The Non-Event Event!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9  Next
Page Jump:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion [Nov.'19]
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Announcements:

History wrote:

2011 wrote:

September 18th-September 30th: Phoenix Rising
The first non-event-event went off with a few hiccups but we learned from them for the next time. We had a great turn out for the contests which included an Avi contest, a Lotto, and a Writing contest.

October 23-29: Zombie Awareness Week
Our second event (or our first mini non-event) went off without a hitch! We had an awsome turn out for the contests which included an Avi contest and a Lotto. This event also introduced NEEM, the non-event event mule. Her help was invaluable. During this event we were also featured in the official Zantarni event by being the host to the first ghost (second quest) of the event.
Escaped! wrote:
Description:
After meeting at the orchard, Dr Tritus leads you eagerly to the location of the ruins. He stands before it, a broad smile on his face, as his hands gently brush back the ivy which is clinging to the walls... exposing a hole. Alice's face pales, "It's gone!!" she whispers hoarsely. You cannot see the Doctor's face, as he is focused on studying the hole, but the tone of his voice leaves no doubt, much to your shock, that he is in a state of controlled anger. Virtually nothing upset Dr Tritus, but the desecration of artifacts was not to be tolerated.

"The amulet has been forcibly removed. You can see from the edges, here and here," he gently draws his finger along the ridge of the hole, "where the chisel went in." As always, the good Doctor's voice betrays no tremor, when dealing with a subject that especially interests him. It was general social interaction that caused him difficulty.

You hear a sudden moan from a clump of trees nearby, making you all jump. You grab a thick branch and approach the copse of trees bravely, ready to bludgeon whatever monster may be lying in wait! As you move to get a better look, you see a man sitting on the ground, his lips moving silently and his eyes staring around at nothing. His balled fists are gripped tightly to his chest, clutching what appears to be the very amulet in the sketch.

You bend down to take the amulet from the man, when he suddenly seems to notice you and screams out, thrusting it into your hands. "Take it, take it!! This morning, I heard the Doctor and Alice talking about this amazing discovery in the woods, and thought to take a peek! The amulet was there, pretty as anything, and I thought it might fetch a nice bit of gold... No sooner did I have it in my hands, than these... these... things came flying out of the hole! Ghosts, apparitions, terrifying, screeching and laughing! They chased me... I must have fallen, because I came to and was alone. But they're waiting for me, I know it! Just around a corner, waiting to take me, and all because of THAT!! Take the amulet, take it!"

Before anyone has a chance to reassure him there is no one else around, but the four of you, the man runs off, continuing his mad ravings as he goes.

You return the amulet to Dr Tritus, who stares after the man for a moment, perplexed at the display you've all just witnessed. "Ghosts?" he muses, turning the amulet over in his hand absently.

"I had no time earlier to translate the glyphs surrounding the amulet, but we have some time to do so now. If you would be kind enough to hold back this ivy, I'll see what I can manage." Alice places herself next to him and, digging about the pack a moment, pulls out a large tome. You've just enough time to catch the title, "Ancient Symbology", before Dr Tritus starts flipping through the pages until he finds what he's looking for.

After some moments, Dr Tritus sits back on his haunches, a frown creasing his face. "If I've translated this correctly, the message engraved here is meant to be a warning," he mumbles to himself. "Beware ye who cross this place and seek a Goddess' boon. Remove the amulet at thy own peril." He shudders involuntarily, looking in the direction the man had fled. "Had that poor fellow but known..."

Alice's brow furrows, as Dr Tritus finishes reading out the warning. "There was only one set of glyphs... wasn't there, Doctor?" she asks, as she moves aside some vines above where the amulet had been, revealing a new message, glowing faintly. You all stare in shock, taken aback by the sudden apparition. Dr Tritus is the first to recover, quickly grabbing up his book once more to give voice to the message from the past.

"Lilitu's Faithful ye must reclaim and return to this place, lest terror be unleashed again upon the world. Collect ye a vessel of light from uncertain origin to draw them in; this will be thy receptacle for the souls."

Shaking his head, Dr Tritus rummages through his pack and draws out yet another tome. Catching your quizzical expression, he smiles a little. "An historical account of Lilitu's time here," he explains, as he flips quickly though the pages. He finally stops, exclaiming, "Aha!" as he scans a page, then reads aloud, "Five unfortunate souls she had claimed, trapping their spirits and binding them to her will." After giving the tome one last scan, he carefully puts it aside, to finish translating the new glyphs.

A few brief moments later, he looks up and reads the translation out loud. "The first spirit sows confusion and will seek out contradictions in the realm. There is no time for Discussion -- Hurry! And when ye have found him, return him here to his rest." He sighs. "If I'm right, this is a spirit Lilitu had bound in chains to bind it to this realm... and to her. The creature went quite mad... We need to act quickly, before he causes any damage!"

original post wrote:
So it happens again. Every event we all say it wont but in the end it always does.

The forums slow down. Users trail off from posting, if they even log on at all.

But during events this site blooms!

So the obvious solution would be to never stop having events right? RIGHT!

*gets beaten by the Knights painfully* Knight

Ya...thats what I thought. Wah!

So obviously we cant ask the artists and tech staff and our royal couple to work there butts off and make non stop events for us, that would SOOOOO not be fare to them when they already give us so much. But why cant we do it?

Why cant we come up with Zantarni based celebrations of our own between big events? And I'm talking site wide too. With contests, roll plays, and quests!

