Squirtle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bulbasaur
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:45 am
Looking for general chat about Pokemon in all its versions! Classic Red, Blue, Yellow? Oh yeah. Pokemon Snap? Totes! Let's go, Pikachu/Eevee? Oh wow, what are we even doing with our lives? . . gimmee that Eevee! XD

I will go ahead and say that I'm pretty out of the loop on anything past Pokemon Crystal. I did start playing one after that but didn't make any significant progress before having to return it to it's owner. And now there are all the different gaming consoles so I don't even know what to do! Are there any good emulators online? Or is there a version that would be worth shelling out the money to go back and play?

Are there any Pokemon Go Players looking for new friends to gift and trade with?
Send me a request! 6632 2018 7946
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:23 pm
I've only played the classic red version, and that was many many years ago. If I had the time, I would play it again! I remember spending so much time in Viridian Forest looking for a Pikachu. Laughing

Avi Vote
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm
I used to grind 5 levels per area and wouldn't leave until I had caught 1 of everything that lived in that area XD needless to say there was alot of time spent in the wild and then I would breeze through any challengers meaning it was back to grinding XD DERP! The only thing I never tried to catch was Missing No

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 pm
I tried doing that too. I would actually look at a guide as I played, just so I wouldn't miss anything. But then I'd lose interest and not get very far.

I've never heard of Missing No before, so I googled it. That is awesome!

Avi Vote
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 pm
You might do better with a more free form version like Pokemon Go. You can play without much time spent grinding but it kinda sucks for the more rural crowd. Not really any stops outside of town and pokemon only spawn within a relative proximity to pokestops. But pretty fun seeing 3D versions of all the pokemon we saw growing up ^_^

Pokemon back in the day seems like it was more about training your favorites and using them consistently as a team throughout the story rather than the more current versions have gotten super tactical with all the new type additions, personality traits, and frienship levels. It feels like you have to breed the very best pokemon and create full on spreadsheets to get the most out of it (which is exactly what some people do). Not saying the story can't be played just for funsies the old way it's just that you'd only be utilizing about 50% of the gameplay. So daunting O_O
Page 1 of 1