Words of Encouragement
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:52 am

So, I just took my certification exam for wound care for the second time today, and I still didn't pass. I've been telling myself all sorts of negative things, but I know those thoughts are not the reality. I did much better this time around than the first time, but I'm still upset I have to take it yet again. I'm going to try changing up my study strategy for the next try.

The voice telling me to not give up, and that I will pass at some point, is quieter than the negative voices.

So, Zantarni, do you have similar stories? How do handle it? Self talk? Encouraging quotes? Music? How do you continue forward?

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 am
Riley I'm sorry that you're frustrated. I understand. I think changing study strategies should help. Also, do you have anyone that can help you study? Especially someone who has a gift for teaching. I have found that some people have a knack for explaining things, or explaining ways to remember things for tests. I wish you the best of luck. You can do it! *hugs*

I just get back on the horse, but sometimes I give myself a break first. Just like you mentioned above, it helps to come at the problem from a different angle. The negative voices in our heads are the worst. When they're loud I try to think of something positive about myself too, or at least rationalize the bad stuff. I tell myself it's ok to not be perfect.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:26 pm
-flails around- I'm a teacher! I'm a teacher who happens to have a stack of Biology/Medical books laying around! I help!

It is hard to say what I would do in this case. I tend to do a lot of preventative steps to keep myself from landing in a bad spot and I also do a lot of self-reflection so I know the frame of my capabilities. The only thing I have really fallen short of was graduating with honors. I was .01 away in my GPA. I stress cried a bit before finals but once it was clear that I was going to fall short I focused my attention elsewhere. It wasn't harming me to not graduate with honors. I had a high GPA, a diploma, and my future so no harm no foul. The important thing to me was to keep pushing foreward and improving which is my daily goal.

Page 1 of 1