrats Riley! Very Happy It sounds like it was a blast. I wouldn't mind trying something like that but I'd probably die. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 pm
I had always wanted to do mud run. Now I can cross that one off of my list!

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Awesome Riley! Congrats! Yes Mud runs are fun, aren't they? ... and yeah... I had gloves when doing the mud runs to help avoid blisters etc due to ropes and everything else they throw at you during these things Sorry - should'a mentioned that when we were last chatting about it. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience! Yes Heart
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 pm
I can't say it's on my bucket list, but I would totally do one if I get the chance. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 pm
Queen Blaze - My mentor at work mentioned I should get gloves, but I was working two days in a row and then the third day was the run, so I didn't have time to get any. He also mentioned I should watch out for hypothermia, because that's what happened to one of his friends when they did a mud run. He also mentioned that was in Ohio in winter, not in California where it's warmer, lol.

Rayven - If you ever get the inclination, do something like Mud Factor. It really is a fun run. You can skip obstacles without penalty, and you're not timed. A lot of people walked most of the course.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:43 pm
That's good. I would probably just walk. I don't look pretty when I run, and I'm not good at it. XD