Pet Rocks!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:50 pm
*hugs Tam*

I haven't worn the Lenes set in a looong time. I like them but I think I'm not a huge fan of something giant on my head. XD I tend to wear more delicate pieces.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm
Those are interesting ideas, Tam! I second a sunflower outfit. Yes
A new clickable pet would be cool....maybe a frog that starts out as eggs, then changes to a polliwog and then a frog. Or a caterpillar to a cocoon to a butterfly.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:33 pm
Those would be awesome! Very Happy I haven't heard the word polliwog in forever. We usually call them tadpoles here. I like polliwog better. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:36 pm
That's funny. In my mind, I thought 'tadpole', but ended up typing 'polliwog'. I used both as a kid, but I think I used polliwog more.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:13 pm
XD I'm glad you did. I had forgotten all about that word.

I used to go to this one creek when I was a kid that had a bunch of them. By the time I found them they were almost about to lose their tails, so they were pretty big. I had so much fun catching them. They also had softshell turtles. They were really cool too. We had a couple of those, plus a baby snapping turtle I had found, in an aquarium for awhile. Dad had put some minnows in there too. Eventually they got big enough that they quit eating their pellets and started eating the minnows. Dad threw them all in the pond after that. Rolling Eyes I didn't like that very much, but they needed a bigger environment anyway.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:34 pm
There's a creek at the end of the street where my parent's live. As kids, my sister and I would catch tiny tadpoles, and keep them in the fish tank my dad set up for us. We'd watch them grow into frogs, and then when they started croaking, we would take them back to the creek and let them go. We wanted to keep them, but they were super loud at night, and kept us awake, even though they were outside.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:57 am
I bet. XD One time a tree frog hitched a ride on a plant that we brought indoors. He was there all winter and we didn't even know until spring when he started making noises. Crickets in the house will drive a person batty too.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:38 am
Wow, he must have been super hungry. XD I had lizards when I was at my parent's house, and kept the crickets in the garage. Occasionally, some would get lose and we'd hear it in the house.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm
I know I would be. XD I guess he hibernated? I sure hope so. Otherwise, that would be a very long winter. Lol

Same here. My Dad and brother had a leopard gecko, but Dad kept the crickets in the house. XD I don't think they were quite as noisy as the ones that get in from outside though. Those wild black ones are always making noise. I'd rather deal with them than flies though. I'm not sure why they think they have to fly in my face and try to touch me. Grr

Last night there was some kind of bug in my room. It was crawling up my leg and I flicked it off. I was exhausted and didn't feel like taking it outside so I squished it. Then I felt bad. Sad A few minutes later it was crawling up my leg again. Turns out I had squished a small piece of wood that I carried in on my shoes. XD I was so glad that I hadn't squished the bug that I took him outside and set him free.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am
Ugh, I hate flies. The bad thing about having the cat being able to open the door to get in and out is that now there's always at least one fly in the house. I told my husband we should just have a venus fly trap garden in the house. No more flies. Very Happy

I try to take bugs outside too. I feel bad when I hurt them.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:03 pm
A venus fly trap is a good idea. We use those ugly sticky things that hang from the ceiling. They're awful, but they work. Only they usually don't catch the flies. I think flies are usually too smart. XD They do a good job of catching anything else that might get in though.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:30 pm
Knowing me, I would walk right into them and get my hair caught in them! XD

Established Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 pm
Oh domestic crickets are noisy alright. I kept some for pets once. And it's funny the fly strips didn't catch flies for you, I remember them working when I was a kid. Venus flytraps in captivity don't really eat bugs much, but I think they make less ugly fly traps now days.

It's doing one of those beautiful all day rains here. I'm enjoying watching it through the window.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:21 pm
Riley-I would too but we keep them up high.

Tam-I have had them work but only when I had a ton of them in the house. That was back when I had a doggy door. When there's only one or two they never seem to make it to the fly trap. I had a venus fly trap when I was a kid but I didn't have much luck with it. That was probably because I was a kid and didn't know what I was doing.

I'm glad your'e enjoying your weather. Very Happy It's super hot here.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:16 pm
I had a venous fly trap as a kid too, and it didn't do well either. I kept it outside, but it still died.

We're in a nice stretch of high 80's weather. But since it's summer, I expect the temperature to have a seizure and it will spike up to the 100's soon. I haven't looked because I don't want to know. XD
Page 85 of 87