Healing Gardens (still open, btw)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page Jump:
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:01 am
Here at Healing Gardens, we maintain a quiet, peaceful atmosphere to promote healing for our clients. All who are struggling and seek help will find sanctuary here. We will help you find peace with your disorder and you are welcome to stay as long as you wish. There is no judgement at Healing Gardens; our wish is to help you feel better. Welcome to our family.

You're not sure what to think as you enter through the front doors. It sounds nice, but you're not still not sure. The building is five stories high, and you get the feeling that you're in a college dormitory. Despite your trepidation, you decide to give them a try even though you feel something odd about the place. You also find it a little weird that none of the staff ever talk about the fifth floor - when the construction will be done or even what it will be. All you know is that no one wants to talk about it and the elevators and stairs won't allow you access. For now, you push the thought out of your head, after all, you have other things to worry about, like getting better.

Each client has been assigned a primary case manager, usually a doctor. This person will check in with you at least once a week.

Directory

~ First Floor ~
Meal Hall/Kitchen
Gym
Infirmary

~ Second Floor ~
Staff Offices
Group Therapy Room A and B
Meditation Room

~ Third Floor ~
Library
Client Rooms

~ Forth Floor ~
Staff Rooms

~ Fifth Floor~
Under Construction

Rooms
300-1
300-2
305-1: Alex Fable
312-2: Brook Sanders

Activities Offered Throughout the Week
Group Therapy
Art Therapy
Meditation

Rules
- Zan Rules/ToS
- Semi-Lit to Literate
- PM me profiles
- "" for speech, italics for thoughts, (( )) or
something like it for OOC
- Romance is okay but abide by Zan Rules
- You may have multiple characters
- Please use real images for characters, no anime
- Feel free to create and RP minor NPCs
- No age limit for clients
- I know we're not experts, but do your best to play your
character's disorder
Any questions, thoughts, or ideas, please ask =)

Client Profile
Username:
[url][/url] (detailed text description is also okay)
Character Name:
Room Number: ((you can pick any room number. There are two beds in each room, everyone may not have a roommate yet))
I'm here because ((can be anything: mental disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, self harm, anything that is deviant from societal norms. Not sure? Just ask ^^. Feel free to include a Bio here if you'd like))
I like to
I don't really like
While I'm here, I would like to ((your goals: get better, learn coping skills, etc.))
Other: Optional

Staff Profile
Username:
[url][/url] (detailed text description is also okay)
Character Name:
Job: (LMFT, counselor, doctor, activity leader, etc.))
Personality:
Other: ((optional))

Last edited by Riley on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:03 pm; edited 12 times in total
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:01 am
Clients

Username: Riley

Character Name: Brook Sanders
Room Number: 312-2
I'm here because I tried to take my own life. They told me I had something called PTSD. But then again, they tell me a lot of things. I'm not sure if I believe them. At least they don't push me to talk about what he did. I'm tired of everyone telling me it wasn't my fault. I just don't know how to handle life anymore.
I like to spend a lot of time in the library. It's quite there. I'm also liking the gym, but it takes a bit of effort to talk myself into doing any exercise.
I don't really like physical contact. At all.
While I'm here, I would like to escape the world. Maybe learn how to deal with some things. I don't know what I want to do yet.
Other: Brook is quiet and keeps to herself, though she is social when approached. She is always seen wearing long sleeves(ignore the cami in the profile pic) and will typically change the subject when asked about why she is here.

Username: lady catrina

Character Name: lily rose
Room Number: 303-1
I'm here becauseI have bipolar disorder.
I like to have lots of friends and have pets.
I don't really like to be alone.
While I'm here, I would like to become more social.

Username: AlexFable
Alex Fable
Character Name: Alex Fable
Room Number: 305
I'm here because I can into town, very injured and limping.Many of my injuries were clearly caused by brute force.
I like to draw, be in nature and near animals.
I don't really like when people are close to me. Neither am I not a fan of loud noises or bright lights.
While I'm here, I would like to get better and learn to trust people again
Other: PTSD

Staff

Username: Riley

Character Name: Nathanial Moore
Job: MD, does medication management for clients
Personality: Pleasant, soft spoken, generally seems to care about the clients
Other: Nathanial has been working at Healing Gardens for almost ten years, and is very happy where his is at in his career. It's all about helping people to get better, right?

Username: Squiggle
Character Name: Geniza Qwell
Description: Geniza is about 5'8" and has darker skin the color of mocha. Her dark brown hair is a constant mess of curls and waves that go just barely past her ears in the front, but is a little shorter in the back. Her eyes are a strange green that nearly look brown, and are often assumed to be. Her nose is sharp and her lips are a little bigger than average. She has one cartilage piercing (rook) on her right ear, and her lobes are each pierced once. She wears all sorts of earrings, usually from different countries. She has a few tattoos, but none are visible while she is working. She usually wears fairly loose, comfortable, soft clothing of interesting patterns and colors.
Job: Art Therapy Instructor
Personality: She is outgoing, caring, passionate and creative.
Other: She just got out of graduate school a few years ago, and only had one job prior to this. She tries to do a good job, but feels that other staff members may think she doesn't completely follow the rules.

