40%  [ 2 ]
Errr... no. >.<
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm
An idea occurred to me the other day when I was putting together the avatar that I am wearing now.

Like all avatar sites, there are some items that are very popular and that the users like very much and then there are some that are not a user's favourite either because they sit on the avi awkwardly or the colour is off or something along those lines.

I call these items Zan's ugly cute items.

As many of you know (or maybe you don't, I don't know), I am a big fan of out of the box avatars and I love these ugly cute items and try to use them as much as I possibly can.

Since I have been on a bit of a rut lately with putting my avis together, I hereby invite you all to post recommendations for items that you think are ugly cute in order to challenge me to make an avi using said item.

You are welcome to join me in this endeavour and show off avis that you come up with as well.

Who knows? Maybe I will make a contest out of it with some snazzy prizes. Wink

Challenge me away! :3 Knight

Challenges tackled:

1. Eidyll Leaf Tunic by Rayven:

2. Alderwood Harp (changed to Willowwood Harp, as I don't own the other item) by Bohemian:

3. Topaz Glendor (Last Love) by Rayven:

4. Captured Turnip Glendor by Bohemian.

5. Purple Gold Fete Surcoat by Rayven:

6. Monochromatic look with Arcarius Bow by Bo:

7. Dicha Wrap by Rayven:

8. Earth Cyclops Sight by Riley:

9. Dark Wood Turquoise Bow in all Turquoise (or shades close to) outfit by Bohemian:

10. Brown Lace Top for Bohemian:

11. Frosted Green Cloak for Rayven:

12. Purplish Hawk for Rayven:

13. Kraken Visage for Bo:

14. Candy Fish Bottoms for Bo:

15. Edingtol Heavy Hammer for Rayven:

16. Iron Armor Spikes for Bohemian (very feminine outfit and a masculine avi):

17. Bohemian: My challenge for you is to use items that have the word "Gypsy" in the item. eBil

Edit: I don't mean every item with the word "Gypsy" in the name. Just pick one...or two and go for it. Laughing Yes

18. Bohemian: Pink + one other colour outfit. I picked orange and pink.

~Bonus challenge~

1. Eidyll Petal Top by Rayven:

2. Willowwood Harp by Bo:

3. Captured Turnip Glendor by Bo:

4. Aquamarine Gold Fete Surcoat:

~CURRENT CHALLENGE~

Scarecrow items by Bohemian.

Last edited by LillieRose on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:28 am; edited 43 times in total
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm
This is a good idea Lillie! I always love your outfits, and I've often wished I were as creative as you. XD I'll try to think of more and maybe come up with an outfit when I have more time. But for now:

Eidyll Petal Tunic

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:51 am
Thank you Rayven. :3

Just like in real life, I like my outfits boring and basic and then adding a bit of weird flare to it. XD

Challenge accepted!

Did you mean the Eidyll Petal Top:

or

the Eidyll Leaf Tunic:

~EDIT~

I opted for the Eidyll Leaf Tunic, which I found harder to play around with than the Eidyll Petal Top.

I will tackle the Eidyll Petal Top next.

For now, Eidyll Leaf Tunic avi:

~EDIT II~

Okay, the Eidyll Petal Top was shamefully easy for me to combine into an avatar.

The colours might not match perfectly but I have to say, I am loving the feel of this avi.

~EDIT III~

Challenge me. CHALLENGE ME! XD

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 am
Alderwood Harp. Ninja
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:35 pm
You're very welcome Lillie! I meant the Eidyll Tunic so you were right. It turned out awesome! See? I told you that you are a genius. XD I have so much trouble with that. If it doesn't match exactly I freak out. I also have trouble putting outfits together using unique pieces or ideas. I have trouble in real life. My outfits just stay boring. XD You amaze me. There are a few others on here that I'm always impressed by too. Very Happy I'll come back soon with another challenge. Today is going to be busy. :/

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:07 pm
Thanks Rayven, I am glad you approve. :3

Hopefully, I have provided some inspo as to how to use the tunic in a future avatar maybe.

I am hardly a fashion genius, I make mistakes sometimes. I've made avis that were totally hideous before. XD

I do have to say, my good friend Strawberry13, who is not on Zan anymore was a great inspiration to me when it came to putting avis together.

I agree, there are some really creative people around who make amazing avatars. :3

I had a very weird outfit on at work on Friday: army green skinny jeans, black T with a black cat face and big green cat eyes and a poofy, 3/4 sleeved cardigan. And black leather Converse hightops. I am lucky that my boss doesn't mind my casual work outfits. XD

bohemian wrote:
Alderwood Harp. Ninja

I would accept your challenge Bo, but I don't own this item. I missed the event when this item was released.

