Dreams
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page Jump:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19]
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:51 pm
I've had a few dreams where I seriously think they had some sort of meaning to them. Most of the time, I have such strange dreams, my head must be messing with me. But there are a few I've had where I think the universe was trying to tell me something.

I've also had many dreams that could be considered a warning(?) but nothing has happened. Which leaves me sort of questioning the ones that I think have a significant meaning to them.

So, Zantarni friends, the meaning of dreams: warnings from beyond, subconscious messing with you, have you had any experiences with dreams coming true, do you remember your dreams? Anything else related :3
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 pm
I truly believe all dreams, including prophetic ones are just your subconcious sorting stuff out. Do not look for literal meanings, look deeply at the symbolism, what it means to you and how it is impacting what is going on in your life. dreams are super important and I think everyone should have a dream journal beside their bed and a pen. Just jot down the basics, if it is a complex dream, elaborate after the main points are down. Often times you can read back and be amazed at the insightfulness of your dreams and even shocked at how intense they are...

I find my dreams are really creative and I come up with new ideas or sort out problems with a particular piece in my dreams.
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:49 pm
I wish I could remember my dreams... Most of the time I don't even remember I had any dreams at all.

The few times I do remember, they're usually either weird WTF stuff or a giant mess. XD

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:02 am
I have a dream journal, though I've fallen out of the practice of writing my dreams down. I should really start doing that again.
Every now and then, I'll go back and re-read what I wrote and I've found a few similar themes my subconscious seems to be dwelling on. It's pretty interesting.

Manah, I have a lot of WTF dreams too. If I can remember them, and if I can sort through them as I'm writing them down, it usually feels like those "garbled mess" dreams are two or three dreams meshed together.

Many of my story plot/ideas come from my weirdo dreams XD
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:05 am
Sometimes stuff happens, you are late for work/school and you cant do it. Personally I have been so busy lately that I have not had time, but when life settles a little, I will continue it. But, I think it is well worth it. A dream dictionary purchase might help as well.

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:04 am
Riley wrote:
So, Zantarni friends, the meaning of dreams: warnings from beyond, subconscious messing with you, have you had any experiences with dreams coming true, do you remember your dreams? Anything else related :3

First, I have to say that most of the time, dreams are just your subconcious sorting through and cross referencing the input from your day. That said, I have had other dream experiences as well.

I have had shared dreams. Several with my high school best friend, one of which was several years after high school when we were living half the country away from each other. I know the dreams were shared, because I remembered them, but she started to tell me about them before I had a chance to tell her. Yes

I also had a shared dream with a friend's cousin and his friend. My friend was telling me about this dream that his cousin and their friend shared. He started to describe something from the dream wrongly, so I started to correct him. His eyes got huge as he listened to me, and he told me that everything I had described was almost exactly the way that his cousin had told it to him.

I've also had a few message dreams. One was when I had just started getting involved with Wicca. I was planning on signing up for overtime at work so I could buy a bunch of things for an altar. I ended up having a dream about digging rocks out of the yard, and remembering that I didn't really need the rocks because I had a bag of rocks already inside the house. When I woke up, I realized that the dream was telling me that I should use things that I already had instead of working pointlessly for things I didn't really need.

I don't always remember my dreams, but I used to remember a LOT of them.

When I was in the hospital, I had dreams that I couldn't quite remember, but that had me feeling extremely anxious. After I got home from the hospital, for several weeks I'd wake up in the morning and realize that I was flailing my arms like I was trying to keep something/someone away. Oddly enough, not the same level of anxiety there. Confused

Oh, one thing. I think dream dictionaries are a complete waste of money. Dream imagery is personal, and can't be put in a book by a stranger. For example, there are animale in my dreams that look like a cross between a cat & a squirrel. They are fuzzy and cute, but you don't want to touch them...they are rats. I know someone who says that in their dreams, throw rugs are dangerous. If you step on one, you will slip and fall, and not be able to get to your feet again. Try to find that in any dream dictionary.

I may be back later to add more detail. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:21 am
Shared dreams are really interesting. I personally have not had any shared dream with anyone (not that I know of, at least).

I do have a dream dictionary, and I agree that most of it seems like a waste of time. However, instead of looking up specific things from my dreams, I will look up themes instead. That's been a bit more useful :3
Paganbeer

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm
In the dream that I shared with my friend's cousin and his friend,my friend and I think that his cousin's friend somehow pulled me into that dream. (Which is extra weird when you consider that I never met him. Ever.) There are a couple of reasons why we came up with this. 1.) In my dream, I was with two boys, but I could only see one of them. I just knew that there was two of them. 2.) In the cousin's dream, he looked at his friend, and saw that he was wearing a dress. In the way of dreams, he didn't find it odd until he woke up.

We think that what the cousin was seeing was the two of us in the same spot (I'm usually in a dress in dreams...not sure why, I rarely wear them in real life.).

My other shared dreams were with a friend from high school. The first one was just nonsense...but she told me about it before I told her, so I know it happened.