Last edited by Riley on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:33 pm
Allex slowly woke up to white. Blinking her eyes, she looked around, then, she jumped... She was in the hospital, but how did she get here?! Last thing she remembered was walking through the town square after getting off the bus.
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:01 pm
((Just to kind of set the scene, I'd say this is more like a mental hospital rather than a medical hospital.))

Breakfast had gone by in a haze. She didn't even remember what she had eaten, only that she had eating something. Food had lost its taste to her a long time ago, yet she still ate. And while she wasn't alone at her table, she avoided eye contact, conversation, attention, or any sort of social interaction with her peers by hiding behind her sweatshirt hood. People seemed to leave her alone, which she was grateful for. She wasn't exactly ready to be miss social butterfly.

Without a word, she stood up from her place at the table, and took her empty tray over to the tray return area. The loud noises of the cafeteria died down the further away she got from it. Sighing, she glanced over at the calendar displaying all of the activities for the month. Something about art therapy was later today. She'd consider going to that one, but wasn't committing. For now, she went to the elevators and punched the up button. The quiet solitude of the library was calling to her. Most of her waking moments were spent in the library. It was where she felt the most safe. Her case manager had encouraged her to spend time there if that's how she felt, so she did. When the elevator door opened, she told it to go to the third floor.

Nathanial sat in his office, reviewing the many stacks of files on his desk. He was focused as he worked, taking notes on his note pad at who he was going to see today. His office was silent save for the ticking of the clock he had on one of his bookshelves, surrounded by nothing but medical text books and references. Some of his colleagues had ribbed him about having no life, but he didn't mind. He took his work seriously because he enjoyed it. Every time he saw any of their clients improve reminded him why he became an MD.

He spent another hour or so making sure he had sufficiently reviewed the files of the patients he was going to see today, before he finally left his office.

Nathanial had chosen a light blue, collared shirt, and his usual black slacks. He left his white coat in his office, determining he had better luck with the patients being willing to talk to him if he didn't look so official. As he glanced down his list of people to see, he decided he would start on the top floor, and work his way down, so he told the elevator to go to the third floor.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:37 am
Lily walked into the office feeling a bit sad and lost as she saw the others there talking and mingling. she was depressed and having lost her true love had made her bitter inside as well. " Hello , is anyone here ?" she replied as she looked around the room .

Catrina
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:04 pm
Brook got out of the elevator and headed down the hallway toward the library. The wall art on this floor wasn't too bad. There seemed to be a nature theme going on, since there were trees, forests, and streams. The wall art on other floors had her rolling her eyes every time she passed them.

The library was quiet when she entered. There were a few other people, but it was mostly empty. Brook began slowly walking down the fiction isle, searching for another book to read. She had finished her other book, and wasn't sure what to read next.
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm
Lily was not sure which way to go and soon found the library in the next hall and decided to walk into it and maybe find a book worth reading .

Catrina
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 pm
No harm in re-reading Harry Potter again. She sighed as she took the first book from the shelf and found a large, fluffy recliner in the back. She slipped her shoes off and laid across it, and was soon lost in her book.

Nathaniel decided to go down the rooms in order, checking in on the clients whom he needed to for today. He didn't think many of them would be in their rooms, but he still thought it was a good place to start. He'd hit the library last.
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm
Lily walked up to the person reading a book and tapped their shoulder a bit . " Hi I am Lily and I am new here. " she replied in a quiet tone hoping that the person would talk to her

Catrina
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:06 am
She honestly didn't notice anyone approach her, and gave a startled jump and yell when she tapped her shoulder. Her book fell out of her lap and closed shut when it hit the floor.
"Holy crap!" She panted as her breathing returned to normal. She really must be new. Brook thought to herself as she righted herself and sat properly in the chair. She picked up her book from the floor and put it in her lap.
"You kind of scared me there." She said.
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 am
Lily was shy but wanted to have a friend here . " Im sorry , my name is Lily and I am new here" she replied to the girl and replied " May I sit here ?"

Catrina
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 pm
"Sure" Brook shrugged. "I'm Brook." She said as she returned to how she was laying in the recliner, and began thumbing through her book to find her spot again. Brook was never really in a talkative mood, even with her doctor, social worker, or whoever wanted to check in with her. With other patients, it wasn't like she wanted to be alone all the time, she just didn't know what to say. And she especially didn't want to talk about why she was here.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am
" Im Lily Rose and i am hoping to make some new friends here " she replied to Brook as she sat down next to her and trying to get to know her a little bit.

Catrina
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 am
Brook wasn't really one to make friends, but she was still civil toward everyone. "Well, eventually I want to leave this place." She said with a soft sigh. That was only half true. She wanted to leave, to be able to live her life again, but she liked the safety that the Gardens offered. She didn't have to worry about the stresses of life in here. But it wasn't much of a life. I'll be ready at some point. Just not right now. She told herself.
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm
" What is this place ?" Lily politely asked Booke as she sat there wanting to learn something about the place .
She was brought her under a sleeping pill and she woke up here not knowing where she was or how she got here

Catrina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Heroes' Realm All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page Jump:
Page 1 of 3