Christmas Gift Giving
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm
So, I normally buy things for my friends for Christmas...ok, when I say I buy them things, I buy them books. This year, I honestly can not be bothered to go out of my way to find something individual for each person. I only buy for my two close girlfriends and one of my male friends and his...boyfriends (I'm still confused by the relationship, but I accept it anyway. The way I see it, it isn't my business what goes on in their bedroom).

So, they are getting boxes of chocolates. Maybe over New Years I will get them home made goodies like I had planned on doing, but this constant heat since Summer started has made anything remotely baked, difficult to bear.

I personally enjoy going and finding books that I think my friends will enjoy, but this year has just been a crash and burn kinda year for me.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7250/10000
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 pm
Chocolates sounds good though. My mom just made some fudge that was tasty, but i'm a fan of any type of chocolates lol (okay, except that kind thats not sweet enough) I try to make something handmade for my close friends and family, this year i am drowning under my handmade gifts trying to get them all done lol
I am trying to finish the one for my little neice, the kids are the most important at christmas, everyone else doesn't mind if they get their gift late! lol

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:33 pm
Those sound like lovely gifts! I'm sure they'll appreciate whatever you get them!

I don't celebrate holidays so I have no one to buy for. But I am taking advantage of the holiday sales at work (I work at Kmart) and buying some stuff for my hubby and his dad.
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm
i have lady soldiers to shop for and i might get them some cookies or something really good for xmas

baby stardust
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm
Gift cards are always a good option too XD
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:21 pm
so whats everyone doing today

baby stardust
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm
lady catrina wrote:
i have lady soldiers to shop for and i might get them some cookies or something really good for xmas

I know that friends I have that served always loved getting "Care" packages from home, especially while they were overseas. . .sometimes the simplest things were the ones they most appreciated. . .cookies, candies, shaving gear, soap. . .even DVR or USB movie collections. . .
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm
Scarz wrote:
lady catrina wrote:

I know that friends I have that served always loved getting "Care" packages from home, especially while they were overseas. . .sometimes the simplest things were the ones they most appreciated. . .cookies, candies, shaving gear, soap. . .even DVR or USB movie collections. . .

yeah i buy a wide variety of items to send to them . its alot of fun to do

baby stardust
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm
I hit the dollar store hard. And have mailed most of what I bought. Some have reached their destinations and been opened and gleed over. Since the one is a Christmas theme owl pillow, he's helping his new mother set the Christmas mood.

This morning I also spent time tinkering with two Christmas dolls. One's a little dollar store elf that I'm going to get a friend give similar jammies to the ones my avatar is wearing, and the other is one of those dolls printed on cotton fabric to cut out and sew. She's a little reindeer rag doll, and this morning I got her body sewn up. Now the next step will be to join her body and head, and then find enough stuff to fill her with.

Is anyone else looking forward to the Christmas events on favourite games? I get way too much satisfaction from all the tacky candy cane weapons and such. XD

Page 1 of 1