Do you believe in Ghosts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 2, 3, 4  Next
Page Jump:
Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 am
This is a question that I think belongs in scholarly discussion, as it's likely to get a bit long and complicated.

Do you believe in ghosts?
Why or why not?
Have you ever seen one or believe you've been near one?

Share these and any other spooky experiences you've got here.
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am
I'm kind of on the fence on the whole "do ghosts exist" thing...I'm not entirely convinced they DO exist...nor am I entirely convined they DON'T exist either.

I had a spooky encounter just the other night, actually...when my windowblind made that squeaky noise it always makes when it's pulley to raise and lower it is pulled...only nobody was anywhere near it...my parents were asleep in bed and I was just bout to drift off myself...then the squeak of my windowblind just freaked the cuss out of me so much that I couldn't fall asleep for the rest of the night. D:

Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:41 am
Yes. I see spirits a lot. I just ignore them mostly, if they want my attention, they know how to get it...though sometimes it just leads to me ignoring them even more.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8100/10000
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 am
Bohemian -- What do they look like?

~~

I used to live in an old neighborhood in Kyoto that was well-known for ghosts. For good reason. The area used to be on the outskirts of the city, and at that time it was an execution ground. They'd bring criminals up the mountain, kill them, then bring their heads back down and display them somewhere nice and public.

Not quite sure what they were trying to accomplish, but knowing about that certainly added to the creepy effect.

Kyoto is an old city, of course, and this area that (I assume) wasn't meant for living when all of that happened now has a ton of houses on it. I lived in an old apartment complex near the top of the mountain. I finished work around nine pm many nights, and walked home alone. It got creepy, not only because of the ghosts but because we saw a lot of wild boar in the area and they made a ton of noise.

In the daytime it was pretty, and I loved the changing of the seasons, but at night sometimes it was just so creepy. I had a choice of walking past an abandoned water purification plant on the way home or a cemetery. There was a second cemetery at the foot of my street. I don't see ghosts, but I felt as if something was feeling me some nights. It ranged from being unnerving to being absolutely terrifying. There were a few nights where I did not sleep in my apartment because it didn't feel like I was alone.

I don't see things, magically. I'm not always sure I trust my senses. But I have never felt that uneasy anywhere. It brought me to the point where I'd tell people I didn't want to believe in ghosts. Which really isn't the same thing as not believing in them. Possibly wishful thinking.

I'm neopagan, and I set up dishes of salt at the door to keep evil spirits out, which is a very Japanese tradition. I also warded and shielded my apartment. Didn't always feel like it worked, but it made me feel a lot better.
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:31 am
i was a paranormal investigator for a year, and i heard and saw a lot i couldnt explain.

so do i believe in ghosts? let me put it this way. theres a lot i cant explain. numerous voices that werent there when we recorded,..

a little girl asking to play while at a cemetery,.. a cackling laugh during our OWN laughter (that one made me pee a little)

bumps, moved stuff EMF,.. theres a lot i cant explain.
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:26 pm
How does one become a paranormal investigator? Also, did you go to visit any famous haunted sites? If so, what did you make of them?

I'm always a bit curious as to why some places are so well-known for ghosts. My apartment I understood ... that neighborhood had a long and bloody history.

My old house felt really warm and welcoming. Dunno if that was ghosts or just the feeling of a house in need of love meeting a person who really wanted to love it and fix it up. But I loved living there, even though it was just as ancient as my old apartment neighborhood and I'm sure people had died there before.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:37 pm
I'm going to answer your question Fae, I'm just thinking about HOW to answer it, mostly because I just take it for granted I know they are there and not everyone sees them the way that I see them. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8100/10000
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:47 pm
Honestly, I've always been a big believer in the paranormal, and things like spirits and ghosts. I've done a ghost hunt in one of my local graveyards (with a friend), that didn't honestly turn up a whole lot, but what little I DID get made me giggly.

As far as becoming a paranormal investigator, I wish I knew. Though it wouldn't pay any bills or anything, it'd be a lot of fun.

One thing about it is never go anywhere alone. It does invite trouble if you do it solo.

....also, never mess with ouija boards. Those things are BAD juju.

I draw! Look me up on dA: LainaInverse
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:52 pm
I made my own Ouija board. And I burnt it after using it.
8100/10000
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:55 pm
bohemian wrote:
I made my own Ouija board. And I burnt it after using it.

I've never touched one. I've heard enough stories that those things scare me. It really irks me that places sell it as a toy.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 pm
That's because that is what they were CREATED to be. A toy. It was never meant to be a connection to the other side. And besides, it doesn't always work and most stories are BS in regards to them.
8100/10000
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:07 pm
bohemian wrote:
That's because that is what they were CREATED to be. A toy. It was never meant to be a connection to the other side. And besides, it doesn't always work and most stories are BS in regards to them.