But I'm sorta floundering on ideas myself. Sigh I'd like to find a few dedicated Zantarnians that would be willing to help organize and execute these events.

These staffers would interact privately so details of events wouldn't given away in the thread. But this thread is really for discussing ideas about event themes, how to gather prizes, and anything else people may find relevant.

I hope the idea is well received!

Last edited by InfinitysDaughter on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 6 times in total
Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm
I think this is a really cool idea... I'm not sure what I could do to help, but I would if this were to get going... :3
Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:19 pm
I'm the same as Shugga. I'd totally be willing to help. I'm not a thinker of ideas since I don't have that much creativity stored, but I do execute well.
Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 pm
*raises her hand* When I'm on I can try and help out a bit... Brain storm time!

Random Ideas:

Hosting smaller events perhaps themed in between the two most recent holidays.

*- Raffles -* 1 ticket per person, otherwise a fee of TBA amount for DIs/EIs, money to be fueled for the next event.

*- Scavenger Hunts -* Hosted at a specific time (weekend or TBA, hour started) It can be done by looking for a picture edited in to a post in a hosting thread. For example, Shugga's Shack would be perfect with so many posts inside, she can hide the picture somewhere inside, and users will PM the host when they have found the picture and give a link to what page it's on... the first to PM her will win that prize.. and if there is other regular inhabitants they can help host and hide pictures. ***Pictures will need to be put at the end of posts to keep people from using the search function and finding the link that way.

*- Trivia -* Random Zantarni facts sometimes current from previous event, random real life facts, riddles, etc. Can be done point wise, 1 point per win. Highest points at the end of the event wins a prize.

*- Regular posting threads -* for those participating in our inbetween user created events (perhaps update the front page with teasers for what's next to come XP)

Possible prizes (Dependant on time, effort, difficulty) current set of new Dis, newest commons, and DIs, SS items, items relevant to the next event for dress up possibilities, gold and gems.

Perhaps with some events and threads we create, we can make it themed based on the most recent and the up coming holiday... like a halfaholiday, being half of each holiday. Ex: New years - Valentines - New tinnes , create your own new love outfits and show your love for Zantarni.

With this idea, we can also ask users in a contest for their description of a character that would embody the spirit of Zantarni's half holidays, including back ground information on their character they've created. Character would be a Zantarni character from the Dream Avatar creator, which would become a mascot/NPC/MPC(Multi player character P: ) to host upcoming events, put money and items for the event on, post new topics etc. This would involve the users to make him or her relevant and known, and of course we can do another side vote, and then let the users choose what they feel would be the best choice...

If no halfaholiday, we can always start off with just an inbetween celebration, and have a separate thread for ideas for the next event, asking for the theme and a description. We can take a vote from the organizers which ones we might do. From there we do a pole, and of course have a prize for the best idea. Any ideas submitted may be seen at in later events... and may be resubmitted if it has not been used yet..

Also, we can have an event inbetween to dress up like our inbetween events, depending the theme, and hand out side awards as well for best color harmony, over all best, best creativity.

Okay.. I'm super rambly so if someone can untangle my thoughts that'd be amazing for me because sometimes I can have a lot of thoughts but my direction branches endlessly. Hopefully it'll help someone else brain storm, at the very least. XD'

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am
Karrah, thats exactly how I am, I'm not good with the ideas, but if someone tells me what to do to help, I'm good at doing what they need of me...

Inspire, I really like those ideas... Yes

I'm all up for helping in any way...
:3
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 am
Yay! Interest!

*glomps Inspire* Your amazing! I love your ideas! There perfect!

And sweet! Some staffers. X3 *huggles Shugga and Karrah*

[edit] Do any of you guys have a LiveJournal account? I was wondering if a private group there might be the best way to communicate for non-event staffers? Or if anyone has a better idea? I want a way that we can all see what everyone is saying and I think PMs might be confusing or things might get lost in communication.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:05 pm
*huggles Infinity back*

I hope this goes well, it seems like a lot of fun... :3

And I don't have a livejournal, but I could get one if that was necessary... And yeah, I get quite a few pm's and sometimes I accidentally miss some...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:23 pm
I think that would be best since I can easily monitor who gets to see the community.

And I already have an idea for the first non-event too! Now all I need to do is get some funds together for the ultimate prizes. If I can find anyone even willing to sell the items I want to have as the prizes. @.@

I'll make the community on LJ and PM it to ya Sugga Heart

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm
I don't have lots of zg at the moment, but I'm mining lots right now and will have more to help out with after I do...

And I'm about to check out the Livejournal, I'm totally new at it though so I might have difficulty figuring things out at first...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 pm
It may have sent you a message saying you were added to the community. You should be able to click "friends page" and it'll show the latest posts from your friends journals and the communities you belong to.
Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:48 pm
Added. Username is cyrnean.
Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:20 pm
*huggles smooshes Infinity*

I'm glad my ideas are to your guys liking... n__n'

My Livejournal's name will be Linspirits, although it'll take me some time to get used to as well since I'm not accustomed to it either.

If you need funds I can help with that aspect. Yes Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can contribute.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 pm
The tentative details of the first non-event is posted at the LJ community. Tell me what you guys think.
Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 am
I.. haven't a clue where that is. Embarassed
Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:10 am
I wonder if LJ is the best option. It is set up a little wanky... Anyone know of a make your own forum site?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9  Next
Page Jump:
Page 1 of 9