Dusty's Art Corner ~ Feel free to Chat!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page Jump:
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 pm

This thread is going to help me keep up with all of the projects (freebie art, character art, commissions, and my crafty things on the side)! Feel free to chat with me, and if you'd like, offer constructive comments or compliments. (I'm not really looking to improve my skills per se, but if you see a spot that I missed while coloring, ect.. let me know!)

~Follow Zantarni Rlues & ToS.
~Be polite
~Respect the fact that I have a life and may get side tracked
~Please don't rush me to finish a project

~Free Monthly Headshot
~Dusty's love
~Possible Random Gifts

Working on trying to draw on a daily basis. I may or may not achieve this goal, but it's something to strive for. I will post the art of the day below, in hopes that it motivates me to keep up!

Feb 26, 2019

Past Week
Feb 22, 2019
Feb 23, 2019
Feb 24, 2019: Doodled some clothing suggestions for the Item Suggestion Thread!

Working on using the beads that I ordered a few months back, mostly making necklaces... Need to post the two necklaces I made earlier in the week.

PM me with requests.
Working on... Tilty Commission Arrow Tracing and re-doing in Sketchbook with my tablet; old art, revamp.
WIP

Nothing in the queue! Complete a form and post here if you'd like any banners (the form is in the first post)! c:

I updated the thread banners in here and the banners on my profile recently. Heart

Last edited by Dusty on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:05 pm; edited 11 times in total
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:56 pm
Dusty wrote:
Feel free to chat with me...

*Waves hand wildly in the air*

I'm always up for conversation! Any particular topic we're focusing on at the moment?
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:29 am
Hey there! Very Happy And welcome! :3
I'm honestly fine with talking about anything at the moment. XD
Do you have any games/books/movies /other things that you've been into or excted about lately? :3

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:34 am
Well, I've finally started working through Farscape (It's been on my watchlist for a couple of years now... *winces*). I'm about halfway through season two, at this point.

Other than that, just my usual on-again-off-again mmo's, currently on hiatus because of job-hunting.

I'm sorry if none of that is terribly inspiring of conversation...

What about you?
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:55 am
Nice! :3 I think I've seen a few episodes of Farscape here and there. :3
I just finished watching the lastest season of Sherlock. XD

I understand completely. XD I've been into Dragon Age for the past year and a half or so. Just finished reading Dragon Age: Asunder, and now I'm impatiently refreshing the Dragon Age website looking for updates on the third game that's coming out this October. XD

Other than that, I can't say that I've been super interested in too much. XD I really do need to find something other than Dragon Age to get me excited. I might give Mass Effect a try. :3

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:05 am
Oh, I also recently caught up on Sherlock! Smile(Interesting season, but perhaps best to keep details out of the thread.)

I've never played either one (on my to-do list... long as it is... thunk ) But I've heard good things about both of them. Mass Effect, in particular, I've heard is excellent.

I liked the KotOR series, but these days I've been swept up in Rift. Not the best decision I've ever made, but it's decent, as far as its genre is concerned.
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm
Yes, probably best to avoid spoilers. XD

They're both really great. :3 Mass Effect is my bf's favorite series and Dragon Age is mine (good job Bioware!). XD

Oh, cool. :3 I have a few friends that are into KotOR. I'm currently inbetween gaming consoles and unfortunately my computer isn't the best for gaming (but, I still love it *pats the MacBook*). I am however, playing through Final Fantasy XII on my bf's xbox when I can though. XD

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:33 am
Well, someday when I have more spare change...

Sounds like you're having fun, even between consoles. Is it true that you can fry an egg on a MacBook? I've always wondered...
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 am
I am. :3 Where there's a will go game, there's a way. XD
I've never tried, but it wouldn't shock me. XD They get rather hot when you try to do something like watch a movie... or start up a game *like Dragon Age*... or sometimes, even when I try to load Neopets. XD Fun times. Heart
Perhaps we should submit the idea to Myth Busters. XD

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 pm
Maybe. I'm finding conflicting data from YouTube videos, so I still don't know what to think. XD

...ecept that I didn't think neopets was that graphics intensive. Shocked

Will => way, this is true. However, the fact that my external mouse died has been a great excuse to focus on what needs to be done instead of gaming. Wink

So, you mentioned wire art in your first post; how long have you been doing that?
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:33 pm
Haha, okay. :3 I'm probably not going to try it until I'm ready to be rid of this computer! XD

It isn't! That's the problem! XD

That's true as well! I actually managed to get some cleaning done this morning because I didn't feel like haphazardly taping my computer charcger back together with electrical tape (the plactic wrapped part is fraying and I can see wires... If the tape fixes it though, it's better than droppomg $80 on a new cord for my silly Mac).

Oh! I've been causually making wire art for about a year now (since we got a Walmart that actually carries the supplies for me to do it!). I'm not too skilled yet, but I haven't practiced much yet. I've made a few rings though, the biggest thing I've made was a palm sized horse head for my high school band director (the school mascot was a horse).

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm
Yes, probably best not to try frying an egg until later. XD

The wire art sounds like fun. Lucky with the WalMart supplier, I know that stock can vary. The horse head sounds pretty awesome, as do your various rings.

I've no experience with true wire art, sadly. However, one of my uncles used to make castles with drops of metal. He'd melt each bit one drop at a time, wait for it to cool, and build up from there. It was pretty cool, but I've never figured out what it was called.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm
It is! I'll try to get a few pictures of my rings up. Heart They're nothing fancy, but I was quite proud. XD

That sounds really cool! I've heard of something like that actually. (This isn't exactly the same thing, but it sounds like it might be a similar material at least). XD There's a guy at the local Renaissance Festival that does something somewhat similar sounding. He makes a mold and then drips melted pewter into the mold and allows it to cool. He makes small figurines, necklaces, and even flasks this way. :3

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:26 pm
Neat!

My uncle would make Christmas ornaments (he'd 'drop' a loop into the construct) and large (1-2.5') castle-towers anchored in whatever stone block he had on hand. All of them were somewhat abstract in form, as I recall.

Sadly, I have no pictures, but as beautiful as they were, they also did a marvelous job of collecting dust. XD Canned air was occasionally required.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:28 am
*revives the thread*
Going to try to start this up again and keep it going to help me organize my goals and projects! c: Would love for folks to chat, chances are you may get a quick doodle of your avatar if you do with my new daily art goal! c:

Hope you all are doing well!

Feb. 22, 2019 Daily Art Post:

A super quick doodle of my avatar!
Page Jump:
Page 1 of 2