The second one was more interesting. I was living in another state at that time, and we had set up a day and time for me to call her. I had some stuff going on at the time that I really wanted to talk to her about, and a couple nights before I was supposed to call her I dreamed that we were in a red room that was about halfway filled with pillows. We were lounging on the pillows when I suddenly remembered what I wanted to talk to her about, and started talking. When I called her later, she remembered the dream, and even reminded me of a key phrase we used in the dream that slipped my mind when I woke up.

Lucid dreaming (being aware that you are dreaming) is pretty rare for me, so I thought that one was pretty cool. Very Happy
Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:39 pm
I've never experience a shared dream before. It sounds quite interesting. I just wouldn't want to share any nightmares. The only interesting that I've dreamt about lately was my easel table being destroyed by certain family member who broke it. They were laughing and I was very angry and frustrated with them for breaking it. In the dream I realized that I didn't need to be so angry with them and let the whole situation go. I was actually glad to wake up and see that my easel table was still there.
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:02 pm
I've had shared dreams before--with my best friend, and also with a friend in college.
I've had dreams that are exagerrated versions of reality, lucid dreams where I control and tell a story, and dreams that scard me so much they still haunt me (everyone turned into giant cockroaches except for me).
Dream dictionaries only give the most common interpretations of things.
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:11 pm
Lately I've been having dreams about my ex >.<
And they haven't been good dreams either. I've been trying to let go of him (it's been long enough and it was not a healthy relationship) but I just keep having dreams about him. Grrr. I wonder if it's because I didn't get closure with the relationship and I'm trying to get it subconsciously.
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 am
I've had some lucid dreams when I was in grade school. I was constantly having nightmares about falling. Later I started being able to control some parts of my dreams. Like not going into dangerous places that didn't feel right or deciding to take another trail. The last falling dream I remember turned into me slowly floating. For some reason I decided not to look at the ground, but instead, Look at the horizon. It made me more calmer. I don't dream as much now. I have had some dreams that I was later reminded of the next day or even a month after.
Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:22 am
I have these phases where I can remember my dreams, and sometimes I can't. Most of the time they make absolutely no sense, but it's fun to dream, unless you end up in a nightmare. Then... not so fun. Laughing
Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:00 pm
Sometimes I dream in black and white. I wonder what that means. Confused

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:46 pm
So I had this really weird nightmare a little while ago I just had to share... It was so vivid I can still remember it clearly.

I was at Walmart with my mom (I was off visiting with her and we had to do an errand run) and we suddenly found ourselves in the midst of a zombie horde. (I know right? When I woke up my first thought was WTF WALMART?! It's in the Zombie apocalypse rulebook -- NEVER hide out in Walmart!)

So we desperately try to stay away from these things while I'm calling my husband (who's back home with the kidlets) to warn him about what's going on and make sure he and the kids are alright. We eventually fight our way into a clear staff lounge with a few other survivors. It's at this point that I realize I lost my cellphone and my only means of communication with my husband, who is on his way to find me. OH! And I'm suddenly finding myself with my kids, whom I could have sworn I left at home with my husband when this nightmare started.

Figures!! Stupid nightmare.

So now I'm frantic.

Next thing I know, people burst into our safe room and it turns out to be another group of survivors, who are looking for more survivors, to lead them to a safer place with even more survivors. Among them are none other then my niece and nephew, looking bad...erm... tushied >___> in their survival gear and sword weaponry (my nephew actually owns a sword, I'm not making that part up! XD )

And while all the explanations of the current situation, and "good to see ya"s and "thanks for your help" are going on, I notice my nephew is looking rather pale. So, being a dutiful aunt, I ask him if he's ok. He pulls me aside and shows me where, you guessed it, he'd been bit. He tells me there's still time before he turns but we need to get out NOW and deal with that later and YES the others know, can we please GO NOW!!

So I gather my mom and kids and prepare to make the rush out when I spot some cellphones in the electronic department just a few feet away and actually stop and wonder if I could make it to them before the zombies standing RIGHT THERE will get me.

I am apparently starting to wake up at this point, because I can hear my internal monologue stating quite clearly "WTH are you thinking?! The survivors will have cell phones! What, it's the Zombie apocalypse and you want to stop and shop?!"

It's at this point that I wake up.

I swear, I sat there for at least 10 minutes trying to understand what in the 9 unholy hells
a) prompted the dream
2) made me consider taking on a zombie horde to get a cell phone.
and
c) why didn't I head to the sporting goods department for a bat or possibly even a rifle, the kitchen department for a damned frying pan or the tooling department for am axe?! I remember thinking about it while I was on the phone with my hubby, but somehow we never got there...

So, either my dream self needs a solid kick in the arse or I've been a little too stressed lately and need to remember to breeeaath! I'm going with the latter, but I swear if my dream self gets that stupid again, I'll feed her to the zombies myself!! Hey!

Page Jump:
Page 1 of 2