Things I am working on, come chat :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter [Nov.'19]
Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm
just wanted to show off a bit of what I had been working on for Khavi

so I am coloring it in realistically which is why you see no lines. thought it I'm hoping, will be awesome looking by the time I am done with it.

the original outline:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/MaggotBox/Suonevar1-1.png

any crituques are welcome.

I am coloring on a soft light layer at 50% opacity.
I chose the color brown just because it was pleasing to work with on my eyes.

I edited the second image to a link as it was stretching the page. ~ Nema <3

Last edited by keres corvax on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 am
Ooh i like it! Cant wait to see it finished! Smile I like the idea of no harsh lines, ive been trying to figure out how to do that myself.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 am
Thank you Very Happy it has taken a lot of practice. and a lot of tinkering around.

I have watched many youtube videos, and read many web pages. and I use a crazy amount of references.

but, what I have found that works best for me so far, is working with a layer like this on top of what I want to start with:

click layer> new layer> then set it to soft light layer> check in the "fill in with 50% grey" option.> From here on this layer you only paint in any white, grey's and black. Trying to paint with your brush at varing opacities. and smudging the colors to your desire.

after that you can apply colors.

this is what I did with that peice. I just had an extra layer that i made brown and put to overlay so that I didn't have to look at it being colored in black and white.

also I ussualy merge it all as well down once i have reached a comfortale level. and then I color on a different layer.

and a lot of it is properly placing shadows to get the desired effect.

but this way is only one of many ways to do it Very Happy

*edit*

I have been also working on a birthday oresent for somone, and I have been dying to give a sneak peak of it, but I don't want to ruin the suprise for her. so i am goingto post a link here so you all can see what they are.

it is three parts.

a snow filled mountain field

her character carrying a giant snow boulder

and my character all distracted by making a snow ball smaller than her snow bolder. My character totally un suspecting to her humor, she is about to get a good suprise.

She asked for something cute, and i said ok Very Happy

anyways, let me know what you all think. I'm really starting to try to get more into doing backgrounds with my pictures. so please do let me know if it loks like it could use some work. thank you Very Happy
Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 pm
I love the effect so far, Keres!! It's ethereal Yes
Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 pm
thank you so much. :3

*edit*

I did a bunch more on the most recent drawing I have put up..

Now I just need to add definition the characters and color them in. :3
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 pm
That dragons pic looks cool Keres, I can't wait to see how the finished piece will look... :3
Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm
thank you very much Shugga :3

*edit*

I did my first actual acrylic painting.

I took three diferent photos of it because of the diferent lightling shows the colors diferent.
here are the full size images

do let me know what you think. Smile

*edit*

Just wanted to show a little bit of the progress that I just got done with, still have a ways to go.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 pm
I saw your post in the Zan status thread and i came here to see your painting. XD Its cool! My mom paints with acrylics and i do watercolors, i was thinking about doing a painting with acrylics, because the colors are easier to make bright! I like your painting!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm
Thank you very much Smile
I'm really new when it comes to paining this becasue I've been really afraid of screwing it up.
Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy346/Charlene_Rowe/Random%20fun/Allwomen2.png

Well at least yours looks nicer than this sempai. *Holds up photo*

Would have made it small but it looked kinda funny small.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 pm
Awe hun your is beautiful looking. :3 And we need to get you a thread to show of your art Very Happy
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:27 pm
okay. Very Happy

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 am
Moar detail:

Click the link below please and thank you Smile

My progress so far :
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/377666_10151042328696017_440597578_n.jpg

Part 3

What I have done for definition color in the last 10 minutes.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/MaggotBox/kdw-snowball-BWPreview.png

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:37 am
I would like some arts! How much would you charge to do my current avie (sheep included)? Very Happy
Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm
-glomps- XD

lol I almost forgot I have this show off spot XD

my Pay shop is located here

:d But I can take your order over here and transfer it t the shop (which horible needs to be updated D: )

Very Happy you have a nice and simple one and my prices are not set at the moment, how about 10k to 15k? for a fully colored with adorable rainbow sheep :3

/terrible at pricing

gettting to figuring out a pose for your charachter right now. I have a lovely Bo peep idea Heart

Last edited by keres corvax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2