Funny/Embarrassing Family Stories
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 am
Today I started thinking about funny and embarrassing stories that my family has. I'm sure just about every family has some of these stories. You know, the kind you tell over and over again, and they usually begin with, "Do you remember that one time?" In our family they get told when we're around someone new, or just for fun every so often to reminisce about how dorky we are. XD Most of them involve my dad. He has a knack for doing silly things. Rolling Eyes I'll share a few of mine, and I would also like to hear some of yours. Very Happy

1. When my dad was young, before he met my mom, he was in a vehicle with some friends of his. It might have even been a double date, I don't remember. Anyway, they got into a car accident, and it was bad enough that the vehicle rolled. They got out to see if everyone was ok, but they couldn't find one of the women. When they looked back inside the vehicle they found her, but it looked like her head was missing! Shocked Everyone was freaking out and they didn't know what to do. All of a sudden her head popped out. It turned out that she was wearing a turtleneck and it had gotten pulled up over her head during the accident. XD Everyone was ok.

2. When I was little my dad came home from work and told us that he had given some money to a charity some nuns were running outside of some store, but that we wouldn't believe what happened. He said he gave them $5 and that they were so appreciative. He couldn't believe how thankful they were, but he just assumed that not many people had donated. When he went to pay for whatever he bought at the store the $20 he needed was missing. Instead of a $20 bill he found the $5 bill he thought that he had given to charity. He had given them the $20 by mistake. Luckily he had his checkbook on him and was able to pay for what he had bought, and he just let the nuns have the $20. He told us, "No wonder those nuns were so happy." XD

3. No big story here, but my dad has a habit of starting to drive away before people are completely in the car. One time he dragged my aunt several feet. LOL She was ok, but I don't think she was very happy with Dad. He also ran over my ankle at the zoo. :/ I had tire tracks, but nothing was broken.

4. My mom jumped out of a still moving car because she was in such a hurry to see a Liam Neeson movie. She denies it, but I clearly remember saying, "Mom, do you think you might want to wait for the car to stop before you jump out?" We like to tease her that she must be in love with Liam Neeson if she was willing to jump out of a moving car for him. XD

5. Years ago my parents went with my grandma to pick out a Christmas tree. My parents found one they liked, but grandma said she had to have that one. Rolling Eyes So she got that one, and my parents just grabbed another one that they didn't like as well. They must have ran around town for awhile because they went past a spot that they'd already been when they saw a Christmas tree laying in the road. They were like, "Look, somebody lost their tree." Guess whose tree it turned out to be? That's right, greedy grandma that had to have the best tree. XD

6. My mom got into two accidents when I was little. In one she was pregnant with me, but she didn't know it yet. A delivery van driver sideswiped her and she ran off the road and hit a tree. When she called the cops she told them that she had "Went up a tree." XD The second one wasn't actually an accident, but it was slippery out and she spun around in the road. She was able to straighten out and kept on going. When my dad came home he told her that he'd seen some tools laying in the road in town, and he said that they looked just like his. Then he forgot about it until he went out to the truck and saw that his tools were missing. He asked where his tools were and she said she didn't know. Mom told him later about spinning around in the road. Dad put two and two together and realized that those were his tools that he'd seen, and they must have flown out when Mom spun around. Mom's response? Dad should have had the tailgate on the truck and they wouldn't have flew out. XD

7. This one is embarrassing and it's about me. I've never been able to live it down. When I was little, like 3-4 years old, I wouldn't keep my clothes on. Embarassed I was one of those little kids that had clothes on one minute, and the next I was in my birthday suit. Apparently Bo and I have something in common. XD My parents had this floor lamp that I liked to climb and pretend that I was a monkey. Mom told me to quit climbing it before I got hurt, but I didn't listen. Well, one day it fell and broke while I was climbing it. Glass shattered everywhere. Mom came into the living room to find me naked and bleeding. Shocked I remember my mom fussing at me while she got me dressed and ready to go to the hospital. I remember her saying, "I can't believe I have to get you dressed before I can even take you to the hospital." Dad wasn't home from work yet so Mom took the neighbor lady with her to take me to the hospital. I remember hiding in the backseat on the floorboard (that was back in the day before kids had to be buckled up) because I felt like I was in trouble. I was fine. I had a small cut on my stomach, and a boo boo on my head that the doctor said was fine and he just put a kid's sticker on it. XD He told my mom that head wounds usually look way worse than they actually are because they bleed so much. By the time we got home Dad was there, and he was mad. Mom had forgotten to leave him a note (this was before cell phones), and when he came home and found all of the blood he was really worried. The only good thing about this story is that I started keeping my clothes on after that. LOL

Sorry, that was more than a few, but once I got going it was hard to stop. Would anyone else like to share?

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:05 am
I remember when I was a kid, dad had a milk run and there was a guy by the name of Craig White who worked for him. I think I was 4 or 5 at the time and was out on a night run with him. Craig was picking on me and I turned around and called him Jenny Craig. My siblings and dad found it hilarious, but poor widdle Craig got upset about being put in his place by a kid and I went from riding in the back of the truck to having to ride in the cab. XD
9580/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 am
XD That's hilarious. I don't know how you thought of that at 4 or 5 years old. It sounds like he deserved it though. LOL