Ah, while they might've been meant as toys, they've always been able to reach the other side. Even if someone knows what they're doing, it's never been particularly safe or advisable to treat them as casual toys.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:21 pm
What do they look like?

To me, most of them look like people. Dressed up as they would have been in their life time. The college I went to was fairly haunted, but then again, there is no surprise there, it is very old and convicts used to work on the property. Trust me when I say, it is very unnerving when you walk under a tree and there are legs hanging mid air and that is all you can see.

The majority of ghosts and spirits that I saw while I was at college, were just there. They let their presence be known to those that could see. And then there were the few that...I couldn't see completely, but I did not feel safe when they were there. At night, in the computer room connected to the library, there was a...I only ever sensed him as a shadow, and he felt dangerous. I felt safe inside the computer room, only because I KNEW he couldn't LEAVE the library area, but he would prowl around at the door and around the windows outside the computer room, but only inside the library. I had gone inside the library ONCE at night with the Duty Officer and I wanted to RUN out of that building.

Another time I didn't feel safe was in the sleeping area as I walked up to a T intersection in the area and I had to turn around and go the long way, mostly because I felt and saw in my mind, that I did not want to go that way or a female spirit would have made something bad happen. She wasn't in a good mood, especially as I could see her face and long blonde hair, but her body was like an electromagnetic field and was pulsing with blue engery.

Another story is when I was walking to the dairy farm early one morning by myself because I had milking that morning, and I felt like I was being followed. I kept looking around, but couldn't see anyone, but then again, it was pitch black and no moon out, but when I got to the dairy, the stairs leading up to the observation area, a little girl was sitting on the steps and her sister was standing next to her near the stairs. From their clothes and general appearance, I knew that they must have lived over 100 years ago.

I have a few more stories from college if you'd like to hear more. Yes
8100/10000
Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm
I am not really sure of i believe in ghosts or not. Even my grandmother has told me about ghost stories of her own mother after her death.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 am
I would love to hear more Bohemian. Very Happy

I definitely believe in ghosts and demons. I will try to list as many experiences that I've had that I can remember. The first experience I ever had was when I was about three. I remember being in my bed, and all of a sudden there was a woman in the room with me. She was dressed in like 1800's clothing. I pulled the covers up to my nose, but other than that I couldn't move. I watched her glide across the room then go around the corner. She never did look at me. I peeked around the corner in time to see her go through a door. She did not open it. That was the only time that I saw her that I remember, but the basement always felt evil or like there was something evil in it. My Mom wouldn't even go down there by herself. My parents, who don't happen to believe in ghosts, said they heard footsteps upstairs all the time. They rented out the upstairs. The problem was they would still hear footsteps even when no one was living up there. After the woman in my room I didn't sleep by myself until I was a teenager. XD I didn't experience anything for years. Perhaps because I didn't want to. I still really don't, but I don't seem to have a choice in the matter anymore. One night when I was about 17 I woke up to hearing a noise in the corner of my room. There was nothing there though, and I could see because I had the lights on. I slept with the lights on until I was an adult. XD When I moved out on my own I always felt like something was watching me from my bedroom doorway. I never told anyone though. The funny thing is that two different people who stayed the night with me at different times said the exact same thing to me. Later I witnessed a black shadow that felt evil go across my wall. It may have been the same night, I'm not for sure, I awoke to a man standing over me. He was reaching for me. I ducked under him, and ran to the phone and called my Mom. I made her come over and pray with me because it scared me that bad. I never had anything else happen there. I don't think I had anything happen for awhile. Then years later I saw a coin get thrown through the air by an unseen force. My broom got hung on a nail outside, and everyone swore they didn't do it. When I lived in an apartment I heard someone walking in the kitchen, but there was no one there. In that same apartment me, my husband, and my son all saw a chair partially lift off the ground on it's own. Not too long after that it felt like something tried to enter my body. It was the weirdest thing I've ever felt. I told it to back off, and it did. Then we moved into a house. One of the first nights we were there an ashtray flew across the room on it's own. I heard voices quite frequently. We even had a ghost cat. I could feel it rub up against my ankle only there was no cat there. I do have cats, but there was none in the room with me. I would here it meow when I was looking at my cats and they were not making a sound. One time I was sitting at the computer next to a window. I felt a cat get up on the window sill. Then I realized that the window was closed, and the sill was not wide enough to hold a cat. I looked and there was no cat there. One of the scariest things I've ever experienced though was when I was on the computer, and I heard someone running so I looked up. Something ran past me in the kitchen very fast. I couldn't tell what it looked like, but it scared me bad enough that I fled the house. I wouldn't go back in until my husband went with me. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I think that's enough though. XD
Page Jump:
Page 1 of 4