Pricing suggestions requested!
Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm
I figured I should start out here to find out if I would get anyone in to buy if I were to open a shop as I often find my art doesn't appeal to the members of avatar sites.

The following examples are not all avatars from other sites. Some are from my own mind and meant to only showcase my skill so a price can be put on my different styles.

Free-flow/free handed

digitally drawn1 / digitally drawn2 / Paper and marker / Paper and Pen

Pen Tool
A / B/ C

Head shots
Fast Slow example not avaliable Bust

Couple art
Holding hands standing shoulder to shoulder / very old couple art

Last edited by (GaelicBubble) on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tisiel

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 am
First off, welcome back! <3

I'm not good at pricing, but I love your work! I think you should be able to do quite well here. ^____^

I would very much like for you to let me know when you do open up shop so I can place an order. Yes

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 am
Thank you so much for the welcome, I'll definitely let you know when I open shop! I will probably open up as soon as I have some prices to slap on my stuff. I may have to do one of those "You make a request with a price offer and I'll tell you up, down, or good" shops. If those are even allowed on this site.

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm
Shops do not have to have set prices as deals can be made between the artists and those seeking art. (trading items as well as gold is an acceptable part of the deals)

Doth thee do couple art (something I and my Lady, as well as others are big fans of)?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Your art is amazing! (I'd love to order from you when you set up a shop).
Prices seem to be in flux on this site right now, so I can't really offer you any sturdy prices, but I've seen lots of people run sucessful bribe shops and auctions. X3
That seems to be the best route to go right this minute.
If you want to see some of the active shops, contests, or you want to see if there's anyone else around that can give you better help, feel free to check out this thread. :3 It's an artist support group and we'd love to help you in any way we can.

art by my_lion_bob

Last edited by Dusty on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 pm
I certainly do and I even do groups. I usually ask more than what I would for a single when I have shops. Ex: 2 people- up to double normal price. 3 people:up to triple and so on.

Someone once told me that was super extreme so I usually don't offer it in my list of styles and stuff anymore. I only do it if someone specially requests it. I will put an example of one of my couple sketches later once I have access to my flash drives.

Thanks Dusty! I'll check it out.
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:23 pm
You're welcome. :3 I posted a link in your thread, hopefully a few more people will pop in to help your with prices.

art by my_lion_bob
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 pm
(GaelicBubble) wrote:
I certainly do and I even do groups. I usually ask more than what I would for a single when I have shops. Ex: 2 people- up to double normal price. 3 people:up to triple and so on. . .

That is the norm for Zantarni and not unreasonable, milady.
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 pm
As it turns out, I don't have many drawings of couples. Those at the end of my first post are the only two I have anymore and the second one is from four years ago when I first started drawing people.

Edit: Opened shop. One bribe shop and one freebie shop. Would still like suggestions if anyone's game.
Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:00 am

Gaelic I have to say, you have some really amazing art here and I would love to purchase some of you when you do figure out your prices from your shop. But since no one has offered a price to you yet, I will jump forward and say that I would spend at least 10,000 zg and up depending on what you are doing.. I'm not that great at pricing art but i can at least give a starting idea.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 am
Thank you! That's very helpful! I will probably put that with my pricing section in the shop.
Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:57 pm
Yay I'm glad was able to help you out. Smile
Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:34 pm
Alright, figured I should post in the existing thread rather than create a new one.. Here goes nothing.

So I have a new style of art. It should probably be the most pricey in my shop for all the work and time that goes into it... So what is the minimum someone should have to pay so I can make a decision on the base-minimum I should tell people their offers need to be to get this style/type/whatever.

Unless one thinks this isn't the sort of thing that would be sought after here. In that case, let me know that as well. Thanks!

New
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:37 am
Personally, I'd give around 100-200k for the new style depending on added details, background, and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pricing Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1