Would you mind if I used the Willowwood Harp instead? I can get that one from the Weapons' Shop. :3

~EDIT~

Here you go, Bo. :3

I hope you approve.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:05 am
Lillie you have inspired me. I think I worry too much about if the colors match perfectly. I should worry more about the look at as a whole. Yes

It sounds like your real life outfit was pretty hip. I think that's the word I'm looking for. XD

I love the avi you made with the harp! Straight out of the middle ages. XD

I have a new challenge:

Topaz Glendor (any form of them will do)

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:35 am
That's good. I hope to keep up inspiring you and everyone else. :3

YES! That is exactly what you should do. Sometimes, it is possible to match colours perfectly but more often, just try to put something together that goes and has a certain vibe. The overall effect is more important than having all the colours match.

Thanks. As soon as I looked up the harp, an idea of a bard popped into my head, so I just rolled with it. XD

I might attempt another idea with it too.

And I accept the Topaz Glendor challenge. I think I have a Last Love one. :3

~EDIT~

Okay, avi 2 for the harp.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 am
I just went with the first harp I saw in the fitting room. XD

So the alternate harp worked well. Yes

My next item challenge is...Captured Turnip Glendor.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm
And here is an avi with the Last Love Topaz Glendor for Rayven. :3

Awesome, Bo. Did you like my creations? :3

Okay, on to the Captured Turnip Glendor. XD

~EDIT~

Here we go, Bo. :3

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm
Lillie the topaz glendor one turned out really cool! And creepy! XD Thanks for doing these challenges. It's really fun. Very Happy

My current avi is my attempt. XD I hope it doesn't look too bad. I normally wouldn't use those colors. I wanted to wear a cloak, but half of the lantern disappeared whenever I tried. XD

I have a new challenge for you:
Amethyst Gold Fete Surcote (I've always wanted to use it, but found it difficult to make an outfit out of.)

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 pm
Thanks Rayven. It was fun playing around with the Glendor, I haven't used one in ages. :3

No! Thank you, these challenges help me fall in love with Zan avis all over again. We have some many cool items to tell a story with. I am really enjoying myself. :3

Oh Rayven, it doesn't look bad at all! I love it! Reminds me of an albino gargoyle. There is a story with this avi, I am sure of it. XD

Did you try wearing a shorter cloak?

And here's another avi with the Captured Turnip Glendor for Bo. Bit more inspiration with this one. :3

Okay, I will try but I don't have the Amethyst Gold one, I have a regular Purple Gold Fete Surcoat, will that do?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 pm
You're very welcome. Very Happy I know a lot of people hate the glendors, but I love them. XD

Very Happy I'm happy to help!

Thank you! XD I love your description. I was thinking a vampire out for a midnight snack. Apparently vampires or gargoyles eat fried chicken. XD

No. I don't have all of the cloaks, and all the ones that I have that would go with this avi are long.

Cute turnip avi!

Sure. That will work just fine. It looks close enough that it will give me some ideas. Very Happy

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:59 pm
I don't dislike the Glendors, I just have memories of their invasion that I would rather not recall. It was hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

We had so many Glendors that in the end, Lord Scarz decided that he will adopt them all and find them good homes with other players. I only kept my Last Love Glendors.

I do try to use them in an avi from time to time. :3

I don't know why gargoyle came to mind for me. Vampire works as well.

I know for a fact that gargoyles enjoy a bit of fried chicken from time to time. Who doesn't? XD

Ah, well, if you find something in the Fitting room that might work, let me know, I might have it, I can lend it to you. :3

Thanks. I think the other one that I came up with was not inspired enough. XD

Cool, I'll get onto it. :3

~EDIT~

Here we go Rayven, Purple Gold Fete Surcoat.

I think, the best advice I can give you with this one is to work the different shades of purple we have together.

Simply because the purple of the surcoat is so rich, you need to work the other, slightly duller purples around it. :3

I think I will try something with the Aquamarine one, too. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am
That's understandable. The glendor invasion happened before I got here so I didn't get to see it. I wish I had though. XD

XD That's true. My Mom must be part gargoyle. Lol

Ok thanks. I didn't even think of that! *smacks forehead* I can loan you my challenge item the next time if you don't have it. Very Happy

I disagree. The first turnip glendor challenge was good too. It was simple, but it worked. I just really liked the colors of the next one you did. XD

Wow! That's a purple dream! XD

That's good advice, but I think my main problem with that one wasn't color. It was just trying to find items that fit around/under/on top of it. I'll try again soon. Right now I have another idea for an outfit already that I've been dying to try. XD

That would be cool to see. Very Happy

Please let me know if I overwhelm you with challenges, or if you get tired of it. XD I could do this forever because I love seeing how other people put items together.
Page 1 of 5