I'll admit it...
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:34 am
I absolutely HATE this time of year. All the family get togethers...all the bullsh^t that comes out.

Lets see...dad is basically antisocial as it is and doesn't like the get togethers anyway. Mum likes to see all her children (and the two irritating teenagers), even though the oldest fell out with dad over dad being slighted or something (who really cares? but boy can the old man hold a grudge), so we basically never see him anyway. The second oldest comes over for lunch, even though he is buggered from working Christmas eve. Third brother lives here anyway, but still goes over to his ex-mother in laws for breakfast with at least one of the kid (god only knows what the other child is doing, and really nobody cares). My sister and her husband come over before going over to his side for dinner...and then there is me...looking forward to the 26th, because that is when Aquaman comes out.

It's kinda a sad state of affairs when I am more excited to watch a damned MOVIE than spend time with my family. On the 27th I am meeting up with girlfriends and their partners (one is married with two kids, the other is just dating)...I'm like a fifth wheel, but at least the kids like me right? And then...I am looking forward to going back to uni for summer school on the 8th of January.

I think in a way, I plan to use this degree and the experience afterwards to move overseas to work...and avoid family all together with the excuse that I can't afford to come home. I may be able to come home, but do I really want to? Not likely.

But anyway, I can admit all that here because I have no family on here and no close friends who know my family for it to get back to them.

EDIT: I'm also giving serious consideration to buying myself a big bottle of Jack and putting it under the Christmas tree as a present to me. But have to be careful due to the second brother being a little bit of an alcoholic. Grandfather "Old Jack" loved his grog too.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:40 pm
Sorry to hear how stressful the holidays are for you, Bo... but I understand, and I'm sure you're not the only one dreading the family obligations that seem to happen for most people (in spades!) at this time of year.

My advice would be to remember to "breathe" through it all; to try to distance yourself from the chaos emotionally and psychologically (to adopt a "not my barrel of monkeys - not my circus" type attitude); to take breaks -go for a walk or something- when things start to get to you, and to remember that it's just a day or two of family BS... you'll get through it and back to the regular chaos soon.

... And, of course, hang out on Zantarni, chase after snowflakes and enjoy holiday events (official announcement coming soon)! XD Also if you're looking for a distraction/excuse from RL stuff, let me know - I have something you could do to help me here (yes, seriously)... Wink

Hang in there. Here, you are surrounded by friends and true family Yes Heart
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm
Riley tries to enjoy the holiday season, but around this time, I get exhausted from trying to force it. I just had a breakdown in the car on the way home from errands this morning. That bottle of Jack sounds nice right about now.

I don't see or talk to my mom's side of the family anymore. To put it mildly, people had some very distasteful and poor behavior when my grandparents passed away. So now there's that. Along with no longer having my grandparents around.

I think we'll get through it okay, but I know it's hard. Sending you good thoughts and vibes.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm
I spend most of my time in my room as it is. I plan on getting my license at some point early next year and once I have that, I will be actively looking for a place closer to uni to move into. Maybe even apply to the student co-op living place which is REALLY cheap for Sydney and close to uni. But as things stand...here I still am. Rolling Eyes

And I will be happy to help out Blaze. It'll give me something to take my mind off of things, instead of sending myself into a vegetative state of mind like I've been trying the past week. Sigh

EDIT: I'm putting myself in a better place mentally by planning an actual cruise with a friend from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. So step one, when I get paid my student loan for uni next month (I think), I am going to put it towards a passport (very important for leaving the country lol) and then move from there. Whatever I get back from tax is going towards paying for this cruise. So I am officially 5% happier from when I posted this post originally. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9018/10000
TurtleSensei

Long-term Citizen
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 am
Aw sorry to hear that Bo! We don't celebrate them so no stress or worry at least. I do miss it, but my mom stopped doing Christmas for us when I was 13. She sold the tree and just stopped doing it.

I'm excited to see Aquaman too!

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Ooohh, where are you going to go, Bo? A cruise definitely sounds fun. Hubby was talking about doing another one...I told him my vote goes toward someplace in the Caribbean.

I made myself get out of the house last night. We went with a friend to the zoo to see their lights. They did a great job; I'm glad I made myself get out of the house.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm
To be quite honest Turtle, I wouldn't get a tree when I move from here. I am very bah humbug about this season in general and a tree just takes up space and things need to be rearranged to accommodate it.

Riley, the cruise starts in Sydney (so YAY! for no flying to other states to get on the boat) and ends in Japan. We just need to figure out visas (need one for the China stop) and vaccinations, which from what I can tell is only Hep A and Typhoid...and Hep B if planning on getting surgery or a tattoo done. Won't be there long enough for a tattoo, but would be fun to do. Laughing
9018/10000
Page 1 of 1